King Abdullah & Queen Rania: Current Events Part 23

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Queen looks great in the black dress and as usual she looks great in everything. Love her hair..Looks like she added more Highlights.....Wish I could grow my hair that long and make it look great all the time. Thanks for the photos....

Amman, May 16, (Petra) Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah on Wednesday commended Jordanian and Arab women for correcting misperceptions and showcasing the multifaceted realities of Arab women at the International Women's Forum (IWF) cornerstone conference, “Building Bridges, Breaking Walls”, currently held in Amman.

"You are some of the Arab world's finest ambassadors," she said to the largest ever IWF gathering, "As you go about your daily meetings, your international phone calls, and your global travel, you are dispelling myths, correcting misperceptions, and showcasing the multifaceted realities of Arab women."
LINK

Photos:
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/Royalty/2506I.jpg
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/Royalty/2507I.jpg
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/Royalty/2508I.jpg
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/Royalty/2509I.jpg
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/Royalty/2510I.jpg

Salvadorean President Elias Antonio Saca (R) and Jordan's King Abdullah II (L) review the honor guard upon the former's arrival at Bassman Palace in Amman, 17 May 2007. Saca, who will attend the G11 summit on the sidelines of the World Economic Forum, arrived for talks with the Jordanian monarch on bilateral relations

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

fanletizia said:
Salvadorean President Elias Antonio Saca (R) and Jordan's King Abdullah II (L) review the honor guard upon the former's arrival at Bassman Palace in Amman, 17 May 2007. Saca, who will attend the G11 summit on the sidelines of the World Economic Forum, arrived for talks with the Jordanian monarch on bilateral relations

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
more from ANP

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

fanletizia said:

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Petra Pictures:

http://www.supload.us/free/2541I-20070517151735.jpg/view/

http://www.supload.us/free/2542I.jpg/view/

http://www.supload.us/free/2546I.jpg/view/

http://www.supload.us/free/2543I.jpg/view/

Sri Sri Ravi Shankar to visit Iraq........

Ravi Shankar will first travel to Jordan during his three-day visit and meet King Abdullah and Queen Rania Al Abdullah.
LINK
Interesting....

Four prominent women in this city had a chance to hang out with the queen of Jordan. ..........

The group was former San Antonio City Manager Terry Brechtel; attorney Jane Macon; artist and philanthropist Patricia Pratchett; and philanthropist and volunteer Pat Smothers
LINK

This is just a reminder that events which involve King Abdullah and Queen Rania as well as other members of the Jordanian Royal Family are covered in the Royal Family of Jordan - Current Events thread.

Pictures from the recent Jordanian International Rally and the Faisali football match are posted in that thread.

Jordanian Forum Moderating Team
Avalon, Humera, Zonk

It's OT, but it's a story about "Queen Rania", so for a bit of fun i thought I'd post it!

The Padmanabh-trained Queen Rania fought it out with Star Summit and won by a very narrow margin.
LINK

22 May 2007 - Jordan's King Abdullah II is expected to visit Georgia in mid-June to further boost ties between the two countries, the Georgian president’s press office reported on May 21.
LINK

Last edited by a moderator:
Jordan's Queen Rania visits the kingdom's first interactive children's museum in Amman May 22, 2007.
Pictures from yahoo.

Queen launches 2nd phase of Qudorat programme

Her Majesty Queen Rania on Tuesday launched the second phase of the Qudorat programme, a successful project that has created around 425 job opportunities in various sectors. Article from menafn.com.

(MENAFN - Jordan Times) AMMAN ? Youngsters in the country's more remote areas will soon have access to more than half a million books, children's magazines, short stories and educational games, thanks to a mobile library that will be up and running next month.

The library will tour remote parts of the Kingdom such as Al Jafer, Wadi Araba, the badia and desert areas, Minister of Culture Adel Twesi said yesterday at the signing of the agreement to launch the initiative.

The launch will take place under the patronage of Her Majesty Queen Rania, he said.
LINK

Jordan’s Queen Rania issues UNICEF’s worldwide call to action to aid Iraqi children

. . . The call was launched by Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah, UNICEF’s first ever Eminent Advocate for Children, in Amman, Jordan.

“This is a critical moment for children caught in the violence,” said Queen Rania. “Last week, children became this year’s first victims of cholera in Iraq, and we dread a major outbreak of this disease in the heat of summer. Less than 30% of Iraqi children have access to a glass of safe drinking water. And insecurity in many areas makes it increasingly perilous to even try to reach health services. Up to one in ten Iraqis is suffering from acute malnutrition.” UNICEF press release

Jordan's Queen Rania a UNICEF representative for children gives a press statement on critical aid needs for the children of Iraq, at the UNICEF house in Amman, Jordan, Wednesday, May 23, 2007. UNICEF is seeking to ensure that the millions of children directly affected by war receive essential services and the possibility of continuing their education. (AP Photo/Nader Daoud)

Last edited:
Humera said:
Jordan’s Queen Rania issues UNICEF’s worldwide call to action to aid Iraqi children

. . . The call was launched by Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah, UNICEF’s first ever Eminent Advocate for Children, in Amman, Jordan.

“This is a critical moment for children caught in the violence,” said Queen Rania. “Last week, children became this year’s first victims of cholera in Iraq, and we dread a major outbreak of this disease in the heat of summer. Less than 30% of Iraqi children have access to a glass of safe drinking water. And insecurity in many areas makes it increasingly perilous to even try to reach health services. Up to one in ten Iraqis is suffering from acute malnutrition.” UNICEF press release

Jordan's Queen Rania a UNICEF representative for children gives a press statement on critical aid needs for the children of Iraq, at the UNICEF house in Amman, Jordan, Wednesday, May 23, 2007. UNICEF is seeking to ensure that the millions of children directly affected by war receive essential services and the possibility of continuing their education. (AP Photo/Nader Daoud)

POLFOTO Pictures of the same event:

http://www.supload.us/free/6207294_POLFOTO.jpg/view/

http://www.supload.us/free/6207308_POLFOTO.jpg/view/

Humera said:

This is such an important humanitarian issue that the world is doing nothing about.

Queen Rania is on of the sexiest women over 35 as judged by the editors at MSN Lifestyle.
Slideshow - MSN Lifestyle: Men
documentid=4879931&imageindex=11

What she is going to think when she read that!!!!!!!

AMMAN - The Jewel that is Jordan’ classic car tour participants gathered in Petra to show their support for the rose red city’s well deserved bid to become one of the New Seven Wonders of the World..........

Queen Rania Al-Abdullah attended a dinner banquet held by the ‘Jewel that is Jordan’ and the Classic Car Committee of the Royal Automobile Club of Jordan in support of Al-Aman Fund for the Future of Orphans.
LINK

Dubai: For the first time in Jordan, a woman has been appointed to head a court and will lead a team of judges, Jordanian media announced yesterday.......

The decision comes after Queen Rania's meeting with the 32 female judges working at local courts on Women's Day, which was aimed at encouraging Jordanian women to work in the judicial field.
Gulfnews: First woman appointed court head in Jordan

asturiana said:
I think, she didn't attend, because of the election in Syria.

Ahh. Ok, that makes sense! Thank you for your answer.

Vanity Fair uses 20 covers for Africa issue

How cool is this?
Vanity Fair editor Graydon Carter and guest editor Bono are publishing Vanity Fair's special Africa issue with an unprecedented 20 covers featuring Muhammad Ali, Maya Angelou, Warren Buffett, George W. Bush, Don Cheadle, George Clooney, Bill and Melinda Gates, Djimon Hounsou, Iman, Jay-Z, Alicia Keys, Madonna, Barack Obama, Brad Pitt, Queen Rania of Jordan, Condoleezza Rice, Chris Rock, Desmond Tutu, Oprah Winfrey, and Bono, all shot by Annie Leibovitz. (Article from freep.com)

Queen Rania with Muhammad Ali:
July 2007: The Africa Covers: Politics & Power: vanityfair.com

and Bono:
July 2007: The Africa Covers: Politics & Power: vanityfair.com

Video :flowers:: Video: The Africa-Issue Cover Shoots: The Magazine: vanityfair.com

Last edited:
Amman, Jun. 5 (Petra) Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah on Tuesday joined businesswomen from five Arab countries in launching the national and regional reports on businesswomen-features, contributions and challenges.

The launching of the reports reflects the true partnership between the research centers and businesswomen organizations in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region.
News

Photos
ãÚÑÖ ÇáÕæÑ

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom