Grand Duke Henri & Grand Duchess Maria Teresa, Current Events 9: Aug 2023 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Grand Duchess Maria Teresa received in audience, this Wednesday at the Palace, Mr. Jacques Wolter, President, the managers of ARCUS and the “Quai 57” service which, within the non-profit organization, takes care of people affected by a addiction.

Grand Duchess received in audience, this Wednesday at the Palace, Dr Roland Seligmann, President, and Ms Sophie Feller, executive officer, of the non-profit organization ALUPSE.

I suppose the Grand Duchess in living in Paris now.
I think she and Henri are living in Luxemburg, Berg Castle . They have to since Henri is Head of State. They have an apartment in Paris and one in Biarritz. There were rumours that Maria Theresia would like to move permanently to Biarritz, which I think is not possible as long as they are reigning.

I think she just spends a GREAT deal of time in Paris. It's not too far from Luxembourg -- 4 hours or so. Last I knew, Princess Alexandra and Prince Louis live in Paris.

I think she just spends a GREAT deal of time in Paris. It's not too far from Luxembourg -- 4 hours or so. Last I knew, Princess Alexandra and Prince Louis live in Paris.
Yes, I agree that she spends much time in Paris. I couldn't blame her, it's so much more exciting than Luxembourg, the fashion scene, cultural events plus two of her children are living there.
And, not to forget. she isn't very popular in Lux since the scandal a few years ago.

And has much less to do in Lux as a result of the scandal!
Yes, I agree that she spends much time in Paris. I couldn't blame her, it's so much more exciting than Luxembourg, the fashion scene, cultural events plus two of her children are living there.
And, not to forget. she isn't very popular in Lux since the scandal a few years ago.

Yesterday, March 19 Grand Duke Henri inaugurated the new headquarters of the EU Publications Office & DG CONNECT CE:

** monarchie: Inauguration du Bâtiment Mercier (Office des Publications UE et DG CONNECT CE) **

Today, March 20, Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa attended a national tribute ceremony to late French politician and admiral Philippe de Gaulle, son of Charles de Gaulle, in Paris:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

** monarchie: Hommage national à feu l’Amiral Philippe de Gaulle **

Yesterday, March 22, Grand Duchess Maria Teresa visited the Emergency Community House (MaCoU) in Luxembourg City:

** monarchie: Rencontre avec des femmes et enfants à la Maison Communautaire d’Urgence (MaCoU) **

Grand Duke Henri visited the “Grand-Duc Jean” barracks in Diekirch and the “Lagland” military camp near Arlon:

** monarchie: Visite de la caserne « Grand-Duc Jean » et du camp militaire de « Lagland » **

In the evening he attended the annual charity concert “Lives of artists: Berlioz & Rachmaninoff” organized by the Red Cross Luxembourg:

** monarchie: Concert de bienfaisance "Vies d'artistes: Berlioz & Rachmaninov" de la Croix-Rouge luxembourgeoise **

Today, March 23, Grand Duke Henri attended the 4th edition of the "Farm in Town" event:

** monarchie: Quatrième édition de la "Bauerenhaff an der Stad" **

And Grand Duchess Maria Teresa attended the opening ceremony of the “Relay for Life” that aims to raise funds for the fight against cancer:

** monarchie: Relais pour la Vie 2024 **

PdV says he will be abdicating...but does not know when...

Last edited:
The Grand Duke reveals that he will abdicate at some point and that he already knows when that will happen.

I have one date in mind: 2030 - coincides with Henri's 75th birthday and 30 years on the throne. Guillaume's boys would be little older that in 2025, Charles would be 10 years old and Francois 7. 2025 is too soon for me.

No surprises there. Maria Teresa talked about it a few years ago and seemed rather eager for her husband to abdicate. She seems a bit happier in her role these days, so he might indeed stay on a little longer although in previous cases the heir was always in his early to mid fourties and not in his late fourties when taking over. However, because Guillaume's children are indeed still quite young, Henri might stay on a little longer than he would otherwise have done

Not surprising as that is more or less s Tradition in Luxembourg. I remember Grand Duke Jean also talked several times about abdication, before finally doing it

Last edited:
Grand Duchess Maria Teresa, Honorary President of the Cancer Foundation and who, throughout the year, cares for people with cancer, answered the phone this Saturday at the Télévie Donation Center at RTL-City in Kirchberg, to welcome to Télévie 2024 donors.

Grand Duchess Maria Teresa participated, this Saturday, in the academic session for the 75th anniversary of the Soroptimist club Luxembourg-Doyen, the oldest of the 11 Soroptimist clubs in the Grand Duchy.

Yesterday, April 24, Grand Duchess Maria Teresa visited young people of the Athénée de Luxembourg who are taking part multi-year educational project “UNESCO Development”:

** monarchie: Participation au projet pédagogique pluri-annuel « Développement UNESCO » **

Today, April 25, Grand Duke Henri received the Ambassadors of Iran, the Seychelles, Equatorial Guinea and India:

** monarchie: Accréditations de nouveaux Ambassadeurs au Luxembourg - 25 avril 2024 **

And Grand Duchess Maria Teresa attended the delivery of checks for funds generated by the organization of the “Bazar International de Luxembourg” in November 2023:

** monarchie: Bazar International 2024 : Cérémonie de remise des chèques **

Back
Top Bottom