Crown Princess Mary and The Mary Foundation : 2007 - 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:

Thanks. :flowers:
A good idea.

I hope we will see more of that when this Corona-thing is finally over.

Crown Princess Mary sent another video message today:

** instagram video **

Every year I usually send a little Christmas greeting about our work in the Mary Foundation. It has become a little different this time as I have recorded it on my own phone due to the corona.

This year, my greeting is about igniting hope. And how we can all help create hope in each other.

Merry Christmas to all

That's a nice photo of Mary. Good contrasts, soft, soothing.

That's a nice photo of Mary. Good contrasts, soft, soothing.

I clicked around a bit and it is very nicely organized and user friendly. A lot of good informative content. Looking forward to seeing the projects they have set up come to fruition in 2022.

Today, H.K.H. Crown Princess Mary and H.K.H. The Duchess of Cambridge visited Danners Crisis Center in Copenhagen ��

Our backpacks for children in shelters were the focal point of the visit. Here, child and family counselor Lene Frisch Larsen told about the center's many years of experience with backpacks. After this, the Crown Princess and the Duchess of Cambridge had the opportunity to speak to some of the shelter's residents.

Every year, we distribute 2,000 backpacks to the many children who come to the shelter with their mother. The backpacks are both a help to the many children who come to the shelter without anything. But it is also an educational tool for the shelter staff and a symbolic gesture to the children that they are seen and heard and that no children should grow up in a family with violence.

We distribute the backpacks together with Ole Kirk’s Fond and @ lokk.dk.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CaVEmBi...d&ig_rid=36f531ed-f706-4aea-8769-b2ec6c4699bd

That's something the British press could have written about.
It was something Kate asked a lot into.

ADDED.
The crisis center is named after Countess Danner, who was married to the left hand of Frederik VII - i.e his unofficial wife.
She came from a poor background and she knew all about women suffering from domestic abuse. Hence why she was instrumental in setting up this first shelter for women in DK.
The upper echelons in Danish society snubbed and loathed her, but the public came to appreciate her and her causes.

Last edited:
That's something the British press could have written about.
It was something Kate asked a lot into.

ADDED.
The crisis center is named after Countess Danner, who was married to the left hand of Frederik VII - i.e his unofficial wife.
She came from a poor background and she knew all about women suffering from domestic abuse. Hence why she was instrumental in setting up this first shelter for women in DK.
The upper echelons in Danish society snubbed and loathed her, but the public came to appreciate her and her causes.

Their Twitter account posted about today's visit.

Thank goodness the Mary Foundation and The Danner Center posted about the event and got their information out there.

And in contrast to the British press they got the title right. No Kate Middleton...

And in contrast to the British press they got the title right. No Kate Middleton...
Yes, I noticed that the scandinavian countries get it right or wrong titlewise differently...
Swedish media refer to her almost every time with her maiden name, while at least Norway always call the Duchess "Hertuginne Kate" ("Duchess Kate").

Yes, I do believe that calling her Kate is an endearment. Akin to Princess Di.

I use Kate myself because it's easier and faster to write. I'm lazy. ?

Crown Princess Mary with the Mary Foundation about the Partner Violence:

"Partner violence can have major consequences for both those who are exposed to the violence and for the children who live in the shadow of the violence.

With a comprehensive population survey from VIVE, commissioned by the Mary Foundation, we have gained new knowledge about partner violence in Denmark.

The survey shows us that every fifth Dane is exposed to partner violence during their lifetime.
We can also see that witnesses to the violence unfortunately too rarely intervene. We need to change that, because when, for example, a friend, a sibling or a neighbor reaches out and offers his help, it may be exactly what is needed for an end to the violence.

Many hold back - not out of malice - but because they are in doubt about what to do. Therefore, we need to spread knowledge about what can be done to help when witnessing partner violence.

Everyone has the right to a life without violence."

https://www.instagram.com/p/CbUgohkP5Ij/

Video of Mary at the Media Competiton's event today

https://www.billedbladet.dk/video/7HIWI8Mj/nmnVwI0u

Article
https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongeli...af-kronprinsesse-mary-gjorde-det-igen-og-igen

"Crown Princess Mary was received as a Hollywood star by the young school students when she on Tuesday afternoon as chairman of the Mary Foundation participated in a big award party media house JP/Politikens Hus.

Again and again she posed for selfies with the many happy youngsters who threw hand signs with her and just had a great time in the royal company."

______

Another article: https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongeli...prinsesse-mary-danse-med-til-faengende-rytmer

Another video: https://www.billedbladet.dk/video/7HIWI8Mj/zKNCb5G6

Last edited by a moderator:
Crown Princess Mary attended the Maternity Foundation's Mother's Day event in Copenhagen today, May 5:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** tt.se gallery ** kongehuset gallery **

** BB video: Med til stor event: Kronprinsesse Mary tog hul på fejring af Mors Dag **

During the event Mary was asked about the documentary about Herlufsholm school that reports about bullying at the school. Mary answered she had not seen it yet, but condemned bullying:

** BB video: Overrumplet af spørgsmål: Nu reagerer Mary på kritisk Herlufsholm-dokumentar **

Last edited:
Crown Princess Mary hosted the presidency meeting of the Mary Foundation at Frederik VIII’s Palace, Amalienborg, today, May 12:

** instagram gallery **

Crown Princess Mary hosted the presidency meeting of the Mary Foundation at Frederik VIII’s Palace, Amalienborg, today, May 12:

** instagram gallery **

Very important meeting and work from The Mary Foundation. Can't believe The Mary Foundation celebrates 15 years in September! What a huge accomplishment for Mary, the foundation and all the partners, directors, organizations involved!

Indeed the fund has accomplished much good work since its foundation . A side note , that is one scary looking room to meet in .

Indeed. The sooner that wallpaper dies, the better. :eek:

This room has won me over the years.
And one that Mary and Frederik use often in their meetings and presentations

Indeed. The sooner that wallpaper dies, the better. :eek:

Absolutely agree with you. Wasn't it said after the renovation that Mary wasn't fond of abstract art but Fred loves it.
Anyway I preferred the crazy map of the world they had in this room. But they definately need to replace this. :eek:

Anyway I preferred the crazy map of the world they had in this room. But they definately need to replace this. :eek:

Different room, different floor. The world map is still there. This room used to have "plain" green walls.

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure which thread this should go in.

As expected in the wake of the notice that Christian and Isabella will both be at Herlufsholm next year, Mary's visit to Haslev Idrætsefterskole with the Mary Foundation's social well-being project Me&We was marred by the question of her personal association with Herlufsholm. The fact that journalists were questioning her wasn't really unexpected. They asked Frederik the same questions at Royal Run. (And got a snappy answer in return :rolleyes:). A few things stand out about the palaver surrounding this engagement though:

First thing is that Mary, in addition to comments about her day at the school, had prepared a statement that she relayed to the journalists:

"I know that there are questions surrounding my role as chairwoman of the Mary Foundation. To that I want to say that bullying and violence is never acceptable and never can be justified. It is something we need to combat and prevent. That was my position 15 years ago, when I founded the Mary Foundation, and it is my position today. Our work in the Mary Foundation to combat and prevent violence and bullying, and to contribute to the creation of inclusive communities remain unchanged. And our work continues relentlessly."

A nice statement indeed but not much different from what we've already heard from both the foundation and the CP couple. I suspect it was an attempt to dodge having to answer questions. But of course it didn't do the trick and Mary ended up leaving the little seance to a choir of questions. Something the collective press corps has been very up in arms about.

It's just poor PR IMO. This is no different than the question of Joachim and his apanage. It isn't going to go away on its own and at this point, it's frankly outrageous that the DRF have a communications department that isn't able to predict this. If M&F have decided that Herlufholm's is the hill the want to die on, then be open about it! Don't hide behind vague statements that don't even address the criticism.

Second thing that makes this particular event different is the reaction of the students who met with Mary at Haslev Idrætsefterskole. It has been pretty scathing to say the least (link and link). A term that is repeated among the many students asked is "double standards".

I think this reaction shows the gravity of the situation for M&F. If we look past reactions from "experts" and reporters, not even Frederik's IOC membership accumulated this much public criticism. Mary has build up a solid brand and it's seriously hurting by M&F's insistence on sticking by Herlufsholm.

An initial report on the environment of the school is due out in the next couple of weeks. I've heard pretty solid rumours of a second documentary focusing on the girls at Herlufsholm (the first mainly centred around the boys) being in the making. As I said above: It isn't going away. And I understand it's a real tiresome case for them but since they apparently have decided to keep the children at the school, they have to address the criticism properly to not damage their reputation completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom