Fashion for the little and teenage royals Part 15: June 2020 - May 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Sofia’s pantsuit look and the color combo is actually very elegant and sophisticated esp for her age. It’s a formal look you might see at church, business meeting or very nice wedding. Makes a nice change from the usual preppy pastel top and skirt sets You see so often IMO.

Sofia looks perfectly elegant and appropriate in addition to stylish. I actually thought she was wearing a long skirt in the full sun picture.

Leonor... (Thought: did she catch up to Sofia in height? Nope, she's got heels.) I wonder if they'll be a requirement at major ceremonies now for her. There's nothing wrong if she wants to dress very simply, even for National Day, but that outfit just doesn't look good on her. She needs stronger colors and a different waistline. (And a touch more confidence, maybe.)

It's another case of "Sofia is the decoy Princesa if you didn't know anything about them", but taken up a notch for national audience. :/

I suspect the sisters just have different tastes. Sweet, conservative and maybe a Smidge dowdy VS a little bolder, stylish and Fashionable. Like certain other Royal sisters We all know . At their ages they will already have defined opinions and comfort levels And that’s great! They get to be themselves as long as everything fits appropriately.

I think Leonor and Sofia both look lovely, and recently the difference in their styles has really begun to show - in a good way, I think ? Both look appropriate but it's obvious that Sofia's style is a bit more sleek and fashionable, and Leonor's more classic and romantic.

Personally, I have more of a Leonor kind of style (a grown up version, obviously lol) but I think Sofia's style is great too. The long bow is unusual but she pulls it off. And I don't think these days, there is anything wrong with royal girls or women wearing trousers for elegant occasions. They are nice and elegant trousers, not jeans.

Very sweet skirt, top and little heels on Leonor - I love it all, Sofia's outfit too and I like that both of them feel confident enough to go with their own preferences. :flowers:

I thought that both Leonor and Sofia did look really lovely but given it was a formal occasion Sofia's outfit wasn't for this event.

I love both: Leonor and Sofía and their different fashion styles. It's fantastic because that way there will be no absurd comparisons or competitions. Different but elegant, beautiful and very "princesses" in their attitude. Today, a trouser is perfectly suitable for any official act. We are in the 21st century, luckily. I really like the effect of the top on Sofía, and I adore Leonor's angelic air.

I love Sofia's blouse, and I don't mind her pants. She seems to be relaxed and confident, the more 'adult' of the two sisters. Leonor still comes across as quite childish even though she's older, what is emphasized by her romantic outfit. The media always said that the girls were sent to the ballet from a young age, if true I am surprised to see that Leonor has quite a bad posture. She still seems overwhelmed by events that cannot be trained at home, such as speeches.

I remembered that Sofia has another piece of cloth with a bow, but it is a dress:

** Full View **

She wore that white dress twice, so it seems that she likes it a lot. Maybe she chose that white blouse with the bow because it resembles the dress? It could be so. I love the white dress with the bow, it is stunning.

Can't wait to see their styles on October 16th at Princess of Asturias Awards!

I think Sofia’s pantsuit look and the color combo is actually very elegant and sophisticated esp for her age. It’s a formal look you might see at church, business meeting or very nice wedding. Makes a nice change from the usual preppy pastel top and skirt sets You see so often IMO.
Agree 100%

I suspect the sisters just have different tastes. Sweet, conservative and maybe a Smidge dowdy VS a little bolder, stylish and Fashionable. Like certain other Royal sisters We all know . At their ages they will already have defined opinions and comfort levels And that’s great! They get to be themselves as long as everything fits appropriately.
Agree 200%

Please let's not start comparing siblings and especially teenage girls. They all have their own styles.

The idea a girl has to wear a skirt to be 'formal' or 'look princessy' went out the window 20-30 years ago. We're not talking Disney princesses.

Sofia's look is sophisticated and formal for her age. Turning the pants into a skirt would not make it any more formal. Nor is it any less formal then her sister simply as her sister has bare legs.

I find Leonor's top much less formal then Sofia. And the look a little less mature for her age.

Definitely can see the girls are finally able to show their own personality.

It’s not an out of date notion in Royal circles though. The great majority of the time female Royals wear skirts or dresses on duty. It is what it is. So when one wear slacks people will comment on it naturally.

It’s not an out of date notion in Royal circles though. The great majority of the time female Royals wear skirts or dresses on duty. It is what it is. So when one wear slacks people will comment on it naturally.

The majority of the time, royal women wear dresses or skirts, that's true. But it's certainly not so unusual that it's commented on every time. In the past week alone Kate, Mary, Victoria, Mathilde, Charlene, Stephanie, Letizia and Sophie have all appeared in trousers. So it's not a rare occurrence.

As always, I also feel that these two girls are judged too harshly. Their clothes and behavior always seem appropriate to me, I don't quite get it.

Leonor and Sofia have different styles now they are growing older.

Sofia is more modern with her choices - I think it also reflects she won't be Queen as essential is the "spare" and has more freedom

Leonor favours the cute and girly fashioned choices but they are nice and appropriate for the future Queen. This is also the first time she has worn a small heel!

Looking forward to seeing their choices for the POA awards later this week

IMHO both girls look appropriate and well dressed/groomed for this national event. In my experience it isn't always easy to find items that are age appropriate for younger teens that are not too mature, too sexy, too childish. Their parents appear to be giving them the opportunity to select their own outfits with some guidelines.

Prince Charles during a reception with representatives of the Luxembourg association of midwives today:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Prince Charles during a reception with representatives of the Luxembourg association of midwives today:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

I love seeing pictures of Charles with his parents. He’s adorable! And one great thing about being a baby is that, style wise, you can’t go wrong. There’s a narrow window in which you can show up to an engagement in thick tights, a ruffle collar and a slightly too small cardigan and provoke no discussion about whether the ensemble flatters you, (of course it does), or about whether it’s appropriate for the occasion, (the answer is always yes).

From the looks of it, Stephanie is going to dress her adorable baby son in the kinds of traditional clothing seen for generations with Royal European children..he won't be a trendsetter.;)

Last edited:
I like Leonor's brighter colors. Wish I could see the dress, but I love the color, very autumn. Sofia's look is okay, but I love her shoes, so pretty and modern. It seems Sofia is now the same height as Letizia.

I like Leonor's brighter colors. Wish I could see the dress, but I love the color, very autumn. Sofia's look is okay, but I love her shoes, so pretty and modern. It seems Sofia is now the same height as Letizia.

The articles seem to speculate a centimeter taller?

Today, I prefer Leonor´s outfit. Green is great on her. And green and white is stunning

Both girls look stylish today. They look like twins with the same hairstyle.

Both Leonor and Sofia looked very stylish and pretty.

Letizia is relatively short (normal height for Spanish women). Both Felipe and his sisters are tall, so I assume it is likely that Leonor and Sofia will also be taller than their mother. I wonder, however, if Leonor will catch up with Sofia over time or if Sofia will still be taller than her elder sister as an adult.

Leonor and Sofia at the Princess of Asturias Awards Audiences today, October 16:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Last edited:
:previous:Quite different from last year looks, but great look from both girls. Both looks show the girls' personalities and taste.

Leonor is wearing small heels, how cute!:flowers:

Letizia is relatively short (normal height for Spanish women). Both Felipe and his sisters are tall, so I assume it is likely that Leonor and Sofia will also be taller than their mother. I wonder, however, if Leonor will catch up with Sofia over time or if Sofia will still be taller than her elder sister as an adult.
I wonder how much taller Leonor will get in the future. I have doubts since she is going to be 15 years old this month. I grew 4 cm more from 15 years old to 20 years old. 4 cm is not much, but I know many girls who stopped growing by then. Sofia is 13 years old, she still has a couple more years of growth, she will be the tallest of the 3 women in the family.

Leo's dress is cute and suits her. And her shoes seemingly cost three or four times more than Sofia's dress. :lol: That's how you know the event has YOUR name on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom