King Abdullah & Queen Rania- Current News & Photos XII

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How they could be closer every year?:D ,they depends on moon's calendar,and it's always two months and then days between the two eids,that never changes,the change could only on christian/gregorian calendar,but also if you count how much days betweens the two Eids,it stays 2months and 10 days.;)

Eid Saed for all.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
Eid Mubarak to everyone!!:)
The two Eids get closer and closer every year dont they?

Where is Queen Rania these days? Haven't seen her that much lately..

suPeRgiRL! said:
Where is Queen Rania these days? Haven't seen her that much lately..

the family is spending eid privately out of of Jordan.
Also King Abdullah was supposed to be performing Hajj is SA so Im guessing the Queen and the older kids might be doing the same.

Monalisa said:
How they could be closer every year?:D ,they depends on moon's calendar,and it's always two months and then days between the two eids,that never changes,the change could only on christian/gregorian calendar,but also if you count how much days betweens the two Eids,it stays 2months and 10 days.;)

Eid Saed for all.

well thats what I mean. Because of the lunar calendar the time difference seems to fluctuate, atleast to me. When in reality it is the same. When I was little and even in my teens, the two Eids seemed further apart, but now I have an older perspective.

a side note...i saw (then) Prince Abdullah on ST: Voyager tonight. Before I used to keep forgetting which episode he starred in but I'll remember it from now on, because of the storyline its actually one of my favourite episodes of Vovager. I've seen it a few times now but Im surprised every time I see KA in it.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
a side note...i saw (then) Prince Abdullah on ST: Voyager tonight. Before I used to keep forgetting which episode he starred in but I'll remember it from now on, because of the storyline its actually one of my favourite episodes of Vovager. I've seen it a few times now but Im surprised every time I see KA in it.

Can you tell the name of the episode please?:)

Its an episode from Season 2 and is called "Investigations"

I know what you mean about Eid seeming closer together, Humera. It ust feels like one Eid is done and the next comes along!

not another royal death in the ME...first Dubai, then Bahrain, and now Kuwait.
I just saw a news report on tv about the Emir's death.
It was also mentioned that the crown prince is ailing himself.

I had hoped 2006 would be a happier year than 2005, that just doesn't seem to be the case!

Date: 2006-01-15
European and American Bishops Show Support for Holy Land

JERUSALEM, JAN. 15, 2006 (ZENIT.org).- Bishops from Europe and the Americas are in Jerusalem to learn how they can support the local Church in the Holy Land. .........

From Jerusalem, they will travel to Jordan. On Tuesday afternoon they will be received in audience by King Abdullah II of Jordan.

The program on Wednesday includes pastoral visits to the local Church in Jordan......
http://www.zenit.org/english/visualizza.phtml?sid=82820

King Visits Special Operations Headquarters

Amman, Jan. 18 (Petra) -- His Majesty King Abdullah II, the Supreme Commander of the Jordan Armed Forces visited Wednesday the Special Operations Headquarters. The King listened to a military briefing by Commander of the Special Operations on the training and administrative issues at the special operations units and formations.
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Jan/18/30074400.htm

Pictures from Petra:

Queen Rania Tours Family Guidance and Awareness Center

Zarqa, Jan. 18 (Petra) -- Her Majesty Queen Rania Al-Abdullah, on Wednesday, visited the Family Guidance and Awareness Center in the Governorate of Zarqa, which was established in 1996 as an affiliate of the Housewives Association. Founded in 1982, the association aims at empowering women economically and socially, and integrating them within national development programs.

http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Jan/18/30073700.htm

Pictures from Petra

Thans for the pictures, Humera. Hasn't Rania visited this centre before?

Just wondering, but does anyone know if a full list of the World Economic Forum's "Young Leader's" will be published? I keep hearing of new nominations everyday but would prefer to see the full list.

im not sure Little_star, QRania might've visited that place before.

This might be something to look forward to:

28 Foreign Monarchs Invited To Thai King's Diamond Jubilee

BANGKOK, Jan 14 (Bernama) -- The monarchs of 28 countries, including the Yang di-Pertuan Agong of Malaysia, have been invited to attend the 60th anniversary celebrations of King Bhumibol Adulyadej's accession to the throne in June this year.

The other countries include Bahrain, Brunei, Bhutan, Japan, Jordan, Kuwait, Morocco, Holland, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Swaziland, Tonga, the United Arab Emirates and Britain.

http://www.bernama.com.my/bernama/v3/news.php?id=175473

Perhaps we'll see both the King and Queen attend the celebrations.

Wow! Potentially that could be a really big event! I don't know much about Thai Royalty but if they're anything like the Brunei Royal Family it will be very ostentatious!

King Congratulates President of China</STRONG>
Pet0426 4 0117 King Congratulates President of China For Papers Use Only.................. Amman, Jan. 19 (Petra) -- His Majesty King Abdullah II on Thursday sent a cable to President of China Hu Jintao, congratulating him in his name and on behalf of the Jordanian people and government on the anniversary of the Chinese New Year. King Abdullah wished president Jintao continued good health and happiness and the people of China further progress and prosperity. //Petra// 191707 Local JAN 2006 
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Jan/19/30088600.htm

King Meets heads of US and European dioceses</STRONG>
Pet0834 4 0385 King Meets heads of US and European dioceses Amman/Jan.17(Petra)-- His majesty King Abdullah II on Tuesday affirmed the importance of coordination and cooperation between churches in Jordan and Holy Land and West, particularly the Catholic church, and to organize meetings to discuss means of facing various challenges that encounter peace and Holy City. King Abdullah stressed, during a meeting with heads of US and European dioceses, at the Royal Court attended by Senator Akal Beltaji, that Jordan looks at the Holy City of Jerusalem as a city of hope and peace for the followers of three religions. King Abdullah warned against the vacuum of Arab Christian residents of Jerusalem due to the intensive immigration, calling on churches to encourage the Jerusalemites to stay in the Holy City to preserve on the its identity. King Abdullah reviewed Jordan's diligent efforts starting from Amman Message to enhance co-existing and launching a dialogue between West and East, among the followers of three religions to glorify the joint elements of humanity and faith. the delegation commended His majesty the King's efforts to enhance peace in the region, build bridge of understanding and cooperation between followers of the religions and they praised the religious freedoms stipulated in the Jordanian constitute. The delegation members visited Christian pilgrimage sites as Nebo mount and Baptism in addition to social and cultural centers supervised by local churches. Wardat/Petra 172057 Local JAN 2006 
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Jan/17/30052900.htm

Little_star said:
Wow! Potentially that could be a really big event! I don't know much about Thai Royalty but if they're anything like the Brunei Royal Family it will be very ostentatious!

I dont think anybody's as ostentatious as the Brunei royals!;)
But yes, if all the 29 monarchs do attend the celebrations, this could prove to be THE royal event of the year. Im sure all the Asian royals will be there, including the Bruneians, Malaysians.
Most of the Arab royals seem to have been invited as well. I think it'd be great if both KA and QR attended the event, rather than just sending their representatives.

King Abdullah (R) speaks with Lebanese Prime Minister Fouad Siniora at the Royal Palace in Amman January 22, 2006

from reuters/yahoo

Attachments

• r2179167196.jpg
    r2179167196.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 203
Little_star said:
I know what you mean about Eid seeming closer together, Humera. It ust feels like one Eid is done and the next comes along!
hahaa reading this post reminds me of my best friend who's muslim. lol she kept mentioning how Eid was so close together and how too bad she wasn't going to get money on the second Eid lol

i know about that one. You always get the most money on the first eid:D

Queen joins Ministry of Education and Intel in honoring the three millionth teacher to complete training

Amman/Jan.22(Petra)-- Queen Rania joins Ministry of Education and Intel in honoring the three millionth teacher to complete training through 'Intel Teach to the Future' Highlighting the central role of teachers in introducing creativity and 21st century learning skills into the classroom, Her Majesty Queen Rania Al-Abdullah, on Sunday, attended an award ceremony held by Intel Corporation, in recognition of the three millionth teacher, Jordanian Bothayna ElHabahba, to have completed the "Intel Teach to the Future" training program worldwide.
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Jan/22/30140700.htm

Pictures from Petra

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom