Crown Princess Mette-Marit's Daytime Fashion Part 4: August 2010 - August 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Both outfits are elegant to high hilt.

I'm liking the black & white hat. It looks elegant.

I love MM's hat its so pretty especially with the black trim. Th coat actually looks quite big & ill-fitting for her.

I'm agree with you dazz. The coat is too wintery and I don't like the lenght.
The black headpiece is nice.

So true about the coat - way too long and too big!
Buggy and heavy.

I like the dress.

Ugliest coat... the colour and the size are unappropriated and doesn't fit the ligth dress..:eek:

May 30, 2011 - MM in a cream/beige dress with a navy coat worn over it & a black headpiece.

Im pretty sure MM's dress is Valentino Spring 2011 runway dress and her shoes are by Valentino.
Full view ** Closer view

Im not liking her coat, it looks very wintery and heavy for me.

I like the coat because when I first saw it she looked princess-y and professional to me. Okay, the color and fabric are indeed rather wintery and I wonder how warm it was in Norway today? The hairstyle and headpiece look quite nice in those two pictures as well. The shoes are GREAT! :)

Love, love the shoes!!!

I want those shoes too. I like her hair and headpiece.

the outfit looks all wrong, nothing matches as if MM was blindfolded when grabbing each individual piece.

I might be in the minority here but I think she looks wonderful. Very polished and fresh. The dress is fantastic and the headpiece is a great accent to the dress & coat. And of course the shoes are fabulous, fabulous, fabulous!

the outfit looks all wrong, nothing matches as if MM was blindfolded when grabbing each individual piece.

The shoes match the dress really nicely IMO, the jacket and headpiece match one another but overall it was not a very nice look.

I don't believe that she has worn the hat before.

As a response to post # 277:
That is true. :flowers:
At least she hasn't worn that headpiece to her national costume in public before, so this year is the first year we see her with it in public, on Mat 17th. Many national costumes have headpieces in Norway, but very few women choose to wear them.

That navy coat is just the worst. It looks as though it was something she just "found" somewhere. The sleeves are too short, it's too big, there are threads hanging from the hem and it's way too long and doesn't go with the dress.

I wish we could see the dress. It looks pretty and so do the shoes.
Her evening dress does her no favors, except an interesting color.

The outfit looks so much better without the belt.

She looks beautiful. I like her hair and the soft white coat. Wow. She really looks good. Her hair is so golden. Kudos to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom