Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 8: Nov. 2008-Sep. 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantastic!! So happy to see them and proud to be an Aussie!

Mary is no Aussie but a Dane since her marriage?
Sorry, to me the event is a bit silly.
And since its about the twins, why didnt they bring them along?

Billed Bladet has hit the streets early this week due to a holyday.

We have something about Joachim at the Cultural festival in Odense.

M&F in Holland, for Maxima's birthday.

A couple of private snapshots of Frederik and QMII in Greenland recently. They will proably surface on the DRF site or BB site shortly. There no news in the article itself.

And we have som fill about how Bella resemble Queen Ingrid as a child.

Countess Alexandra and her work for the Danish Association of the Blind.

A brief interview with Princess Nathalie and her interest for horses.

A lengthy coverage of the Regent Couple on their summer cruise.

Some details about M&F going to Australia.

Various tidbits and this:

According to Billed Bladet about 40 guests were invited to the reception at the Australian ambassador's private home in Hellerup.
Here the ambassodor, James Choi handed over the official presents to the twins.

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #22, 2011.
Nu skal tvillingerne vises frem - Now the twins are to be presented.
Written by Anna Johannesen.

In November M&F and their children will go an official visit to Australia. The aim being to aid Danish export to Australia. This export initiative is called: Bright Green Denmark, with focus on Nordic cuisine, as such the chef, Rasmus Kofoed, will be in charge of the food served at two gala dinners, where the CP couple will be the guests of honor.
This will take place in two exclusive restaurants: Doltone House in Sydney and Peninsula in Melbourne.
This time M&F will be together almost all the time, when they are on the job.
Only after the official part of the visit is over, will Mary visit her family in Tasmania. - With all her five children...

Mary is no Aussie but a Dane since her marriage?
Sorry, to me the event is a bit silly.
And since its about the twins, why didnt they bring them along?

Mary is still an Aussie, and i'm sure she still considers herself one.
The twins are 4 months old, why would they be included in an evening engagement like this?

Kærlighedsweekend i Amsterdam - Love-weekend in Amsterdam.

As you probably know CP Maxima clebrated her 40th birthday recently and M&F were among the invited.
That is no doubt well covered in the NLRF thread, so I'll focus on M&F.

Mary showed up in a dress she wore at Frederik's 40th birthday to the gala concert in Koninklijk Concertgebouworkest. She was apparantly a welcome sight as some spectators started to chant: "Mary, mary" (*) leading Frederik to, and I quote: - ...and while the Danish Crown Princess smiled and waved back to the many people, Frederik became so perplexed that he didn't know better than to put one hand down the pocket of his dinner jacket, end quote. (**)
As one of the onlookers said: "We love your Crown Princess. She comes right after our own Maxima".

After the concert there was a rception where every European royal of M&F's generation worth mentioning was present, except Mette-Marit who joined later and Victoria and Daniel, who was on the job in Germany. Mary was observed chatting with Pavlos and Nikolaos and their wives, Marie-Chantal and Tatiana.

And as always happens at such events, something did go wrong. When M&F left the concert hall around midnight, there was no car, so they had to go inside again and wait a while until a mini bus could get there.

(*) Did they also do that when other royals appeared?

(**) Now ladies, I'm willing to bet seven bananas that most of you find that very charming, eh? ;)

Last edited:
Another link - more pics of Mary and Fred - (down the bottom of the page). But who is the person wearing the green dress with the unusual one shoulder design. I actually didn't like it when I first saw it, but when you see other views of it, it is really nice.
Fan van Máxima » Verjaardagsconcert Prinses Máxima in Concertgebouw

The one with the high heeled wooden shoes?

Thats Princess Aimee and her Prince Floris.

How do I know? See here: https://picasaweb.google.com/billedbladet/Maximas40ArsFDselsdag#

(**) Now ladies, I'm willing to bet seven bananas that most of you find that very charming, eh? ;)

In one of the vids posted in the Maxiama 40th birthday thread it shows them shouting CP Mathlide's name. I hope I got the name right.

no all this CPs look stunning, do they bring their personal hairstykist, make up, etc... or it is organize by thehost, always I wonder in weddings and this parties, whish i would know!

I thought they looked great to, I would love to have a copy of Mary's dress.

Only after the official part of the visit is over, will Mary visit her family in Tasmania. - With all her five children...
You mean four children, right? Or are you considering CP Frederik as a child? :whistling::ROFLMAO::whistling:

As you probably know CP Maxima clebrated her 40th birthday recently and M&F were among the invited.
That is no doubt well covered in the NLRF thread, so I'll focus on M&F.

Mary showed up in a dress she wore at Frederik's 40th birthday to the gala concert in Koninklijk Concertgebouworkest. She was apparantly a welcome sight as some spectators started to chant: "Mary, mary" (*) leading Frederik to, and I quote: - ...and while the Danish Crown Princess smiled and waved back to the many people, Frederik became so perplexed that he didn't know better than to put one hand down the pocket of his dinner jacket, end quote. (**)
As one of the onlookers said: "We love your Crown Princess. She comes right after our own Maxima".

After the concert there was a rception where every European royal of M&F's generation worth mentioning was present, except Mette-Marit who joined later and Victoria and Daniel, who was on the job in Germany. Mary was observed chatting with Pavlos and Nikolaos and their wives, Marie-Chantal and Tatiana.

And as always happens at such events, something did go wrong. When M&F left the concert hall around midnight, there was no car, so they had to go inside again and wait a while until a mini bus could get there.

eheh, start eating those banans my dear :ROFLMAO:

Didn't notice the shoes Muhler ! Still like the dress thou :)

As this is written M&F are in Aarhus right now opening the second Sculpture of the Sea exhibition.

Here are two background articles from Aarhus Stiftstidende: Skulptur-fest meget større end sidst - Kultur

And Jyllands Posten, Aarhus section: Klar til kunstinvasion

To keep it short and brief. This exhibition will be larger than the previous one, which was a tremendous success.
Two Australians have been busy arranging the exhibition and decide where the sculptures are to put up.
Aarhus has a particular mix of forest and beach and view over a bay, with the city just behind the trees, that makes it particularly interesting in regards to find locations for the sculptures.
This year the sculptures will also be placed in a way so that they can be enjoyed from the sea.
Our two Australians, David Handley and Axel Arnott are in their own words: wasted.

Also, enjoy this little gallery: Se billederne: Sculpture by the Sea tager form | stiften.dk A very appropriate place for sculptures to stand, wouldn't you say?

There will be another exhibition in Aarhus in 2013.

In 2009, 600.000 visited the exhibition, including Mrs. Muhler and I and we enjoyed the several kilometre walk along the beach, as we always do. The sculptures making it more interesting. Some stood out from a long distance, others were more subtle and some more or less jumped out from the wood, as you turned a corner. We will certainly see the exhibition this year as well.

And we have the first gallery from Aarhus Stiftstidende: Se billederne: Mary og Frede åbner skulptur-festen | stiften.dk

There was a five minuttes long segment on TV2 Østjylland, the local part of TV2. That clip will be online in a few hours. Here Mary talked about how the exhibition reminded them of their first date in Australia.

One of the sculptures is in the form of a house, where it "rains" inside. Eventhough M&F were issued raincoats, Frederik's shoes and lower parts of his trousers became soaking wet.

As this is written the gala dinner in connection with this exhibition is still taking place.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who's the ageing rocker with the carkeys?

The first two clips from TV2First one about the sculptures, we might just as well enjoy some culture, while we are at it, eh? ;)
http://nyhederne.tv2.dk/article.php/id-22763556:kysten-langs-århus-bliver-dekoreret.html

Then a clip from the brief interview with M&F: http://nyhederne.tv2.dk/article.php/id-22763556:kysten-langs-århus-bliver-dekoreret.html
Mary: "It's a great pleasure to see how enthusiatically Sculptures by the Sea has been recieved by the Danes".

Frederik: "We feel pride. Absolute pride. The ownership of course belongs to the artists, the organisers and Sculptures by the Sea as a concept". (This segment is from the TV2 19.00 news).

ADDED: Here is the five minuttes segment from TV2 Østjylland: http://www.tv2oj.dk/arkiv/2011/06/02?video_id=19886&autoplay=1

Last edited:
Mary and Frederik look good. I'm glad the sculpture idea seems to be taking off and seems on track to become a regular event.

It's great to see Frederik & Mary at events together.

Last edited by a moderator:
The latest issue of Billed Bladet has hit the streets.

We now know who from the DRF who will go to the wedding in Monaco in July.

We have something about Queen Silvia in Copenhagen, with QMII and Princess Benedikte.

There is something about Prince Henrik being appointed European of the Year.

Some seriously cute pictures of bette Henrik in dad's racing car.

Something about QMII and her affilliation with Aarhus and Marselisborg Slot.

Frederik in Paris at International Tennis Federation.

Prince Henrik presenting the Europa Nostra Prize.

Countess Alexandra and the new family dog.

The start of the Regent Couple's visit to USA. - Will save that to next week.

And this:
Summary of article in Billed Bladet #23, 2011.
Kunst og kærlighed - Art and love.
Written by our art critic Ken Richter.

As you know M&F went to the Sculpture by the Sea exhibition along Aarhus Bay.
They walked along the entire exhibition, several kilometers, from a marina to the depths of Marselisborg Woods. At some point with their arms around each other.
This year it was Mary who gave the speech at the opening.
A 40 minuttes TV docu about the exhibition will be aired on 15. June on DR K (a part of the DR1 network, so you may be able to see it abroad). Here M&F will talk about the exhibition, what it meant to them when dating in Australia and how they came about having the exhibition in Aarhus.

Frederik said at some point: "It stirs/awakes lovely memories to see Sculpture by the Sea in Aarhus".
Mary added: "It was there we had one of our first dates".
F: "Yes, it was there we met and visited each other. We had a fantastic time - and we still have".

"We would absolutely like to walk along the exhibition with the children and see their reactions. We didn't find time for that two years ago with Christian, but there will probably be more opportunities in the future".

M: "We feel pride in that it has been such a big success. It's a great pleasure to see how enthusiastically the Danes have recieved the exhibition".

Mary said in her speech: "A lot has happened in our family since the last time (two ears ago). But much has happened for Sculpture by the Sea as well, which two years ago was seen by 600.000. That was a surprise for all of us, but it's a good oppotunity to experience art in another setting. We get in a good mood from the interaction between the art and the green beech trees".

The Sclupture by the Sea exhibition has now ended and according to this article in Politiken: Kronprinseparrets skulptur-tradition tiltrak 600.000 - Politiken.dk
600.000 went to see the sculptures.
That is about the same number who went to see the first exhibition and in a country of 5.4 million that must be considered a big success, even counting tourists.
As such the exhibition must be considered a recurring event.
The next exhibition will take place in 2013.

Billed Bladet #30 is out and the DRF holiday is coming to an end.

Unsurprisingly most of this issue is devoted to the event in Norway, there are however a number of details about the DRF as well.

The Regent Couple's visit to Greenland is wrapped up.

We have something about how a public audience takes place.
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...ions-march-june-2010-a-26483.html#post1293503

We have something about Mary's sunglasses.

We have a number of details regarding the photoshoot at Gråsten.
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...-slot-2003-2006-2011-a-13379.html#post1293491

And something about M&F's official travels in the second half of 2011.
- They are going to travel quite a lot!
Frederik will accompany the Regent Couple on their official visit to Russia in September.
Mary and Frederik will go to New York in October, in week #42.
In late November M&F will go to Australia, heading a commerce delegation. They will among other places go to Sydney and Melbourne. The official part of the visit will end 24. November, after which Mary and the children will go visiting her family in Tasmania.
Frederik will go to Vietnam on 28. November, with a trade delegation and he will visit Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City.

There are no further details about the visits.

The Regent Couple went straight to Gråsten from Greenland, so it was Frederik who took care of the public audience Monday.
More on public audiences later.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom