King Abdullah & Queen Rania: Current News, Part 19

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
that's great very simple thoub, no jewels and simple makeup...lol guys do u think she reads the threads,:ROFLMAO: :rolleyes: I love the pic of her sitting on the floor like the family she visited...

Hey guys, I was searching the Jordanian forums (http://www.amman-dj.com/en-index.html & (Abu mahjoub forums ), and found a rare video clip (about 1.30 long) of KA's visit to the Restaurant hashem,lol,Haram KA he cudn't even have privacy while eating falafel! It looks like sm1 recorded it using a cell-phone,Ka didn't look comfortable,it looked like he spotted the guy then Prince Hussien turned his head to see what bothered KA,cuz KA said smthing to QR,I hate to be in their place, it isn't a good feeling, but yet I thought whoever recorded that short clip has gutts!lol

Is there a way of uploading it here or shall I put the URL instead?
http://www.mahjoob.com/ar/forums/showthread.php?t=95097 (u can find it here, but to those who cant speak arabic just click the second line of the first post it should highlight)
Ps:I also spotted Yousif Allan, their photographer,comming out of the restaurant when the king left,to take pics of him while leaving and heading to their cars.)

lil Monkey said:
that's great very simple thoub, no jewels and simple makeup...lol guys do u think she reads the threads,:ROFLMAO: :rolleyes: I love the pic of her sitting on the floor like the family she visited...
I agree with you Lil Monkey, she looks more beautiful and natural in this thoub, very appropriate for Ramadan. Maybe she does read the threads or sm1 does for her, anyway I think it works lol :flowers:

Oh my! What a lovely dress, I just love the pattern and detailing - she listens to you niki!

Even her earrings look different, unusual design, I presume that is a traditional dress by other posters comments?

I really like it when she wears traditional outfits just as much as I love to see her wearing a designer dress. It's great to see her in situations like that with her people. She has a fabulous smile, I think people respond to a smile like that how can they not? Thank you for showing those pictures, I wouldn't get to see them otherwise.

HEY LIL mONKEY. wATCHED THE CEL PHONE recording. Was interesting to watch. The King didn't look very relaxed. Not sure why nothing was done about it, or if the person was recording it wasn't asked to leave. Not sure if I would like someone to watching me eat. Thanks for sharing it with us.

What a lovely dress!! Does anyone know where they sell those type of traditional clothes and if they are expensive?

first to lil monkey, i love your compassion and what a passion you have for others, i always enjoy your posts thanks for all your contributions.
LOVE the dress, she always looks lovely, but i like her best in the traditional dresses, they are always so intricate and detailed, just amazing craftsmanship.
supergirl you might google (jordon+traditional crafts+dresses) i know there are sites for things made by women in villages (like pillows and things) using traditional methods supported by queen rania and if i'm not mistaken queen noor (think thats where i saw it on cnn interview)

Humera said:
Thanks for the pictures! very rare to see the royal family in a more personal and intimate setting. I guess they only brought along Prince Hussein with them.

KA looks like someone inflated him with a bicycle pump.

AL MANSHIEH — Her Majesty Queen Rania visited Al Manshieh village residents on Sunday to send a message of support and help alleviate poor living conditions in the area.

The Queen was accompanied by Fastlink CEO Saad Nasir to reinforce the idea of the private sector adhering to corporate responsibility in the country.
LINK

Amman, Oct. 7 (Petra)-- Her Majesty Queen Rania stressed the necessity of the need to distinguish between resistance and terrorism.

During an interview of the French Le Figaro newspaper which was issued on Saturday, the Queen said Lebanese Hezbollah or Hamas of Palestine can not be compared to Al-Qaeda, pointing out that the Al-Qaeda has exceeded all limits.
LINK

lil Monkey said:
Hey guys, I jsut found a pic of KA ,Prince hussien and QR while having Sohour last friaday at Hahshem's restaurant, it looks like sm1 took this pic using his/her phone, I cudn't tell who were those people with them,I cud see a women sitting next to QR and 2 men, but cudn't tell who they were.
(doesn't KA look cute giving Prince Hussien the falafel,lol )(the olives look good though!yummy,lol)
http://img140.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kainhashvh9.jpg

Thank you so much for these pictures, lil_monkey. They are lovely.
Thanks for the video clip as well. It's nice to see them enjoying a meal with their first-born!

Just out of interest, is sohour the same thing as sehri? I've never come across that spelling before and was hoping you could clarify it for me.
Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
yes could you clarify that. In Morocco, Sohour is the meal that we take early in the morning just before sunrise. This is why I was surprised to see the queen wearing make -up. I thought she had just woken up.

That's what I thought they meant by sohour as well, clymene. Is it common/popular to eat out at sehri time? I know of other muslim countires where people do but personally I couldn't manage it!

That's my favourite picture too Houri of her with the older lady smiling.

Really it's one of my favourites now I think of Rania.

Little_star said:
That's what I thought they meant by sohour as well, clymene. Is it common/popular to eat out at sehri time? I know of other muslim countires where people do but personally I couldn't manage it!

Little star, in Morocco it is not common at all to take sohour out in a restaurant. You just wake up very early, and take it at home with the other members of the family who fast ramadan.
But maybe Lil monkey can tell us more about the habits in jordan. Or maybe what she called "sohour" means the meal corresponding to dinner late at night...

Thank yo everyone, ur words are very nice, I am glad I managed to add smthing to the threads,I do my best,lol.
And Thanks bbb for ur kind words tooo :)
as for the SOhour, I think it's the same as Sehri, its a meal muslims have an hour or so before sunrise (it's a sunna) in Ramdan,but I think the King and qureen had it a bit early it was more like a late dinner,at about 12.30am,so that explains why she still had makeup on.
Supergirl,there are lots of places here in Jordan that sell Traditional thoubs,some modernized and some not,but modernized thoubs like the ones QR wears are more popular,some are expensive (which are handmade) and some aren't,it depends on the material and the embroider.
I got to take a look at those traditional crafts made by women of Bani hamidah or those sponsored by Jordan river Foundation, they weren't too expensive and they do sell their products world wide, I remember having some booklets ill look for them and if I found them I will send u the details (and to whoever is interested) by a PM.

tesaweer said:
I agree with you Lil Monkey, she looks more beautiful and natural in this thoub, very appropriate for Ramadan. Maybe she does read the threads or sm1 does for her, anyway I think it works lol :flowers:

LOL yea,I guess we should then watch what we say,:ROFLMAO: :rolleyes: ehhhm

Little_star said:
Thank you so much for these pictures, lil_monkey. They are lovely.
Thanks for the video clip as well. It's nice to see them enjoying a meal with their first-born!

Just out of interest, is sohour the same thing as sehri? I've never come across that spelling before and was hoping you could clarify it for me.
Thanks!
Little star,prince Hashem wasn't with them,it was orince hussien their eldest son, but I guess u got confused cuz I mentioned the name Hashem,well the restaurants name is Hashem ;) :flowers:

snowwhite said:
Oh my! What a lovely dress, I just love the pattern and detailing - she listens to you niki!

Even her earrings look different, unusual design, I presume that is a traditional dress by other posters comments?

I really like it when she wears traditional outfits just as much as I love to see her wearing a designer dress. It's great to see her in situations like that with her people. She has a fabulous smile, I think people respond to a smile like that how can they not? Thank you for showing those pictures, I wouldn't get to see them otherwise.

She looked beautiful and like the Jordanian queen she is.

lil Monkey said:
Thank yo everyone, ur words are very nice, I am glad I managed to add smthing to the threads,I do my best,lol.
And Thanks bbb for ur kind words tooo :)
as for the SOhour, I think it's the same as Sehri, its a meal muslims have an hour or so before sunrise (it's a sunna) in Ramdan,but I think the King and qureen had it a bit early it was more like a late dinner,at about 12.30am,so that explains why she still had makeup on.
Supergirl,there are lots of places here in Jordan that sell Traditional thoubs,some modernized and some not,but modernized thoubs like the ones QR wears are more popular,some are expensive (which are handmade) and some aren't,it depends on the material and the embroider.
I got to take a look at those traditional crafts made by women of Bani hamidah or those sponsored by Jordan river Foundation, they weren't too expensive and they do sell their products world wide, I remember having some booklets ill look for them and if I found them I will send u the details (and to whoever is interested) by a PM.

Ah ok, thanks, that makes sense. I sometimes have sehri at about 12am if I have a particularly early start the next day. It's cheating I know, but waking up everytime at 5am can be difficult.

I know, that some of the hotels and retaurants in Lahore and Karachi are open at sehri time, my cousin went along once and said it was surprisingly busy!

Tunisian singer Latifa held a special performance for charity under the patronage of her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah of Jordan, sponsored by the Jordan River Foundation.
LINK

lil Monkey said:
Little star,prince Hashem wasn't with them,it was orince hussien their eldest son, but I guess u got confused cuz I mentioned the name Hashem,well the restaurants name is Hashem ;) :flowers:
No I wasn't confused, I meant first born as in first born son. I guess we both got our wires crossed

Jerusalem, Israel (AHN) - Jordan's King Abdullah II plans to add a fifth minaret to the Muslim compound that sits atop Jerusalem's Temple Mount, according to a palace statement issue in Amman on Monday.
LINK

Little_star said:
Jerusalem,Occupied Palestine (AHN) - Jordan's King Abdullah II plans to add a fifth minaret to the Muslim compound that sits atop Jerusalem's Temple Mount, according to a palace statement issue in Amman on Monday.
LINK
Yea , this wud be KA first time, KH rebuilt parts of Al-Aqsa Mosque three times.:flowers:

Israel allowed to KA adding the minaret on the mosque?as now it's a part of Jerusalem which is considered the capital of Israel,and not a part of the occupied terretories,like in Gaza or Westbank.

TamaraKhan said:
Israel allowed to KA adding the minaret on the mosque?as now it's a part of Jerusalem which is considered the capital of Israel,and not a part of the occupied terretories,like in Gaza or Westbank.

Jordan retains the custodianship over the Muslim holy sites in Jerusalem.

In the 1994 peace treaty with Jordan Israel accepted to respect "the present special role of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan in Muslim Holy shrines in Jerusalem" (Article 9).

http://www.kinghussein.gov.jo/peacetreaty.html

Over the years Jordan has carried out repair and renovation work at the compound, including the reconstruction of the Dome of the Rock's interior and the renovation of the dome itself. In 2004, it launched the first major restoration in four centuries of the ancient walls of Al-Aqsa.

http://www.middle-east-online.com/english/?id=17801

Last edited:
Veram98 said:
Jordan retains the custodianship over the Muslim holy sites in Jerusalem.

In the 1994 peace treaty with Jordan Israel accepted to respect "the present special role of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan in Muslim Holy shrines in Jerusalem" (Article 9).

http://www.kinghussein.gov.jo/peacetreaty.html

Over the years Jordan has carried out repair and renovation work at the compound, including the reconstruction of the Dome of the Rock's interior and the renovation of the dome itself. In 2004, it launched the first major restoration in four centuries of the ancient walls of Al-Aqsa.

http://www.middle-east-online.com/english/?id=17801

I understund that,as in 1994 ,east Jerusalem was considered a part of the occupied territories,but I meant since then there's some changes as Israel proclamed whole Jerusalem as a Capital on 2000 and it was voted on 2002.

TamaraKhan said:
I understund that,as in 1994 ,east Jerusalem was considered a part of the occupied territories,but I meant since then there's some changes as Israel proclamed whole Jerusalem as a Capital on 2000 and it was voted on 2002.

This didn't change the peace treaty and Jordan's religious administration of the Haram al-Sharif mosque compound.

The following article of 2004 says something on the subject:

http://www.jcpa.org/brief/brief3-31.htm

The Jordanian authorities have been since 2004 in contact with their Israeli counterparts to pave the way for the building of a fifth minaret for the al-Aqsa mosque. Obviously they got their approval.

Thank you for your links, Veram98, I wasn't aware of Jordan's responsbility for the holy sites. I had wondered when I saw the article online, the authority Jordan had for making such an announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom