King Abdullah & Queen Rania: Current News, Part 19

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lil Monkey said:
Hey guys, I jsut found a pic of KA ,Prince hussien and QR while having Sohour last friaday at Hahshem's restaurant, it looks like sm1 took this pic using his/her phone, I cudn't tell who were those people with them,I cud see a women sitting next to QR and 2 men, but cudn't tell who they were.
(doesn't KA look cute giving Prince Hussien the falafel,lol )(the olives look good though!yummy,lol)

(more from Alrai newspaper)

I love these pictures lil monkey.
The olives look good indeed.
I love the way the king is greeting people around him.
The queen is wearing making-up for sohour!!! I can't believe that! She has the time to do it even this early in the morning!!

clymène said:
The queen is wearing making-up for sohour!!! I can't believe that! She has the time to do it even this early in the morning!!

I think it would be difficult for Rania to go out in public w/o make-up. People would talk about her...can you just imagin. I know people on this thread would talk the talk about her. lol

snowwhite said:
She looks very elegant and pretty sitting at the table at the Women's Forum in Deauville.

I also like to see Rania and Abdullah in an informal setting when they were eating together, like a normal family.

I wonder where they are exactly? Did they just turn up at some local restaurant or was it a more orchestrated thing? Where would there bodyguards be I wonder?

Rania looks as elegant as ever, her hair certainly is long. Abdullah looks more scuffy!
I guess u don't read all the msgs in the thread ;) I said where they were and I gave some details too in a previous post I guess its on the previous page.:ROFLMAO: as for the bodyguards, I guess the table behind them and those men standing by them are their bodyguards..

clymène said:
It wasn't very late Clymene,they had it at about 12 or a bit later...so she probably have'nt removed the make-up yet ;)

it looks like they are surrounded by bodyguards. dressed casually but seated behind them (see how they've stood up when the man's approaching the table) of course the men standing in front of the table. don't know if the ones standing on chairs are onlookers are guards but they look well protected thank goodness, i love seeing them out as a "normal" family i mean how normal is it to travel with at least 8 big men. thanks so much for the photos

fanletizia said:
Queen Rania Al-Abdullah (R) talks to Women's Forum Founder and President Aude Zieseniss de Thuin at the opening dinner of the Women's Forum for Economy and Society in Deauville, October 5, 2006

From Petra:

Queen Rania Participates in Women's Forum for the Economy and Society in France

Deauville, France, Oct. 6 (Petra) -- Her Majesty Queen Rania Al-Abdullah urged attendants from the corporate world, public sector, and civil society to start a trend of multicultural responsibility and replace a growing culture of fear and suspicion around the world with a revolution of acceptance and hope.

http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Oct/06/24000.htm

Pictures:

http://img15.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=45699_16109I_123_363lo.jpghttp://img108.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=45704_16110I_123_327lo.jpghttp://img103.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=45715_16111I_123_572lo.jpg

Last edited:
From Petra:

King Performs Friday Prayer

Amman, Oct. 6 (Petra) -- His Majesty King Abdullah II joined worshippers in performing Friday prayer at King Hussein Ben Talal Mosque in Amman.

http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Oct/06/23000.htm

Pictures:

Prince Hussein was also there :) ...

Last edited:
I saw a lot of pictures of Queen Rania the last time. I think She did a good make up for Ramadan.

Last edited:
Joumana said:
It s clear that The Queen loves red olives.

Or that she likes green olives more...depends on how you look at it. She could have been eating the green olives and that's why there are more black olives left. lol

Sorry lil monkey I missed your post, thanks for explaining. :blush: I guess for them this is as "normal" as it gets being surrounded by bodyguards.

And I agree with niki, I think it would be difficult for Rania to go outside anywhere without any make up on, people would talk. Although I have seen pictures with her face bare (she was in mourning I think) and she looked pale but still very beautiful.

She looks very elegant at the conference in Deauville, I love her outfit, her skirt looks very different. And I love the way she has tied her hair back simply like that, it shows off her face and her earrings are to die for! She always wears very lovely jewellery - she knows just what suits her, nothing too large or "bling bling" as they say.

asturiana said:
From Petra:

King and Queen visit an orphanage

Amman, 02 Oct. (Petra)—Their Majesties King Abdullah II an Queen Rania on Monday visited Orphans Care Society in Wadi Es-Seer, where they spent some after noon hours among those who need more tender and compassion...

http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Oct/02/213000.htm

Pictures:

I'm sorry, but I've tried for a couple of days to take this image out of my mind. I have heard people on this thread break Rania down on her clothes and spending and I've read them and never really thought anything of it because she is a queen and she has a certain image to up hold...and her image is an important part of who she is.

I understand all that. But what in God's name is she thinking!!!! I can't in words express how utterly disgusted I am at the monent with her.

When a queen or any royal person for that matter visits an orphanage it should be about the kids and not about her clothes...look at her outfit. It's gorgous and so out of place and SO expensive! Why couldn't she have worn something more humble for this outing? Did she really need to wear her designer duds for a visit like this one? A simple thoub would have been perfect. She seems so stand-offish. Where's the warmth in her eyes and face. She seems to hide behind her clothes.

She looks beautiful and very well dressed...but this visit should have been about so much more than that, and I think that she made a HUGE mistake here.

lil Monkey said:
Hey guys, I jsut found a pic of KA ,Prince hussien and QR while having Sohour last friaday at Hahshem's restaurant, it looks like sm1 took this pic using his/her phone, I cudn't tell who were those people with them,I cud see a women sitting next to QR and 2 men, but cudn't tell who they were.
(doesn't KA look cute giving Prince Hussien the falafel,lol )(the olives look good though!yummy,lol)

(more from Alrai newspaper)
why they can't go anywhere without taking wiyh them photographs:sad:

As a non-Jordanian I probably shouldn't comment re: Rania's dress in the upper set of photos but I don't see anything wrong with her looking nice and wearing dressy clothes in public, even on visits to hospitals, orphanages, etc. She is the Queen after all, and I think wherever she goes she is expected to be nicely dressed to meet the public. Now if she showed up in an expensive designer ball gown with full tiara and jewels ,that might be a bit too much, but whenever I see photos of her on public duties I always think she looks very well dressed, well-groomed, very fashionable without being over the top. She seems to emulate a professional executive-level lady in the USA who wants to project a solid presentable image. Just my opinion but I don't see anything disgraceful with her attire in these pictures.

niki i'm not sure i understand your point on her outfit, it looks like a nice skirt and sweater set, not expensive or showy imo. very simple jewelry all together very understated. she's dressed like most women in the workplace, alot of secretaries wear a version of this outfit everyday and no one thinks they are showing off or even very stylish. i mean no disrespect just my opinion.

I think she looks very nice not over dressed very tasteful. I don't understand why what she is doing is not talked about I don't think the people she visited cared what she wore just that she came.

seto said:
I think she looks very nice not over dressed very tasteful. I don't understand why what she is doing is not talked about I don't think the people she visited cared what she wore just that she came.
Maybe because she is not (doing) much, just talking here, there and everywhere and visiting places, but what are the results of these visits? nothing really, what did these little orphans get from the royal visit, few plastic schoolbags or were these the royal gifts for the unfortunate poor students in some village school. People want to see things change for real in Jordan and not just talking in the foreign media about how things are improving there whereas in reality they're not, the jordanians are so nice and charming and they deserve much more, I was in Jordan few weeks ago and I know what am talking about.

I honestly cannot understand what is so distressing about the pictures of what she is wearing to that orphanage.

There is in fact another picture of her that I've seen somewhere where she is smiling broadly and about to extend her hands out in a greeting, she looks warm, friendly and pleased to be there.

As for her outfit (the top especially) - I did not even wonder if it was designer or not, I thought it was very unusual in design and looked pretty. She looks her usual self, smart but not too overdressed for this occasion, would the children have thought more of her if she had dressed in sackcloth? I doubt they cared.

Royals often make many visits to places such as these, how do we know that her visiting that orphanage did nothing to help? Can we say that for certain? If a visit gives people there pleasure for one day even, is that a bad thing? As Rania is not apparently doing any good going to these places then if she stopped going would she then look better? What is expected of her as Queen, it's her husband who has the power to make changes surely not Rania? She can only do what she can, speak out when appropriate and make trips like this to orphanages and towns to show that the royal family is trying to show care for the people - how good a job they are doing I have no idea as I am not from Jordan.

At least she tries, she is just a human being, she is not perfect, you can't attribute all the ills of Jordan on to her just as surely you can't attribute all the good things that happen either.

When a queen or any royal person for that matter visits an orphanage it should be about the kids and not about her clothes...look at her outfit. It's gorgous and so out of place and SO expensive! Why couldn't she have worn something more humble for this outing? Did she really need to wear her designer duds for a visit like this one?

Usually it's taken as a mark of respect for people to wear nice clothes when they visit others unless they're very close friends. This episode reminds me of the famous remark by Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother, when she was Queen Consort during the second world war and visited bombed-out areas of working-class London with the King; someone asked her why she dressed up in her nice pastel dresses and high-heeled shoes and pearl necklaces and feathery hat to visit a bunch of dock workers and truck drivers in the wreckage of their houses, rather than wearing a simple dark dress, and she responded "They would wear their best dresses if they were coming to see me."

It's not that I think she's over dressed, I think some of you are correct in saying that she's dressed in a very proffesional manner, but I wouldn't go as far as saying that a secratary would dress the way she does unless she's a very well paid secratry hehehe.

All I'm saying is that if you add up all the $ the outfit costs it is just not appropriate for such a venue. That's all. I like that Rania always looks beautiful and well dress--I like that she cares about her appearence because she does represent Jordanian women...but it would be nice if she dressed in a more humble manner for certain engagements that all.

Moon quoted it best:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon
Rania is elegant, this is really true..but her elegance is at the expenses of the people of jordan (jordan is with no good resources, is in unstable region and is poor). So, her elegance does not have a meaning for me at least..It is a selfish elegance that has some ethical implications WHEREAS Letizia, she is dressed within the money allocated to her. She can't go beyond that as Spain is more democratic country than Jordan and her spending is more audited than the one of Rania. the king in jordan has absolute power not like the king in spain..and this has alot of implications in terms of money allocations and how this money is monitered

===> Although Rania is really elegant, I am not impressed by elegance when it is at the expense of others. One can't just enjoy the style and elegance of queens/kings & princesses/princes without the full picture...

Am a jordanian , and i know for sure that her majesty do her best ...
she doesn't have a magic stick you know that turns everything green or makes all work out ....some long term projects needs time , and there are many families and villages that is benifiting from these projects and efforts ...it might be slow but it is better than doing nothing ..at least it is better than it was 15 years ago ...

You visited Jordan for a while ..i lived here and still for 29 years ..did you manage to roam the kingdom villages or poverty pockets ? did you visit any place that the queen or king efforts to lift up are taking place in?
tesaweer said:
Maybe because she is not (doing) much, just talking here, there and everywhere and visiting places, but what are the results of these visits? nothing really, what did these little orphans get from the royal visit, few plastic schoolbags or were these the royal gifts for the unfortunate poor students in some village school. People want to see things change for real in Jordan and not just talking in the foreign media about how things are improving there whereas in reality they're not, the jordanians are so nice and charming and they deserve much more, I was in Jordan few weeks ago and I know what am talking about.

Last edited:
salwa said:
Am a jordanian , and i know for sure that her majesty do her best ...
she doesn't have a magic stick you know that turns everything green or makes all work out ....some long term projects needs time , and there are many families and villages that is benifiting from these projects and efforts ...it might be slow but it is better than doing nothing ..at least it is better than it was 15 years ago ...

You visited Jordan for a while ..i lived here and still for 29 years ..did you manage to roam the kingdom villages or poverty pockets ? did you visit any place that the queen or king efforts to lift up are taking place in?

did u do that Salwa? did u go see those places? Poverty is horrible,I have seen and heard too many stories that make me hate the fact that I can eat and buy whatever I want and alot of people spend days with no food. the hotels alone here in Jordan (just like any pther place) throw away tons of food weekly, y can't anything be done, y can't the Government sign a contract with those hotels/restaurants to take whatever's left (which most of it is not even touched!!),or lets say buy it for the lowest prices and give it to the poor? the bread they throw away every week can keep a family alive for weeks of not months!I have thought of getting my father into doing that but he told me it isn't as simple as I think,I still can't understand what's so hard about not throwing away food but giving it to the poor instead?
I am not saying that we should give the poor our leftovers,oh NO!not at ALL that would make me sound like marry Antoinette!! but what I meant and everybody knows that some food isn't even touched and restaurants/hotels have to throw away all the excess whether good or not,so why not make some use out of it??
Iam not sure if this is off topic, but as the King and Queen are trying to tackle the poverty issues I thought this would be helpful,I am sure alot of people thought of doing that,and as far as I heard the US tried to do so (they thought of sending all the excess milk to India but it didn't work cuz the trip was too long and they cudn't keep the milk fresh or even good for humen intake),but Jordan is a very small country and such an Iea would make so much difference, I swear!

Please, avoid the discussion of Queen Rania's dress and/or the poverty, orphans or politics in Jordan.
While all these are very important topics, they don't have anything to do with the King and Queen's Current Events.

If you want to tell/explain something to another member, please do it via private messaging.

All further posts about this topic will be deleted.

Thank you for co-operation.

Last edited:
Thank´s Asturiana

Beautiful dress!!

Beautiful dress, beautiful colours!!!
I like the way she sits down on the floor like every other, she often does that when she is touring small jordanian villages.

I also agree with some members, Queen Rania's dress is wonderful :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom