Danish Royal Family, Current Events 2: March 2008 - April 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
was his nanny with him? He look gorgeous with those lovely blue eyes!

Wonderful avatar, UserDane...:flowers:

I quite like the glass dome. Is there any greenery inside the enclosure at all?
Thanks ;)
I haven't seen it yet, so I am not quite sure - but I suppose there must be...
I have read that there is a thick layer of sand some places where they hide various foods for the elephants and that the animals enjoy looking for food in this way.

Christian turns into a little boy now, toddler years are over. First time I see him really happy and relaxed! It was a bit hard to judge him because his peers are all female (spanish, dutch, norwegian kids) and boys are usually abit slower in the early stages than the girls (Leonor, Amalia or Ingrid looked more "grown up" indeed although they are same age more or less) but now he's making up the difference. Great to see him with granddad, the nanny seems to be around but no wonder, Henrik will be grateful for her support I guess!

It seems like Henrik would like some more grandchildren
"It's a great pleasure for me to follow what happens in Zoo the year around. I've enjoyed that since I took over as patron 36 years ago and in the later years I have also had the opportunity to share the joy with my grandchildren. Unfortunately there are only four of them, but I hope there will be more."

From DRW: Danish Royal Watchers: Christian & Henrik open zoo elephant house

Yes he was with Nanny Mette Hansen.

Prince Christian was the one who actually opened the elephant house by pressing a button on an interactive console. :wub:

So cute! :ROFLMAO:

There are lots of photos of Christian snuggling up with Mette on this occasion. We haven't seen the nanny like this before - Henrik must think she is doing a wonderful job. He is a lucky little boy - and it may be a lifelong relationship - look at Queen Elizabeth II and her nanny Bobo! They were close until Bobo died, indeed, Bobo had a quasi LIW role for many years. I wonder whether Mette will end up being so indispensible to little Christian and the whole family that her role will be promoted!

:previous: Thanks for the photos ayvee :flowers: Bella looks so cute just sitting watching with Mummy (or Daddy too!), while Christian shows emotions (covering his mouth, wide eyes). Too cute! :D Awww! Just saw this picture of Henrik and Bella! :wub:

Last edited:
oh great pics!!!

it's good to see them spending a day in family!!!!

princess mary is lovely with this long skirt!!!

Thanks for the pictures. It's lovely seeing the Queen attending the circus with her grandchildren. Pictures are lovely, Isabella looked abit shocked in a few pictures, lovely expressions from her & Christian.

It wouldve been lovely to see Joachim, Marie & the boys as well. Would be a lovely family outing for the whole family.

and another picture via BB

Last edited:
Just lovely to see how one minute Pr Isabella is so expressive and ready to jump into the action and then the next minute she is contentedly sucking her thumb on Dad's arm. Even taking time out to do some 'reading' while the rest of the family are enjoying the circus!

Stellad

great photos, thanks everybody. frederik looks as thrilled and enchanted as the children, precious shots of the family and i like the one of grandpa and bella too.

Thanks for these nice pics. I love to see Isabella, she's my favourite. She's got that impish smile and will certainly give her calmer brother Christian a hard time when she gets older. I can already imagine her hiding some stinging nettle under his cover and waiting behind the door for a reaction :D Fred is among the top 3 of royals enjoying parenthood. Mary's skirt looks a bit strange for a day out in a circus, walking through all the dust etc. It's nice but out of place on this occasion.

Thanks for these nice pics. I love to see Isabella, she's my favourite. She's got that impish smile and will certainly give her calmer brother Christian a hard time when she gets older. I can already imagine her hiding some stinging nettle under his cover and waiting behind the door for a reaction :D Fred is among the top 3 of royals enjoying parenthood. Mary's skirt looks a bit strange for a day out in a circus, walking through all the dust etc. It's nice but out of place on this occasion.

D of M, you are good. You said exactely what I was thinking when I saw every one those pics. Especially the ones of Isabella's grin & Mary's skirt!

I hope we can see pics of the family having their vacation!!!!!

Isabella is cute and so big girl.

These photos are great! Everyone looks like they had a great time, and the kids are just adorable. I also love Mary's skirt.

The children look so wonderful!

their all look very happy together.
billie-jo

I love Mary skirt! I think is a bit long but I love her. Christian seams to be loving the show!:flowers:

Love the skirt as well, Mary wore it as she was leaving Hobart Airport - Tasmania - a few years ago.
The children look happy alert and bright, Bella will be a cute little hand full when she grows a bit! Christian will surely have a fun playmate.

Is this the same circus that there are pictures of Nikolai and Felix at? Christian and Isabella get bigger everytime we see them! And Christian is getting to be a big boy and losing his chubby baby fat. What a cutie!

Last edited:
The pictures are great. the kids are cute. I can tell that the Prince and Princess are crazy about their children. I loved Mary's skirt, but found it innappropriate for the circus. It was too long, maybe jeans or a shorter skirt would have been nicer. Anyways, she looked nice as always.

It I also find Mary's skirt too long, I have though that also the first time I saw it at Hobart Airport... and she was pregnant at that time!!

Yesterday, Queen Margrethe and Crown Prince Frederik attended the 80th Anniversary of the Aarhus University

TV 2 Galleri

:)

Last edited:
Very nice photos. It looked like Frederik was presenting or receiving an award. Was he (I'm sorry...I can't read Danish)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom