King Abdullah & Queen Rania: Current Events Part 23

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Double UN honour for Shaikha Fatima
By Nada S. Mussallam

23 April 2007

ABU DHABI — The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and the United Nations Development Fund for Women (UNIFEM) yesterday honoured Shaikha Fatima bint Mubarak, Mother of the Nation, with certificates of appreciation for her continuous support to women’s empowerment in the UAE.

The certificates were presented to Shaikha Fatima by representatives from the UN organisations during a grand ceremony organised by Zayed University (ZU) at the Emirates Palace. Queen Rania of Jordan and Princess Lalla Hasna of Morocco also attended the ceremony.
Khaleej Times Online - Double UN honour for Shaikha Fatima

Last edited by a moderator:
jordan said:
Double UN honour for Shaikha Fatima
Shaikha Fatima is the mother of S.Mohammed bin Zaied crown prince of abu Dhabi one of KAs best friends.

King receives former Iraqi President
News

King congratulates King of Malaysia

. . . Tuanku Mizan Zainal Abidin, 45, was installed on Thursday, April 25, 2007, during a ceremony at the national palace in the capital Kuala Lumpur. Petra

For more on the installation of the new Malaysian king, visit this thread.

UN Global Road Safety Week Launched

Amman, April 28 (Petra) – Under the patronage of Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah, the UN organizations in Jordan launched the UN First Global Road Safety Week by announcing recommendations of a workshop entitled “Youth Drivers” held early this week. Petra

King Abdullah II opens ARAMEX's Unleashing Arab Innovation conference in Jordan

His Majesty King Abdullah II on Monday inaugurated ARAMEX International's annual conference entitled 'Unleashing Arab Innovation' held in the Dead Sea, Jordan to celebrate the company's 25th anniversary. (from ameinfo.com)

Queen Rania in Dublin

U2 frontman Bono arrives with the Jordan's Queen Rania, for the 2007 Front Line Award for Human Rights Defenders at Risk presentation ceremony at City Hall, Dublin, Tuesday May 1, 2007. (from yahoo news)

Gettyimages has more pictures...

asturiana said:
King Abdullah II opens ARAMEX's Unleashing Arab Innovation conference in Jordan

His Majesty King Abdullah II on Monday inaugurated ARAMEX International's annual conference entitled 'Unleashing Arab Innovation' held in the Dead Sea, Jordan to celebrate the company's 25th anniversary. (from ameinfo.com)

Petra pictures:

http://www.supload.us/free/30_APRIL.jpg/view/

http://www.supload.us/free/2052I-20070501164333.jpg/view/

asturiana said:
Queen Rania in Dublin

U2 frontman Bono arrives with the Jordan's Queen Rania, for the 2007 Front Line Award for Human Rights Defenders at Risk presentation ceremony at City Hall, Dublin, Tuesday May 1, 2007. (from yahoo news)

Gettyimages has more pictures...

Pictures from Isifa
http://new2.isifa.com/result_ed.php?search_id=1242572

U.S. Vice President Dick Cheney is due to visit the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, and Jordan on May 8-14, the White House announced Thursday
LINK

Amman, May 3 (Petra)—His Majesty King Abdullah II on Thursday stressed the creation of an independent Palestinian state on the Palestinian soil constitutes top priority for Jordan as it is for the Palestinian people.
LINK

Amman, May 7 (Petra) – His Majesty King Abdullah II on Monday sent a cable to French President Nicolas Sarkozy congratulating him in his name and on the behalf of the Jordanian people and government over electing him as President of France
LINK

King condoles Kenyan President on victims of plane crash
LINK

AMMAN - A German parliamentary delegation conferred with Jordan's King Abdullah II on Sunday on means of reviving the stalled Israeli-Arab peace process, according to an official statement.
LINK

King Arrives in Riyadh
LINK

King Returns Home
LINK

Amman, May 7 (Petra)-- His Majesty King Abdullah II surprised patients and doctors when he paid a visit to the Zarqa public Hospital on Monday, during which he ordered the immediate start of establishing the new Zarqa Hospital.
King Abdullah criticized the delay in establishing the new hospital for 3 years after he had granted 112,000sqm land for the project.
Unexpectedly, the King walked into the emergency room, where he stressed the necessity of meeting the hospital’s demands till the new hospital stands in
LINK

The Queen Rania Center for Entrepreneurship (QRCE) has been selected as one of the best practitioners in the Mediterranean (MEDA) region in the field of entrepreneurship development training.
LINK

AMMAN -- Jordan confirmed Tuesday that Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert will meet King Abdullah II next week at a gathering of Nobel laureates but said that he had been invited by the event's organizers
LINK

Amman, May 8, (Petra) His Majesty King Abdullah II underlined the necessity to give top priority to improving the health sector and address problems that may impede offering good health services to all citizens.
LINK

King visits Army Headquarters and PSD
LINK

Jordan king warns of war if Arab plan fails
LINK

(MENAFN - Jordan Times) AMMAN ? A science fund to support scientific projects and research in the region will be launched at the upcoming conference of Nobel laureates in Petra, a senior official said on Wednesday.
LINK

Amman, May 9 (Petra) His Majesty King Abdullah II affirmed that it is premature to talk about confederation or federation with the Palestinians before the establishment of an independent Palestinian state and we have no desire to talk about it .
LINK

For the complete interview see the following link:
LINK

Women leaders attempt to bridge East-West cultural divide

Around 500 female scholars and business leaders from different parts of the world will meet in Amman next week to dispel deepening misconceptions between the East and the West.

Held under the theme: "Building Bridges - Breaking Walls" and organised by the International Women's Forum (IWF) Jordan chapter, the event aims to expand understanding to enhance the prospects of a more sustainable future, the forum's president, Reem Abu Hassan, told a press conference on Tuesday.

. . . Her Majesty Queen Rania, the honorary president of IWF Jordan, will act as patron of the three-day event, which starts on May 14 at the Grand Hyatt Hotel. MENA FN

King Abdullah II of Jordan and his wife Queen Rania visited the Jordan International Rally, at the Dead Sea, Jordan, Saturday, May 12, 2007. Prince Hashem is held by the King: Picture from yahoonews

There are more beautiful pictures on gettyimages.com
PHashim has grown up and changed a lot! QRania was looking really good in casual jeans and summer blouse+Tshirt.:rolleyes:

Jordanian King, Abdullah II, postponed Sunday a due vivit to Ramallah, where he was supposed to discuss peace efforts with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas, a presidency spokesperson stated.
LINK

Amman - US Vice President Dick Cheney arrived at Jordan's Red Sea port of Aqaba Sunday on the final leg of a Middle East tour
LINK

asturiana said:
King Abdullah II of Jordan and his wife Queen Rania visited the Jordan International Rally, at the Dead Sea, Jordan, Saturday, May 12, 2007. Prince Hashem is held by the King: Picture from yahoonews

Wow, Prince Hashem has really grown up a lot! His hair has gotten darker. Were any of the other children with them, or was it just Hashem?

This week is going to be a very busy week for the King and Queen.

14-16 May IWF Event in Amman patronised by Queen Rania

15 May Petra Nobel Laureates Conference, I assume it will be attended by
the King and Queen

18-20 May WEF in the Dead Sea, again I think it will be attended by both the King and Queen

Little_star said:
Amman - US Vice President Dick Cheney arrived at Jordan's Red Sea port of Aqaba Sunday on the final leg of a Middle East tour
LINK

Cheney meets Jordan king on Mideast tour

AQABA, Jordan (AFP) - Jordan's King Abdullah II on Monday urged visiting US Vice President Dick Cheney to help revive the stalled Middle East peace process during talks also focused on Iraq and Iran. (article with picture from yahoo news)

Queen calls for expansion of internship programmes

AMMAN — Her Majesty Queen Rania on Monday encouraged the Business Development Centre (BDC) in Sweifieh to expand its programmes, which are creating job opportunities for fresh graduates and enhancing competitiveness for small and medium enterprises (SMEs).
“I hope that the private sector will reap the benefits of these programmes and I would like to see them implemented in more governorates,” the Queen said during a visit to the centre yesterday, where she was briefed on its contribution to economic development and discussed the programmes’ efficiency with its participants.
LINK

Queen Rania visited the Business Development Centre (14/05/2007)
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2419I.jpg
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2420I.jpg
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2421I.jpg
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2422I.jpg

King Abdullah visited the military in the South (14/05/2007)
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2423I.jpg
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2424I.jpg

Last edited:
acdc1 said:
Wow, Prince Hashem has really grown up a lot! His hair has gotten darker. Were any of the other children with them, or was it just Hashem?

He does look very grown up doesn't he? But then all babies do, which seems like such a pity sometimes.

You'll find all the pics from the rally in the Royal Family of Jordan thread (post 42).

King Abdellah will go to Morocco this Thursday for 3 days , i read it in a moroccan news paper that is a state visit

Amira said:
King Abdellah will go to Morocco this Thursday for 3 days , i read it in a moroccan news paper that is a state visit
I think it's the Saudi king not the jordanian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom