Grand Duke Henri & Grand Duchess Maria Teresa, Current Events 4: February - June 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do yout think their trip to Netherland? They ended that today, it started at 24 april. MT wore great tiara!

Has any details been released about GD Henri birthday celebrations?

Thanks in advance.

kate14 said:
Has any details been released about GD Henri birthday celebrations?

Thanks in advance.

No....his birthday has passed [it was April 16] without a whisper. We can only guess that it was a private party at home.

Wow.....the Grand Duchess looked fabulous at King Carl Gustaf's birthday party in Stockholm tonight! I love the dress.
Photo from Imagine Scandinavia:
mthenricg601kj.jpg

Wow! the duchess has looked really elegant for the celebrations in Sweden.

They will go to Thailand on June 12-13th, 2006 to celebrate 60th Anniversary of King of Thailand.

Where did you read that? I thought the children rarely go these visits.

Kelly said:
Where did you read that? I thought the children rarely go these visits.
Looks like they were just asking if any of the kids would be there. And actually Guillaume was going along with them for a while kind of getting a hands on type of training for his future role in Luxembourg. My thought is that if any of the kids do go along it would be guillaume.

I think that guillaume is just starting to "appear" in public engagements.. he would attend official meetings and state affairs not a birthday celebration x)

Wow thanks so much for the link to the footage of the royals visit with the pope.
Guillaume and Felix look a little nervous at one point.
But it's nice to see the family all together sharing in such a important moment...:rolleyes:

CHEERS............

Arh Granduchess Maria Teresa seems so lovely in the clip.
She looks a picture perfect all dress in white.
I like the shot of Alex, Sabastine and louis talking about the chuch architecture.

Thanks for that!! Virnabrisa2000

I saw on the Benelux Royals MB that Maria Teresa will not be going to the King of Thailand's Jubilee celebrations in June- she will go to New York to accept the "Path to Peace" award instead.
Wonder if this means that Guillaume will accompany his father? That would be a nice thing to see.

This might be a stupid question, but what is the "Path to Peace" award?

Erm... is it just me or does this foundation sound just a little bit lightweight? I read the section about other laureates - anmong them was Hans Adam of Liechtenstein, and just somehow I cannot see what his contribution to this world has been, apart from perhaps giving the church a stiff pile of cash. Anyhow, congrats to MT.

What was their reason for visiting the pope?

It seems to me that there's no particular reason.. they also went to visit Pope John Paul II several times with no reason.. I think that because they are one of the few royal families who are catholics they are "invited" more often to the vatican than other families.. also to "meet" Pope Benedict because since his assumption the lux royals hadn't gone to the vatican.

I can't see the video with the pope's visit:( !! I think my computer have some problems:confused: . Anyway, I wonder if one of you have bought the mag Point de vue in the past weeks?? There was a pic of Maria Teresa wearing the grand ducal crown, I mean the biggest one. Sorry I can't remember the real name of the crown. I'll try to scan the pic this week!;)

What was the occasion? Most royals don't wear the crowns unless it's a big formal occasion.

It was for the "dîner de gala" at La Haye palace, on the 24th april, during the state visit to the Netherlands. It's the Nassau's diadème. They're saying in the article that even the queen Elizabeth doesn't have a jewel of this magnitude. This is the first time Maria Teresa is wearing it. :)

:eek: I've gotta see that. It's probably like one of the beauty competion crowns that are huge and weigh your head down and hurt your neck. If you could share the pic with the rest of us that would be awesome! Thanks for sharing.

That tiara must be so heavy! I wonder how the Grand Duchess is keeping her head up. It seems a bit out of place because Maxima and Queen Beatrix are wearing rather modest tiaras.

Australian said:
That tiara must be so heavy! I wonder how the Grand Duchess is keeping her head up. It seems a bit out of place because Maxima and Queen Beatrix are wearing rather modest tiaras.

not only that, but it's an imposing tiara, in general. mt's a bit on the short side, and it's too big for her, imo, and i think she should stick to a medium to small sized tiara b/c it would complement her size more.

Yes, hers is the biggest even that of the Queen. ( Is that allowed?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom