General News about Frederik, Mary and Family Part 19: September 2023 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's very odd that Frederick let the photographers took evidences of him walking with a woman, then entering and leaving her home...very strange..of course Frederick will know that this may happen, so why put him in such a situation??:eek: If there was something to hide, he will know how to do that for sure...

I agree that it seems odd that we haven’t seen more definitive images that bolster the photographers’ accounts of what happened and also their reported timeline. They were following him for hours and were in a position to get any shot they wanted, especially outside the apartment. The fact that we haven’t seen images of him walking in and out the door is strange.

What we’ve seen and heard so far doesn’t necessarily add up to Frederik having an affair, to me, but I wouldn’t place a huge bet right now on him being completely innocent, either. There are obviously pieces of this story that we don’t know, and so far none of the parties involved has provided any additional information or context, so we’re left with speculation.

My main issue is Frederik’s lack of judgement in putting himself in a position where these photos could be taken, whether he’s having an affair or not. I think the state of Frederik and Mary’s private relationship is their own business, as long as things that should be private remain behind closed doors.

I totally agree. Frederik's lack of judgement here is staggering. Having said that ... the whole random photographer taking pictures at that hour of the morning smells like he was set-up. Now the only question is by whom? The woman in question? Hmm ...

As to the possibility that Frederik did NOT spend the night at Genoveva Casanova's Home and instead spend it at one of the supposed "good" Hotels" on that Street OR The Danish Embassy nearby, sorry, NOT buying it. AT all.

For two reasons......The Danish Palace Advisors would have had "friendly" Reporters in Spain interview *whatevers* Hotel Consierge about how this a a "non story". Preposterous. Laughable. The Crown Prince of Denmark was a welcomed guest that night ! Dismissing then and there this. Blowing up, destroy, the scandal narrative.
That NEVER happened. A nice bit of cash for giving his or her "exclusive" to Spanish Media.

Neutralizing the impact and innuendo, there IN Spain, which IS leading this. Even if Denmark media is ignoring this.

Second, had Frederik been at either a Hotel or The Embassy, he would have been accompanied by Security, and waited there, for his ride. Not walking around outside on a Street in Madrid, by himself. Then waiting by a bus stop. In the AM early hours. C'mon.

Queen Margarethe, Mary, AND The Palace Advisers KNOW exactly what happened. Or didn't. I mean, what CAN really be said, I suppose ? They are riding this out, in silence.
They are hoping that interest fades, which unless there are more damning details revealed it will.

To those saying there are no photos of him entering Genoveva’s house at night. Why haven’t you looked at them?

I have seen them on Spanish magazine Semana and with better lighting ( edited) in the Daily Mail.
There is a photo of Frederick in the hallway past midnight, 130ish I think it was.
you can see her hair a small space between both and him giving his back to the camera. You can see it’s the same coat he was wearing with the collar slightly upwards.

The following morning you can see him luggage in hand at her street again and there are no photos of him exiting through the door. That’s true.

The photos have a time/day because there are digital. Photographer said on tv he left at around 830am and then headed to the airport to board on a private plane to Paris.

Does it mean anything? that’s another story. What the Spanish press did was to show the evidence. Interpretations may vary abroad but the images are facts, and deserve its acknowledgment.

The gossip here in central Madrid is surely elsewhere, people have began to wonder why her, who doesn’t seem to speak English regularly, posted a photo a year ago (10/2022) with a text below about the nature of love in English. Not a quote. The photo was in instagram and facebook and she removed one of them. Atm its interest is in decline, but what a most shocking event. All of it.

It doesn’t look good on Felipe and Letizia, why weren’t they contacted or invited to the dinner, you’d think they’d have more things in common that a socialite known for her love affairs, and social climbing antics, but it adds to their fame of not being well liked in general.

Last edited:
To those saying there are no photos of him entering Genoveva’s house at night. Why haven’t you looked at them?

I have seen them on Spanish magazine Semana and with better lighting ( edited) in the Daily Mail.
There is a photo of Frederick in the hallway past midnight, 130ish I think it was.
you can see her hair a small space between both and him giving his back to the camera. You can see it’s the same coat he was wearing with the collar slightly upwards.

The following morning you can see him luggage in hand at her street again and there are no photos of him exiting through the door. That’s true.

The photos have a time/day because there are digital. Photographer said on tv he left at around 830am and then headed to the airport to board on a private plane to Paris.

Does it mean anything? that’s another story. What the Spanish press did was to show the evidence. Interpretations may vary abroad but the images are facts, and deserve its acknowledgment.

The gossip here in central Madrid is surely elsewhere, people have began to wonder why her, who doesn’t seem to speak English regularly, posted a photo a year ago (10/2022) with a text below about the nature of love in English. Not a quote. The photo was in instagram and facebook and she removed one of them. Atm its interest is in decline, but what a most shocking event. All of it.

It doesn’t look good on Felipe and Letizia, why weren’t they contacted or invited to the dinner, you’d think they’d have more things in common that a socialite known for her love affairs, and social climbing antics, but it adds to their fame of not being well liked in general.

Yes anabellka, general interest is dying down in the media, but not on the Danish Royal House’s official Instagram account.

People are still leaving comments under photos of Frederik, even within the last day.

While some are trying to shut down other people, claiming it is gossip and everyone should be quiet … others are very forthright, calling Frederik a “traitor”, “liar” etc. Even asking Frederik if he is having an affair!

There are hundreds of comments.

About half supporting the Crown Prince and half questioning his actions.

Some are also not pleased with him travelling by private jet and then promoting green energy.

In any case, I can’t think why the Royals are allowing this, except that perhaps to shut off the comments would cause more questioning.

I actually now think there will not be anything coming from Ms Casanova, and so the Crown Prince Couple will not have to respond.

It will eventually die away, but many will not have their suspicions about it all allayed, and that is a major “hit” the future King and Queen have been burdened with.

I think as a consequence of whatever happened and it was dealt with, there are cracks in the glamour and any 'love of my life' 20 years of marriage celebrations in 2024 will sound hollow and fake.

:previous:

Those cracks are in the eyes of the beholder.
And 20 years isn't celebrated in DK.
M&F's next major anniversary will their silver anniversary, after 25 years of marriage.
Followed 25 years later by their golden anniversary.

Do they celebrate the ruby (40 years after wedding) jubilee in Denmark as well?

Yes anabellka, general interest is dying down in the media, but not on the Danish Royal House’s official Instagram account.

People are still leaving comments under photos of Frederik, even within the last day.

While some are trying to shut down other people, claiming it is gossip and everyone should be quiet … others are very forthright, calling Frederik a “traitor”, “liar” etc. Even asking Frederik if he is having an affair!

There are hundreds of comments.

About half supporting the Crown Prince and half questioning his actions.

Some are also not pleased with him travelling by private jet and then promoting green energy.

In any case, I can’t think why the Royals are allowing this, except that perhaps to shut off the comments would cause more questioning.

I actually now think there will not be anything coming from Ms Casanova, and so the Crown Prince Couple will not have to respond.

It will eventually die away, but many will not have their suspicions about it all allayed, and that is a major “hit” the future King and Queen have been burdened with.

I completely agree, it’ll die away and goodbye drama.
Instagram too.
Wished i hadn’t been told. it’s sad for everyone, it shadowed Felipe and Letizia’s visit and the four of them looked uncomfortable. Those trips take months if not years to prepare. They ( L&F) have this vibe of not able to “fit” with anyone but themselves. A bit asocial o socially strange. Awkward trip.
I don’t think it will have an impact on Frederick’s marriage because once he decided to commit that was it, and now, 20 yrs later he can have the best of both worlds.

British monarchy is a bit different, its church was born due to a divorce, so what happened to Charles won’t happen to other monarchies, but that doesn’t mean kings aren’t going to have women on the side or people like Genoveva who live for the thrill of it.

We can all go back to Frederick and Mary solid image of 20 years - this crisis might well strengthen their union and make them more human to the eyes of Danish people.

Here, we have mostly assumed that it went on for much longer than anyone had figured out. It’s wild really. Glad it’s over.

Last edited:

Do they celebrate the ruby (40 years after wedding) jubilee in Denmark as well?

No, after the golden anniversary come the diamond anniversary, where you will get a letter from the monarch congratulating you. That's after 60 years. It's no usually celebrated with a big party. But you can expect a lot of congratulations coming in and perhaps a local reporter or two will drop by.

From then on the anniversary is marked, but rarely celebrated big time, every five years.
Ending in the granite anniversary after 90 years of marriage. But I can't recall hearing about anyone being married that long.

But of course in just a few decades we will see 100 year anniversaries. Whatever they will be called.

We only have four big time celebrations in DK:
The wedding itself.
The copper anniversary after 12½ years.
The silver anniversary.
And the golden anniversary.

British monarchy is a bit different, its church was born due to a divorce, so what happened to Charles won’t happen to other monarchies, but that doesn’t mean kings aren’t going to have women on the side or people like Genoveva who live for the thrill of it.

The church of the (English) monarchy was born due to an annulment (and more than that, due to authority), not a divorce; did not recognize divorce in anyone for hundreds of years; actually had a king quit because his divorced partner was considered unsuitable due to having two former spouses living; and refused to marry the current king in the church because he and his wife were responsible for each other's divorces, although they did bless the marriage.

Basically everything you've assumed about the Anglican church or its influence on the conduct of the British monarchy is incorrect.

Last edited:
Who is all this "we" some are referring to about believing certain things. Not everyone on this thread has fallen for the supposed narrative, insinuations of gossip media and paps. So let's not say "we" like there's been some accepted consensus on this thread. Some of us have been a bit more discerning, questioning and open minded to say the least.

As to comments on IG posts....you'd be shocked to read comments on other royal accounts that are worse. Many sound like trolls riling things up or haters with nothing better to do. People many times like to jump on the hate, scandal, salacious bandwagon. Never put stock in the weight of social media comments as a true representation of sentiment, especially of Danes. Many feel emboldened to post things and weave rumours and innuendos and hate from behind the anonymity of a keyboard and computer screen. I mean even some of the speculations about secret signs because of language used is so far reaching and beyond the pale. It has zero basis in any verifiable fact.

As someone said...this is over. I'm sure there's other scandalous narratives going on right now in the royal world that should be getting more attention than this.

Last edited:
Who is all this "we" some are referring to about believing certain things. Not everyone on this thread has fallen for the supposed narrative, insinuations of gossip media and paps. So let's not say "we" like there's been some accepted consensus on this thread. Some of us have been a bit more discerning, questioning and open minded to say the least.

As to comments on IG posts....you'd be shocked to read comments on other royal accounts that are worse. Many sound like trolls riling things up or haters with nothing better to do. People many times like to jump on the hate, scandal, salacious bandwagon. Never put stock in the weight of social media comments as a true representation of sentiment, especially of Danes. Many feel emboldened to post things and weave rumours and innuendos and hate from behind the anonymity of a keyboard and computer screen.

As someone said...this is over. I'm sure there's other scandalous narratives going on right now in the royal world that should be getting more attention than this.

no, of course not in the thread, i meant here locally in Madrid, in work in the area where Genoveva lives, same street and i live not too far from there, that’s why i can tell the street in the photos.

elsewhere, i understand, its far and out of context.Sorry about that, i didn’t mean everyone in the forum had the same perspective.

That’s what makes debate and posts and fora interesting

Those cracks are in the eyes of the beholder..

Yes Muhler, I think my eyes are cracked and can never be “un-cracked”.

I agree with Duke of Marmalade above.

I can’t look at the Crown Prince Couple in the same way as I used to. I can’t buy into their story like that, now I no longer have rose-tinted glasses on.

That doesn’t mean I don’t wish them well. It can’t be easy to live up to other people’s expectations for decades.

I’ve just been reading the extract from Mary’s friend Amber Petty’s book … “This Is Not A Love Song” … about their friendship, Mary’s departure, and the experience of the Royal Wedding.

No wonder we all fell in love with the fairytale nature of it all … if you go back to those days, we’ll it was wonderful, fun and exciting, even to just be watching on.

But, as Ms Petty’s book makes clear, those on the “inside”, well for them this is their real life experience and we on the “outside”, we experience something else that isn’t really the reality of it all.

Here’s a link to the extract. To me it reads like a very strong emotional tie between the two friends. The little snippets about the morning of the wedding are interesting. And I can totally understand the feelings of being overwhelmed by the event, as Amber tries to describe how it was for her.

The Mary bits are in Extract 1, a little bit down the page.

https://www.news.com.au/entertainme...r/news-story/300a45c86447a9bb27135f4e27bbdd28

Last edited:

So you are saying that a post in English is a sign of a relationship with Frederik? Talk about far-reaching and speculative. A quick glance in her instrgram, and I see other posts in English. Arent her kids studying in London.

What a way to push forward a certain narrative. Speculative posts are frown upon I think.

The pictures and video are there. A video that starts in the middle of the street not a building. Conclusions are speculative and not necessarily facts. No need to try to make connections from posts from 2022

So you are saying that a post in English is a sign of a relationship with Frederik? Talk about far-reaching and speculative. A quick glance in her instrgram, and I see other posts in English. Arent her kids studying in London.

What a way to push forward a certain narrative. Speculative posts are frown upon I think.

The pictures and video are there. A video that starts in the middle of the street not a building. Conclusions are speculative and not necessarily facts. No need to try to make connections from posts from 2022

If you have to use IG posts from 2022 and what language they're in as some sort of proof...that's just pulling things out of thin air and has really no weight or probative value. And is quite the speculative reach. But if that is how far it has to go to try to prove a point or narrative how much validity does that point or narrative actually have? It could also be interpreted as trying too hard. But to each their own.

I assume you're referring to Roskilde's post? She's not saying that at all. I guess one could ask: Why haven't you read her post? :cool:

Felipe had official engagements on both 25 and 26 October. And given how ferociously the Spanish (nOn-tAbLoiD :cool:) press is trying to push a narrative of an affair, I'm not surprised he and Letizia didn't go out together alone.

no, of course not in the thread, i meant here locally in Madrid, in work in the area where Genoveva lives, same street and i live not too far from there, that’s why i can tell the street in the photos.

elsewhere, i understand, its far and out of context.Sorry about that, i didn’t mean everyone in the forum had the same perspective.

That’s what makes debate and posts and fora interesting

Well, breaking: Here, locally in Copenhagen, near Amalienborg where M&F live, the other day I made a joke to someone about Frederik's Madrid trip and it fell completely flat because the person had already forgotten about it :shock:

But I have to say, it's impressive how there's a war in Ukraine and a genocide in Palestine happening, yet – going off of your posts – all Madrid can talk about is pictures of two privileged people walking together.

Yes Muhler, I think my eyes are cracked and can never be “un-cracked”.

I agree with Duke of Marmalade above.

I can’t look at the Crown Prince Couple in the same way as I used to. I can’t buy into their story like that, now I no longer have rose-tinted glasses on.

That doesn’t mean I don’t wish them well. It can’t be easy to live up to other people’s expectations for decades.

I’ve just been reading the extract from Mary’s friend Amber Petty’s book … “This Is Not A Love Song” … about their friendship, Mary’s departure, and the experience of the Royal Wedding.

No wonder we all fell in love with the fairytale nature of it all … if you go back to those days, we’ll it was wonderful, fun and exciting, even to just be watching on.

But, as Ms Petty’s book makes clear, those on the “inside”, well for them this is their real life experience and we on the “outside”, we experience something else that isn’t really the reality of it all.

Here’s a link to the extract. To me it reads like a very strong emotional tie between the two friends. The little snippets about the morning of the wedding are interesting. And I can totally understand the feelings of being overwhelmed by the event, as Amber tries to describe how it was for her.

The Mary bits are in Extract 1, a little bit down the page.

https://www.news.com.au/entertainme...r/news-story/300a45c86447a9bb27135f4e27bbdd28

That's a very finite statement. :blink: Almost depressingly so.
What if you are wrong?
You've known and followed M&F for years, surely you have asked yourself whether this fits into Frederik's character as we know him.

Well, if that's how you feel, pity for you then.
I'll remain optimistic a little while yet.

And I also prefer to remain skeptical towards certain segments of the Spanish media - who, while being the esteemed and honorable people they obviously are, could nevertheless have misinterpreted and jumped to too hasty a conclusion.

That's a very finite statement. :blink: Almost depressingly so.
What if you are wrong?
You've known and followed M&F for years, surely you have asked yourself whether this fits into Frederik's character as we know him.

Well, if that's how you feel, pity for you then.
I'll remain optimistic a little while yet.

And I also prefer to remain skeptical towards certain segments of the Spanish media - who, while being the esteemed and honorable people they obviously are, could nevertheless have misinterpreted and jumped to too hasty a conclusion.

Thanks again Muhler.

I think posting my thoughts … and going back through old photos and the “history” of the Mary and Frederik story the last few weeks … has really helped me process this.

I feel quite okay about it all now.

I don’t mind what anyone else thinks about it.

And I hope I never came across as trying to sway someone else’s thoughts. I was just expressing my own.

I thought I was like anabellka above, and would have preferred not to have known any of this.

But actually, it has helped me take a few “icons” down off the pedestals in my mind, and in return, appreciate them more as people.

Indeed.

That's what M&F (and all the other royals) are, people.

They do stupid things, they say stupid things, they lose their temper, they are stubborn, they are sometimes thoughtless, they make mistakes etc.
Just like the guy I see in the mirror every day.

And just like the guy in the mirror, who may not be that bad after all, I'm willing to give the royals the benefit of doubt and also ask myself: Could that dude I see in the mirror do something similar?
All too often the answer is: Yes.

So I reserve harsh judgements for when they are really deserved.
Otherwise I myself would have to join the Association of Mediocre Flagellants.

Was the appearance at the state visit from Spain the last time the Crown Princely couple was seen together?

No, they had a meeting where a photo from the meeting is posted, and also recently there was a post on the DRF website (or social media) of the CP Family decorating their Christmas tree.

No, they had a meeting where a photo from the meeting is posted, and also recently there was a post on the DRF website (or social media) of the CP Family decorating their Christmas tree.

They were also at the Council of State with Christian. This is a pretty typical December for them. Things get quiet with the holiday. And again, what a lovely video of the entire CP family decorating the tree. All looked happy and relaxed.

Last edited:
"The Royal House's head of communications Lene Balleby confirms that Crown Princess Mary and the Crown Prince couple's youngest children, Prince Vincent, 12, and Princess Josephine, 12, have gone on a long-planned trip to Australia to visit family.

She also informs BILLED-BLADET that Crown Prince Frederik and Princess Isabella, 16, will join the family later due to official commitments and some of the children's schooling.

Prince Christian, 18, is not traveling to Australia this time, as he is in 3rd grade. and has to look after his school."

Frederik is currently in Dubai for the COP28 and then is regent until the 10th. The Queen is currently abroad (usually in London for Christmas shopping)
https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige/danmark/kronprinsesse-mary-overrasker-er-rejst-til-australien

I know Mary's nephew is getting married soon, I wonder if that isn't the main reason for the trip.

"The Royal House's head of communications Lene Balleby confirms that Crown Princess Mary and the Crown Prince couple's youngest children, Prince Vincent, 12, and Princess Josephine, 12, have gone on a long-planned trip to Australia to visit family.

She also informs BILLED-BLADET that Crown Prince Frederik and Princess Isabella, 16, will join the family later due to official commitments and some of the children's schooling.

Prince Christian, 18, is not traveling to Australia this time, as he is in 3rd grade. and has to look after his school."

Frederik is currently in Dubai for the COP28 and then is regent until the 10th. The Queen is currently abroad (usually in London for Christmas shopping)
https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige/danmark/kronprinsesse-mary-overrasker-er-rejst-til-australien

That's nice that she is visiting family now given she and the rest of the family are spending Christmas in Denmark. Sounds like Frederik and Isabella will join them next week.

Also, as her father is getting older and he is not really traveling to DK anymore she may want to take every chance to be able to go spend time with him.

Too bad Christian can't make it this time, but understandable with school.

I wonder if they will have a chance to catch up with Nikolai while there?

I had wondered why Mary was not stepping in as Head of State and now we know. A long planned trip to Australia to visit family. And given that the twins are traveling with her, they had to have arranged it with their schools in order to miss some time (I don't believe they are yet out for the holidays). So, it is not like they can be yanked out of school at a moment's notice.

Last edited:
Not surprised. John Donaldson hasn't been able to travel to Denmark for a few years. I'm sure it means a great deal to the family to spend the Holidays with him.

As I posted when this first broke before, Frederik's recklessness in putting himself at risk, with ZERO security for a time, a future King, IN a foreign Country, no less, is simply astounding. In these increasingly dangerous and unstable times. Man, can you imagine if he had been kidnapped ?

The Video doesn't lie. He IS solo, WAITING to get picked up. And the leg -foot signal is comedy gold. So he could be identified, I'm guessing ?
Why didn't Frederik CALL from inside, then stand by window to await the car ?

I wonder who is hurt the most with trust broken more ? QMll, that her 55 year old Son and Heir displayed such appallingly bad judgement and reckless behavior ? Or Princess Mary, again such utter carelessness and irresponsible actions ? Frederik displayed zero thought for ANY implications, and yes, the "optics" or repercussions. To his Wife, Family or his Position.

Well, he has to face them now.

Give me a break, the whole thing seems preposterous, couldn't make it up. Like something out a a parody skit, like the UK TVShow, The Windsors.

No one would have cared about them going to The Exhibit, Dinner, or seeing a Flamenco Dancers Show. It is what happened next that blew it open.

I agree with all of the above. (..) how humiliating for her to know the whole world is talking about it. I guess this is the ‘worse’ part of the classic marriage vow “for better or for worse”.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why did Princess May leave jet denmark after the Christmas tree comedy gold with her 2 Children.
Prince Frededik will join them in Australia with his eldest daughter for a couple of days and then the whole family back for the Queen's Christmas Event.
Now he is in Dubai . Has he a special Helicopter for his many trips ??

Why did Princess May leave jet denmark after the Christmas tree comedy gold with her 2 Children.
Prince Frededik will join them in Australia with his eldest daughter for a couple of days and then the whole family back for the Queen's Christmas Event.
Now he is in Dubai . Has he a special Helicopter for his many trips ??

Because she is visiting her family in Australia with her two youngest, who not attending high school, can easier skip a couple of weeks of class? A luxury their two oldest children can't afford.
Because her father is old and frail and it might unfortunately very well be the last time she will see him face to face?
Because Frederik is on the job in Dubai and also has to man the fort back in DK while QMII is doing her annual Christmas shopping in London and also visit the regiment for which she is honorary colonel.

Frederik hardly has a helicopter at his disposal. Anyway, he is probably flying in a chartered jet or one of the air force Challengers to and from Dubai - with government ministers.

A number of highly speculative and rude comments and replies to them have been deleted. The whole topic we are discussing since weeks now is speculative, that is the nature of the beast, but there is a limit to everything. Please stay respectful and refrain from bringing unfounded accusations into this thread. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom