HGD Guillaume, Current Events 1 to 8: January 2003 - January 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its odd that this is the first time that it has ever been mentioned that he plays piano. But I have seen an old pic of him playing, so it makes sense.

The violin is the only other one I know about, but there may be others too.

gaggleofcrazypeople said:
He also plays violin, but his mother plays guitar, so you never know.

She does? Cool, I never knew about that!

does anyone else play an instrument?

Hello!

The benelux royalty messageboard provided this quote, from the wikipedia.com I guess:

"His Royal Highness Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume of Luxembourg, Guillaume Jean Joseph Marie (born November 11, 1981), Prince of Nassau and Bourbon-Parma, styled HRH The Hereditary Grand Duke, is the Heir Apparent to the throne of Luxembourg.

A member of the Grand Ducal House of Nassau, founded in 1093, which has ruled Luxembourg since 1890, Guillaume is the eldest child of Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa. He is heir apparent since his father's accession in 2000.

His education includes Lycee Robert-Schumann in Luxembourg; Beau Soleil and Institute Le Rosey boarding schools in Switzerland; and Royal Military Academy Sandhurst Camberley, England. He failed to complete a degree in political science and history at the University of Durham, England. His duties include Honorary Chairman, Board of Economic Development of Luxembourg and the Kraizberg Foundation, a charitable institution for the disabled."

Failed...:eek: I hope the boy isn't dummy...

-L

he may not have but just hasn't completed it.
also anyone can post on that website if i am thinking correctly

Yeah, I don't think he failed, either. While Felix was photographed home alot over the past year, Guillaume wasn't. Besides, he has another year to go.

lamass said:
he may not have but just hasn't completed it.
also anyone can post on that website if i am thinking correctly

Yeah, Wikipedia is written by whoever wants to write it.

Anyway. Guillaume, more than likely didn't fail out, but is probably transferring to another university or something [I think the only reason he went to Durham is because Pia was going there, I could be wrong].

suturegeisha said:
Yeah, Wikipedia is written by whoever wants to write it.

Anyway. Guillaume, more than likely didn't fail out, but is probably transferring to another university or something [I think the only reason he went to Durham is because Pia was going there, I could be wrong].

Hm, I hadn't heard anything about why he choose Durham. Interesting, if it's true. But I don't see why he'd transfer if he only has a year left to go, unless he really, really dislikes it there.

delineate said:
Hm, I hadn't heard anything about why he choose Durham. Interesting, if it's true. But I don't see why he'd transfer if he only has a year left to go, unless he really, really dislikes it there.

Heh...I transferred to a different school with less than a year left to go! :) Guess it's whatever butters your muffin.....maybe he got sick of all the rain and fog.
I do know that he and Pia attended the school at the same time....all those pictures you see of them together were taken in the town the school is in.

delineate said:

Durham is one of the best universtities in Europe, number three in England after Oxford and Cambridge. In some programs, it's harder to get there than to either of those. His "connections" might have helped though...

-L

I have a feeling they started dating later on.

I do too. Don't know why I get that impression, though, because I've never heard anything regarding exactly when they started dating.

Is Guillaume back in school by now, you think?

Probably if he is still going. I've heard rumors that he quit, but I have a feeling that he didn't.

I don't think he did either. Wikipedia doesn't exactly strike me as being the most reliable source.

I highly doubt that his parents would have let him quit school. Maybe transfer but not drop it all together. He might also want a semester off. I guess we'll see here before too long.

His parents would definately let him transfer, they let Felix do it. But he seems like a pretty educated, focused guy so, I don't think he would quit.

I don't think he would quit either. At most he could possibly be transferring and thinking about maybe even doing more college. That way it'll be a little longer before he starts getting all the pressure to marry. I have a feeling he's enjoying bachelorhood just fine right now.:cool:

Mathilde1286 said:
Isn't he studying Political Science?

Yes he is. And unlike myself, I'm sure he'll end up getting a job that actually has something to do with his major.:D

Hasn't he recently become part of the government in Luxembourg?

Yeah, I think he became a member of the State Council. I know we discussed it a bit in the last news thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom