Crown Princess Mary Jewellery 5: Jan 2015 - Jan 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I really like the apparent reworking of the tiara that gives it extra height but my eye is drawn to the gap on it's left side (right side of photo) and I have the urge to just move them a fraction. Such a minor thing as it's such a beautiful piece of jewellery.

So far I don't like the rework of the ruby parure tiara, like previously mentioned, there is a very obvious gap close to the centre. I hope the court jewelers take notice and hurry back to fix it.

This tiara is such a substantial piece. Personally I prefer a more upright positioning compared to a headband style.

I have the idea the Court Jeweller has modified the diadem. It is somewhat more pointy in the middle and it looks like the space between the leaves has been a bit increased, resulting in a higher diadem. But it can be optical illusion by the angle of cameras. Princess Mary looked spectacular tonight, as did Prince Frederik, in his martial uniform.

Hi, Duc, that was my immediate impression, too..... more pointy Tiara rather than the very round version since CP Mary adapted it.
I like that much more - it gives the Tiara more Grandezza and makes it look even bigger!
Bye Bine

[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto

The "gap" does not disturb me. It is a natural design of leafs. Plants never grown symmetric.

beautiful photos Duke, thank you. Since I'm not a princess in need of a tiara (boo) I would be very....so very.... happy with those ruby chandelier earrings. They are stunning!!!

Not sure this is the right forum to ask about the order and the chain that holds it...how heavy is the piece?

The new rework of the tiara seems an improvement, imo. The former dent in the middle of the tiara looked rather unbalanced to me. Though, with that strange new whole, the distribution of the leaves is still not perfect. But it is a gorgeous tiara of great beauty and a grand history. It's always a pleasure to see it worn.

Btw, I loved to see the grand version of the earrings again! How nice, that they are so versatile.

I liked the original setting of the tiara but I understand the shape did not sit well on Mary's head and it was too long, having been designed at a time when women wore fabulous, voluminous updos.

The resulting tiara really disappointed me as it did away with a lot of the natural leaf and berry look and made it more of a solid headband than a tiara. On the pro side, it did create wonderful hairpins that are elegant enough to be worn with a modified matching earring configuration.

If it has been titivated yet again, I would love to see a before and after such as this one for the original change;

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-KhRDSZit...Ff5zCllMPueorMwCLcB/s640/RubyParureChange.jpg

In the sea of glitz and glam, the (on itself nice necklace tiara) lacked any sparkle. I don't know why the gemstones did not sparkle, but it was remarkable.

They never have. They are old cut stones, and Isuspect of not very good quality.

In the sea of glitz and glam, the (on itself nice) necklace tiara lacked any sparkle. I don't know why the gemstones did not sparkle, but it was remarkable.
I was about 3 m from them, with a clear view of them just before their chariot drove into the gate at Christiansborg and you're right there was no sparkle in the tiara at all. Huge contrast to the Greek ladies who's tiaras sparkled so much that we could see them 100 m away.

The price tag of the tiara has been all over the internet, since someone found out the tiara at an auction. It's common knowledge that it was not an expensive tiara, so of course the stones can't be of high quality. But yet the tiara is of a beautiful design and suits Mary's style perfectly.

TBH the new tiara is more metal than diamonds or gem stones. At $9000 it just isn't gong to sparkle in the same way all diamond tiaras with 6 figure price tags do.

It's a pretty tiara, and must be comfortable to wear, since it seems to be her new go-to tiara, but it certainly doesn't look like the tiara of a crown princess. I thought it was an interesting choice when it first appeared in necklace form, but I can't say it's a favorite. It will look good on one of the girls when they are a bit older, though!

It's a pretty tiara, and must be comfortable to wear, since it seems to be her new go-to tiara, but it certainly doesn't look like the tiara of a crown princess. I thought it was an interesting choice when it first appeared in necklace form, but I can't say it's a favorite. It will look good on one of the girls when they are a bit older, though!

How would you rate it compared to her wedding tiara ?

:previous: That's a tough one, but the spinel and ruby tiara has a more pleasing shape to my eye, so I prefer it to the wedding tiara. Even with the added pearls, the wedding tiara is so small and uninspiring, and always looks odd when Mary wears it at the same time Marie wears her tiara. Like, which of these women exactly is the crown princess?

Mary is wearing the ruby tiara for the French state visit. This is the first time, correct me if I'm wrong, that she is wearing that tiara during a republic state visit.

Yes and only the second time during a state visit overall, debuting it during the Belgian state visit.

Did anyone notice that the earrings from the ruby parure that Mary wore last night appear to have been lengthened with the addition of an additional stone between the stud and the pendant?

lovely collection, i wonder how many of the brooches are real.
my fav is the diamond and saphire one she wore to her children's christenings

I love that one too auntie, she doesn't wear it much and I don't know why!!

Back
Top Bottom