King Abdullah & Queen Rania Current Events 27: March 18 -June 1, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sharm Al Sheikh, May 18 (Petra) – His Majesty King Abdullah II affirmed that the future of Middle East starts by lifting the shadow of catastrophe and that celebrations of independence will remain hollow while lasting peace is still denied because of unhealed wrongs.

King Abdullah made his remarks in the opening session of the World Economic Forum on the Middle East, which kicked start today in the Red Sea resort of Sharm el Sheikh.
http://petra.gov.jo/Artical.aspx?Lng=1&Section=1&Artical=38238

Sharm Al Sheikh, May 18 (Petra) – His Majesty King Abdullah II discussed with Founder and Executive Chairman of the World Economic Forum Professor Klaus Schwab....

King Abdullah met with Kazakh president Nursultan Nazarbayev
Jordan News Agency - Petra - King meets Schwab, Kazakh President

Amman, May 18 (Petra) – His Majesty King Abdullah II arrived back in Amman on Sunday after taking part in the opening session of the World Economic Forum on the Middle East, which kicked off in the Egyptian Red Sea resort of Sharm Al Sheikh.
Jordan News Agency - Petra - King returns home

Here is an article relating to the Video posted above by Little_Star

Are you ready to shape the world?

....Queen Rania Al Abdullah of Jordan recently launched her presence on YouTube with a message to the world’s young people, asking them to join in a global dialogue to recognise commonalities and dismantle stereotypes of Muslims and the Arab world.
... - Full Article

Has Rania actually attended the Google conference? I have seen pictures of Gordon Brown so far but not her.

I haven't seen any photos yet but the conference has received very little media coverage at all.

Queen Rania at Zeitgeist 2008
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/Royalty%202/News-38580.jpg

London, May 19, (Petra)-- Amongst Google executives and many other dot com heavyweights, Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah spoke passionately about the need to utilize the web in bridging the divide between East and West, at the third annual Google Zeitgeist forum, Monday.

For the first time since launching her YouTube channel dedicated to this end, Queen Rania also spoke about the origins of the idea and how it is working and why virtual communities need to pay more attention to the Arab world.
http://petra.gov.jo/Artical.aspx?Lng=1&Section=1&Artical=38574

Last edited:
Here is another picture of Rania at the forum. Nice to see Rania attending something like this, also found her speech or what she had to say quite interesting.

someone know if she will attend the World Economic Forum in Sharm El Sheikh,i know she attend it every year.

She may put in an appearance at the WEF tomorrow. The King has already made his appearance.

King abdullah and queen rania was in malaysia last week. I saw their private jet at Kuala Lumpur International Airport and our local newspaper mentioned that they had a meeting with our Prime Minister at Kuala Lumpur. Their program as scheduled here e-Press

King abdullah and queen rania was in malaysia last week. I saw their private jet at Kuala Lumpur International Airport and our local newspaper mentioned that they had a meeting with our Prime Minister at Kuala Lumpur. Their program as scheduled here e-Press

There is a thread on their visit with all their activities, Articles & Pictures, click here

Several political posts have been deleted. Please remember that comments of a political nature are against the Forums' rules, so is carrying over discussions and disagreements from other forums, blogs etc. to TRF.

Members who have trouble following these guidelines will find their posts deleted without warning.

Humera
Jordanian Forum Moderator

Relief materials from Jordan arrive in southwest China.....

The donation was offered at the order of King Abdullah II Bin Al-Hussein, said the Ministry.
CCTV International

WASHINGTON — Sen. Edward Kennedy, D-Mass., the liberal icon who has spent more than four decades at the forefront of social change efforts in Congress, has been diagnosed with a cancerous brain tumor, physicians at Boston's Massachusetts General Hospital said Tuesday.......

Good wishes were conveyed by the presidential candidates. Hundreds of phone calls, 19 bouquets and more than 2,500 e-mails reached Kennedy's office. King Abdullah II of Jordan sent an orchid.
Malignant tumor strikes Kennedy - The Denver Post

Acording to this website orchids symbolise strength
Orchid Flower Meaning & Symbolism | Orchid Botany - Teleflora.com

Last edited:
Amman, May 21, (Petra) His Majesty King Abdullah II voiced full support to projects and plans suggested by "We Are All Jordan" Youth Commission in Madaba governorate.

The plans prepared by the commission aim to maximize benefits from the tourist, economic and agricultural potentials in Madaba governorate province and to improve living standards in the area.
Jordan News Agency - Petra - King voices full support to Youth Commission in Madaba

Interfaith Work Fit for a Queen

by Eboo Patel
(founder and executive director of the Interfaith Youth Core, a Chicago-based international nonprofit that promotes interfaith cooperation)

I first met Her Majesty Queen Rania of Jordan three years ago at the Clinton Global Initiative, where we served on a panel together. My wife could not stop commenting on her radiant beauty. But what I found most striking about her was her intelligence. She used her few minutes on that panel to speak about three things in particular.

Eboo Patel: Interfaith Work Fit for a Queen - On Faith at washingtonpost.com

someone I know saw Rania shopping in Harrods London earlier this week, apparently with Princess Haya. Anyone know what she is up to this week?

someone I know saw Rania shopping in Harrods London earlier this week, apparently with Princess Haya. Anyone know what she is up to this week?
they have house in London right?this is why they spend alot of time there in England ans in Europe.

Didn't the Queen and King attend the Independence Day celebration this year?

Last edited:
yes, its going on now. I saw the begining of the celebration when the king intered & the prince & princes were waiting for him, what was weird that princess alia wasn't beside p.faisal or p.muna she was the last on in the row.!

by Eboo Patel
(founder and executive director of the Interfaith Youth Core, a Chicago-based international nonprofit that promotes interfaith cooperation)

I first met Her Majesty Queen Rania of Jordan three years ago at the Clinton Global Initiative, where we served on a panel together. My wife could not stop commenting on her radiant beauty. But what I found most striking about her was her intelligence. She used her few minutes on that panel to speak about three things in particular.

Eboo Patel: Interfaith Work Fit for a Queen - On Faith at washingtonpost.com
Thanks for this article, I really enjoyed reading it and it was great to see how networking at such events provides tangible results.

ISLAMABAD, May 25 (APP): Pakistan and Jordan will soon sign a “Free Trade Agreement” (FTA) to enhance their economic and trade ties, meeting the common aspirations of their people. This was stated by the ambassador of Jordan Dr. Saleh Ahmed Al Jawarneh on the occasion of the 62nd Independence Day of his country being celebrated on May 25...............
It reflects from the fact that the Queen of Jordan Her Majesty Rania Al Abdullah, immediately came to Pakistan to offer aid and moral support to the victims of the devastating earthquake that hit it in 2005, he added.
Associated Press Of Pakistan - Pakistan-Jordan to sign Free trade agreement: Jawarneh

How wonderful for the Queen's Kashmir visit to have been mentioned specifically.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom