Crown Prince Frederik, Current Events 1: November 2002 - October 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To continue the thread, apparently Frederik didn't come to IA christening, because he had a bachelorparty to attend to. his own.

Louise

Originally posted by Louise@Apr 19th, 2004 - 4:50 pm
To continue the thread, apparently Frederik didn't come to IA christening, because he had a bachelorparty to attend to. his own.
I don't really see the need to continue that negative pour out - anyway Crown Prince Frederik's stag weekend abroad had a group of danish VIP been planning for a very much longer time, than it has been known that Ingrid's christening would be the same weekend :p besides; absolutely no big deal in Norway that the paper sponsors don't attend the ceremony :p but on the rmbs - well - just another opportunity to post negatively about the danes :angry:

Originally posted by anna@Apr 19th, 2004 - 12:12 pm
I don't really see the need to continue that negative pour out - anyway Crown Prince Frederik's stag weekend abroad had a group of danish VIP been planning for a very much longer time, than it has been known that Ingrid's christening would be the same weekend :p besides; absolutely no big deal in Norway that the paper sponsors don't attend the ceremony :p but on the rmbs - well - just another opportunity to post negatively about the danes :angry:
Well, I don't really see the problem with discussing the reason why Frederik was not in attendance at Ingrid Alexandra's baptism. This is a message board for such discussions. That is fine that Haakon has publicly said that it was not a problem but if LTR members would like to discuss the matter further, I see no problem with that.

First, I don't understand the purpose of the godparents. I am not a christian so I don't see the purpose of them. Is it simply the dictate of the religion or it actually serves some purpose like helping raising their godchildren? If that's the case, what. in actuallity, god parents really do? Or the tradition is lost generation ago even though the ritual remains.
Second, with all these royals god parenting each other, I see more for name recognition than actually serve any functions. Correct me if I am wrong. I can't see fred and other cps taking their busy time to advice I-A on how to become a cp or how to interact in public. Hell, they can't even take time to see her christianing, so what the purpose of this giant name listing mean if anything other than for fame only.

Originally posted by lori@Apr 19th, 2004 - 9:39 pm
First, I don't understand the purpose of the godparents. I am not a christian so I don't see the purpose of them. Is it simply the dictate of the religion or it actually serves some purpose like helping raising their godchildren? If that's the case, what. in actuallity, god parents really do? Or the tradition is lost generation ago even though the ritual remains.
Second, with all these royals god parenting each other, I see more for name recognition than actually serve any functions. Correct me if I am wrong. I can't see fred and other cps taking their busy time to advice I-A on how to become a cp or how to interact in public. Hell, they can't even take time to see her christianing, so what the purpose of this giant name listing mean if anything other than for fame only.
The role of godparents (or sponsors as they are referred to in Norway) is to contribute to the child's life spiritually. They don't help to raise the child per se but their role is to provide spiritual guidance.

I think in some cases the choice of godparents is a bit of name dropping, but not always. (I think the best example of "name droping" in choice of grandparents is Konstantine Alexios of Greece, but that's just me.) Ingrid Alexandra probably has several future Kings and a Queen among her godparents because one day she herself will be a Queen. And so Frederik, Felipe and Victoria can also provide support and guidance on a different level.

If you look at this thread: Godparents, there is not only a list of royal godparents, but a bit of a discussion about what the role of godparents are exactly.

Originally posted by Alexandria@Apr 19th, 2004 - 8:46 pm

I think in some cases the choice of godparents is a bit of name dropping, but not always. (I think the best example of "name droping" in choice of grandparents is Konstantine Alexios of Greece, but that's just me.) Ingrid Alexandra probably has several future Kings and a Queen among her godparents because one day she herself will be a Queen. And so Frederik, Felipe and Victoria can also provide support and guidance on a different level.

I agree wholeheartedly with you Alexandria. I hve felt that the greek CP kids' godparents hve been a case of name dropping and more for political reasons that anything else.

I think Ingrid Alexandra's godparents are a good choice and good mix of people that will be able to provide some guidence in her future.

I'm sorry if I brought up this whole discussion again, it wasn't what I intended by my post.

Louise

Originally posted by Louise@Apr 20th, 2004 - 12:59 pm
I'm sorry if I brought up this whole discussion again, it wasn't what I intended by my post.

Louise
Hey Louise,

There is nothing to be sorry about. You asked a very good and valid question. It is the nature of such message boards that discussions sometimes (often?!) take a life of their own on.

23-4-2004

Years of disuse and disrepair have left their mark on Amalienborg's Frederik VIII--the Government must now go cap in hand to Parliament, to request millions in funding to renovate Crown Prince Frederik's official residence

The doorframes and foot panels are dilapidated, the central heating is worn out, and the walls could use a fresh coat of paint. Crown Prince Frederik and Mary's future residence at Amalienborg, Frederik VIII's Palace, is in dire need of renovation. Next week, the Government will request DKK 120 million (16 million euros) from Parliament's Finance Committee to finance an extensive restoration project.

Finance Minister Thor Pedersen refused to disclose an exact monetary sum, but told Ritzau news bureau that a "significant amount" would be necessary for the renovation. Pedersen recently examined the palace, together with representatives from the Palaces and Properties Agency, which will supervise refurbishments on the 4700-square-meter manse.

Preserving the cultural heritage

"A majority of Danes agree that Amalienborg and the nation's other palaces are worth preserving, and we'll just have to pay whatever it costs. We must choose between maintaining our cultural heritage, or tearing it down--there are no alternatives," said Pedersen.

With support from the Danish People's Party, the Government is already assured a majority behind the proposal in Parliament.

"But it pains me that we haven't been better at maintaining our royal palaces over the years. In the future, we must work to ensure regular maintenance, so the costs don't come in huge chunks," said Pedersen.

Frederik VIII's Palace, the only palace in the Amalienborg complex with a clock on the façade, was the official residence of King Frederik IX and Queen Ingrid, parents of the reigning Queen. But only a few minor repairs have been made to the palace since Frederik and Ingrid took residence in 1936. Queen Ingrid spent many of her later years at Fredensborg's Chancellery House, and she occupied just a small area of the palace when at Amalienborg. The Queen's younger sisters, Princess Benedikte and Ex-Queen Anne Marie each keep small apartments at the palace. The remaining space has been left cold and empty for years, and the sense of desertion has left its mark. Changing the pipes and radiators will prove a particularly costly part of the palace refurbishment, and new kitchens and bathrooms will have to be installed. Electronic security at the palace is also hopelessly outdated.

The Palace and Properties Agency estimates that the project will take three to four years to carry out, before the palace is inhabitable enough for Frederik and Mary. Efforts are already underway to paint the palace windows, and several rear and side buildings will have to be reinforced.

Staying at Chancellery House

For the duration of the restoration project, Crown Prince Frederik and Mary and will reside at Chancellery House at Fredensborg. The pair will keep a small apartment at Christian VII's Palace at Amalienborg, which is otherwise used only for representative purposes. That palace was restored in the 1990's for DKK 140 million (19 million euros), much of which was underwritten by private sponsors.

Chancellery House, which Crown Prince Frederik inherited upon the death of his grandmother Queen Ingrid in 2000, has undergone extensive refurbishment, as well. The roof has been replaced, the windows newly painted, and the façade buffed and polished. All exterior renovation was financed by the Palace and Properties Agency, while the Crown Prince's Office assumed all costs for interior renovation, as well as an expansion of the palace swimming pool.

In addition to his properties at Amalienborg and Chancellery House, the Crown Prince keeps an apartment at Marselisborg Palace in Århus, and he regularly makes use of the family's hunting lodge in Trend, as well as Chateau de Caix in France. Marselisborg, Trend, and Chateau de Caix are all private royal residences. Amalienborg, Fredensborg, portions of Christiansborg Palace, Graasten Palace, Eremitagen, and Sorgenfri are placed under the stewardship of the Queen, who may use them as she chooses.

Link: Copenhagen Post

i played with freddy as a child and I saw him several times when I was a teenager. Freddy is very cool an awesome dancer he came by with his cousins felipe and Pavlos. they are all three nice all around average joe but not average you know. I saw her Majesty Queen Margarethe too I have always admired her she is queen yet she can still manage to indulge her creative side. you know desinging her own clothes entering contests to design sets and doing it anonmously and winning for ten years in a row. that woman has lots of talent. I also played with Joachim we fought a bit I called him Joky you know like Jokey smurf and he didnt' like that but I couldn't prounonce Joachim when I was a child. It never occured to me to call him JO and Joachim was in college when i saw freddy wehn i was a teenager so I only saw him for a short while. freddy is very sensitive to someone else;s pain he is closer to his mom then his dad I think joachim is too. freddy and JO are very close they are best friends. although that may have changed since Joachim got married. maybe him and alexandra are best friends now. somehow I doubt that though. joachim and freddy were very close. I used to have a tv show on public access called "shut up and listen" and freddy was kind enough to come down and be one of my guests on my show. Freddy is awesome and Denmark is lucky to have him. Freddy will do as good a job with Denmark as his mom has done. Lots of love to you freddy and best wishes.

Wow, thanks for the info. I could never see Fred has a dancer. How were you even able to play with him as a child?

my father did something for the military I dont know what but his job brought him into contact with many heads of state that is how I met Freddy.

Originally posted by sky@May 2nd, 2004 - 10:02 pm
Wow, thanks for the info. I could never see Fred has a dancer.
Trust me. It is not a pretty sight. That is your warning, everybody. :p

** I have removed the three photos here because the links are no longer available. Please feel free to repost them, as long as you have another address for them**

Last edited by a moderator:
May 5, 2004 - The Copenhagen Post

Parliament Voted to Raise Crown Prince Frederik's Yearly Apanage

Parliament was in a generous frame of mind on Tuesday, setting its usual budget haggling aside to pass a resolution granted Crown Prince Frederik a raise in his yearly apanage from DKK 4.2 million (565,000 euros) to DKK 14.4 million euros (2 million euros) upon his marriage to Mary Donaldson. The pay raise is expected to cover the extra expenses the Crown Prince couple will incur after their wedding. The couple will take over new properties, including Frederik VIII's Palace at Amalienborg, which will entail extra expenses for a larger staff. The pay increase will also be used to defray costs in connection with the couple's official travels.

Doesn't seem like an easy way to earn a living! I would think the state would pay for their official travels?

Doesn't seem like an easy way to earn a living! I would think the state would pay for their official travels?

I'm shocked that the heir to the throne only received DKK 4.2 million (565,000 euros) a year. I wonder if other crown princely couples pay for their own travel expenses.

I just happend to read at royalarchive.com

it said it claimed about Prince Frederik's illegitimate daugther.. I dont know if it sure... No idea. Do you know about it????? :shock: :unsure:
you can checked the links very intersting question......

check it out

www.royalarchive.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpBB2&file=viewtopic&...

if the link not work

then check it out

www.royalarchive.com

click on title under name Prince frederik's illegitimate daugther. okay??? i hope you can find there.....

Karla

I would put this down as another rumour and a person wanting attention.

I have seen several photos of him and he has a tattoo of a shark on the outside of his right leg? Does anyone know when he got it? Did he get it after he completed his Frogman training with the navy? Thanks!

as I gather .... getting a tattoo in the army/navy is akin to a male bonding thing.

Originally posted by King Christian@May 22nd, 2004 - 2:23 am
as I gather .... getting a tattoo in the army/navy is akin to a male bonding thing.
It's a good thing I don't like needles then :lol:

frederiks birthday is on may 26 is there any official events on her his birthday in the past? do you think he will be home by then?

Chatleen  Posted: Jul 6th, 2004 - 11:44 pm

I think his hair is turning more and more grey, though - wonder if it is all the work on producing an heir
That ... and the stress of being married. ;)

You think he might turn to Grecian Formula ? :p

I think that he colored it before, and now that he's married, isn't bothering anymore. It's been known to happen.

Originally posted by Bubbette@Jul 7th, 2004 - 9:53 am
I think that he colored it before, and now that he's married, isn't bothering anymore. It's been known to happen.
Naeh, I don't believe in that. He were a little grey at the wedding, too. By then Mary had the chance to say no :rolleyes:

Actually she could have been quite a wealthy woman doing that, if she had played with just a small stake in advance. The odd vere grand-high ;)

Originally posted by Chatleen@Jul 7th, 2004 - 2:44 am
Frederik seemed in good form for the event, smiling and really being present. Imo he has really improved since his engagement.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
What was Frederik like at events before his engagement. Inattentive? :p

:lol: :lol: :lol:
What was Frederik like at events before his engagement. Inattentive? :p [/b]
Sometimes he could give that impression - yes

I found another set of photos titled Crown Prince Frederik Fund.

Frederik looks very handsome here. :flower:
Pictures

Originally posted by Alisa@Jul 8th, 2004 - 2:55 pm
I found another set of photos titled Crown Prince Frederik Fund.

Frederik looks very handsome here. :flower:
Pictures
Thanks for posting the pictures, Alisa :flower:

'Hans Kongelig Højhed Kronprins Frederiks Fond' is not the same as 'Crown Prince Frederik Fund'.

These pictures shows the handing out (??) of grants from 'Hans Kongelig Højhed Kronprins Frederiks Fond' this year.

I got the information from www.hkhkronprinsen.dk

In english 'Hans Kongelig Højhed Kronprins Frederiks Fond' is 'His Royal Highness Crown Prince Frederik’s Foundation'

Info from the webpage:

His Royal Highness Crown Prince Frederik’s Foundation

Administered by:

The Lord Chamberlain to His Royal Highness the Crown Prince of Denmark, Mr Per Thornit
Amalienborg Slotsplads 7
Chr. VIII’s Palæ
Amalienborg
1257 Copenhagen K.

The purpose of the foundation is to provide financial support for:

Scientific expeditions, particularly to foreign parts of the world, including Greenland and the Faeroe Islands
Sports purposes, including those with a particularly social aspect
Deadline for Applications
No applications can be made to this foundation.

Award presentation
End of May or early June

I see. So there is Crown Prince Frederiks Fund and HRH Crown Prince Frederik's fond. Thanks for the clarification :flower:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom