CP Mary as Patron of The Christmas Seal Foundation (Julemærkefonden): 2005 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mary's breasts are a lot bigger but she is still very slender around the waist. So if she is pregnant it must be very early!

The scarf spoils it a bit ... Rest of the outfit looks good. Mary's face looks full and somehow streched as if she gained weight or stores too much water in her body ... signs of a pregnancy? Although I'd be thrilled I don't believe it as it's very close to Isabella's birth (and she'd be heavily pregnant at Joachim's wedding :rolleyes:) ... of course CP's have to produce some children but another pregnancy at this stage is like transforming into a breeding machine.

The scarf spoils it a bit ... Rest of the outfit looks good. Mary's face looks full and somehow streched as if she gained weight or stores too much water in her body ... signs of a pregnancy? Although I'd be thrilled I don't believe it as it's very close to Isabella's birth (and she'd be heavily pregnant at Joachim's wedding :rolleyes:) ... of course CP's have to produce some children but another pregnancy at this stage is like transforming into a breeding machine.

I don't think she is pregnant. She has a naturally athletic frame and I don't think she will ever regain the tiny figure she had back in her newlywed days. She still looks amazing anyways.:wub:

She is thin! But sometimes she wears such clothes and she seams not so thin. Wool swetters may cause that effect! She looks radiant but I think this was a soft event so she could speak with people in a more natural and non stress way!:)

You can see a brief summery of the purpose of the foundation here ::Julemærket: English summary::. The first christmas seal came in 1904 and is said to be the first of its kind in the world - the idea being that if people paid a small amount for an extra stamp when they sent a letter, the amount earned from this voluntary postage should be used on children in need. At first it was used for children with tuberculosis but it has supported many causes through the years.
My mother says that when she was a child undenourished children could be sent to one of the Christmas Seal Foundation's homes for a period. Nowadays, I think that they treat overweight children as well - and that the focus is on children with social and psychological problems.
The foundation (which receives very few public funds) has also supported various causes, for example the fight against tuberculosis amongst children in Greenland.

The stamps are made by various artists; queen Margrethe has been behind it a couple of times.
According to the foundation's website, around 3 billion christmas stamps have been sold since it's beginning.
Recently, they have introduced e-stamps as well since many people have changed from the traditional christmas card to electronic cards.

To me, the Christmas stamp is one of the first sign of Christmas :)

Thanks for the informations. So I understand it right: They both have the same intention.

All can be possible, because when you are royal you must look fine in any circumstances. But afterall she looked great and really more relaxed than usual. And I think that this event is great too even there are so much time for Christimas!

All can be possible, because when you are royal you must look fine in any circumstances. But afterall she looked great and really more relaxed than usual. And I think that this event is great too even there are so much time for Christimas!

Funny! That is just what I meant. She doesn't look relaxed. She looks like having a bad headache. Glassy eyes and a forced smile...
But these are just photos... I didn't saw her "acting".

Last edited:
Who is the woman in grey behind Mary in this photo? She appears in many of the other photos taken at this event (usually behind Mary). Is she a lady-in-waiting?

Who is the woman in grey behind Mary in this photo? She appears in many of the other photos taken at this event (usually behind Mary). Is she a lady-in-waiting?

Do you mean the lady behind Princess Mary in this picture:
Se billederne - dr.dk/Regioner/Sjælland/Billedserier

If so, it is indeed Princess Mary's other lady-in-waiting, Tanja Doky. It's not very clear but she is wearing a blue ribbon with Princess Mary's monogram on her left shoulder signifying that she is the lady-in-waiting.

Thank you, Ayvee! She is indeed the woman I was asking about. I did not notice the blue ribbon until you mentioned it. Now I am able to see it.

Although this is a rather informal event I think her outfit is too informal, maybe for a weekend in the country with her family but not for a formal event!!She really failled for the first time! She could be dress not to formal but in a chique way!

I think it's the boots that have let the whole outfit down, (and the walking jacket but without that on she looks alright) but, if she had worn a pretty little pair of black flatties, it would have been ok. IMO.
I always love what Mary wears but today, to this event, :ermm:

She has dressed to play and interact with the children. IF you see how they are dressed, she is dressed on the same level. Which is a good thing. She is interacting with them.

We don't have a monarchy in my country anymore Though if we would still have one I would be proud if we could have her!!!

Add to this the pictures from Uganda I know why I would love to have her as my crown princess.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do children live at this facility? What does this charity do?

Do children live at this facility? What does this charity do?
It offers children in need a sort of rest period of about 10 weeks where they are away from whatever problems they may have in their home environment. The foundation was founded in 1904 and initially cared for malnourished children and children with other problems prevalent at the time. Today, a number of overweight children also go the these places - often because they are mobbed at school and need a respite and learn how to tackle their problems.

The world's first christmas seals were made for the benefit of these homes and the christmas seal is still very much a widespread Christmas tradition in Denmark :)

The world's first christmas seals were made for the benefit of these homes and the christmas seal is still very much a widespread Christmas tradition in Denmark :)

Today you can bye them not only as paper christmas seal but also as "e-christmas seals" and clip them into your e-mail during the month of december. It is the postal service of Denmark who develop, produce an sell the christmas seal on behalf of the foundation and they can be bought here as well:

http://www.julemaerket.dk/index.php?id=481
(The page is from last years sales. It woun't be updated before late november)

QMII has illustrated the christmas seal twice .

I wish that we had something like this operating here. It is a fantastic operation and all those involved should be commended.

I think Mary dresses down so the children will feel more comfortable approaching her, or her approaching them. I am sure they are very nervous with her there anyway. She seems to always know what is right for whatever she is attending. I think she has a much better idea of what to wear than we on the outside looking in.

I think she has a much better idea of what to wear than we on the outside looking in.

That, is a very good point.

Today The Crown Princess wil attend the Presentation of the Christmas Seal 2008, at 1pm in Restaurant Grøften (same place that last year) in Tivoli.
I´m just unpatience to see the new seal desing.

Today The Crown Princess wil attend the Presentation of the Christmas Seal 2008, at 1pm in Restaurant Grøften (same place that last year) in Tivoli.
I´m just unpatience to see the new seal desing.

These are the new designs, Christmas sealshere and for the special seals here

Last edited:
Mary looks beautiful as always! Does anyone know who the children are that Mary poses with in the Madeline Glindorf gallery?

Thank you Paty for the pictures. These pictures remind me of the pictures taken last year at the event. Mary looks wonderful, love the hair and outfit, not too dressed up nor dressed down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom