Christening of Sverre Magnus - March 4, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fussy little Royal!

Source: www.hola.es

Prince Sverre Magnus is not happy at his christening!:(

qsp3cg.jpg

kwanfan said:
Mette-Marit isn't wearing all black. She's wearing a black and white combonation.

Sorry I meant black skirt, blazer, tights, hairband etc I should have excluded the white blouse, but perhaps that made the outfit look even worse IMO.

I still haven't managed to watch the video of Sverres christening. Reason: the colors are all wrong and warped, lots of neon. Has this happened to any of you? If yes, what advice can you give me?

Thanks!

There has been much discussion of the outfits worn by the younger women at the Norwegian christening, but has anyone commented on Queen Sonja? Pictures taken after the christening, when she'd removed her jacket, revealed a beautiful orange blouse that went well with her cream skirt. Great colors for her. I thought she was the best-dressed woman there.

I really don't know why, but Queen Margrethe, and her extreme fur, gave me an impression of a royal from the 1500s, majestetical. (I'm thinking about paintings of Henry VIII or Elizabeth I in terms of how she's regally dressed ;))

Black

Hendrik-Jan77 said:
Did princess Máxima think that she had to attend a funeral????!!!! :eek:
I totally agree. Thought a christening would be a happy occation, but look at Maxima and Mette Marit. They were both in black!!!!:eek: Maxima is normally wearing light colored clothes, so why black now!?!?!?:confused: And can sombody please please please please please tell Mette Marit that there are other colors to choose between!!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven’t seen the clips from Sverre's Christening but by the way you wonderfully made the coverage of it I’m starting to feel dressed too casual to attend :D

For now I have the feeling that I appreciated better Ingrid-Alexandra Christening but I would like to point some considerations about what I like and don't like…
  • The Baby - a Winner (one should participate at his own christening and, oh boy, he did!)
The previous photos released to press, for ex. through Hello magazine, don’t make justice to the boy, he is gorgeous… even crying his features remains perfect…

• The Bride… excuse me, the mother
This is not a fashion show but these pictures will be there forever and she could have done an extra effort. I really like the outfit, but with that stockings?! In some pictures she looks a nun.

Also, will someone give Mette-Marit some vitamines before these events? She looks stressed, bored and sometimes she holds her baby like she was carrying a package…

• Award “How to steal a show and being unnoticed?!”
Crown Princess Maxima definitely.

She was... WOW... elegant, royal, and very much in her role of godmother.
However she seemed a little lost without her husband. One thing is to get along great with Sverre's parents, other is to be at an event where they will be handful and she will be “left alone”…

• Award “Great outfit, great pose, bad idea”
For CP Mary of Denmark.
She wore a wonderful outfit and her best mood, we can see her natural pose and smile when cameras aren’t looking ;) , but I didn't like the head-piece for two reasons: one is quite selfish :eek: – I would prefer to keep in mind the headpiece she used at her son’s christening, repeating a striking piece as this makes it less special somehow; the other I don’t like the effect fur neck + fur head and her hair in between. With that outfit, without or with a different headpiece or with her hair up she would WOW…

• Rosario Nadal, Princess of Preslav

She is one of my favourite royal ladies, but I would like that she surprised me in any way. That girlish look is starting to bore, and her expressions are always the same… How can a person repeat everything all the time, the pose, the non-smile, the hair… I am glad she brought hubby along, this guy just bright a room (oh stay still heart:rolleyes: )

• Sis and Bro
It’s official! The big brother role suits very well to Marius:) .

Ingrid-Alexandra – to be honest I am starting to miss her pink colour outfits:D . Now she is into the bluish mood and all her pictures look alike. I don’t know if it is a cultural thing but couldn’t the parents dress her in a more joyful way?! The pale cutis, the pale dress, the pale role make the future Queen of Norway look… too pale.

• Elegance Award – The two + one grannies
The more I see pictures of the grandmothers the more I love their smooth and elegant choices. I will include Queen Margareth in this award. These three ladies were the epithome of elegance at this event.

• Award - Best Idea
The idea behind the candle light scene

Sweet, sweet, sweet - Still, I would have preferred if a grown-up (a non-royal godmother for instance) hold the main candle, the little ones would light theirs from it and pass the candles to Marius who would place it correctly and without accidents:(

• Award - Bad Idea
The guest disposal

The way they disposed the main seating look as if too many people showed up without being invited.

• Award - When too little is too litle and too much is too much

CP Victoria of Sweden pony tail look “I wish I was younger!” makes me want to scream but you are, dear, you are:cool:, so why don't you cheer up a little, dress in that mood, and keep the pony tail and glasses at home?!

Martha-Louise likes to impress, to dress her own way and I love that. But this hat is away too much, and if you are bringing your kids along forget it, there is no way you can take care of them and still take care of that hat properly:eek:

Once again, thank you all :) !

Regards,
mtbcm

p.s. - Purple_platinum I love your new avatar!

purple_platinum said:
wouldn't it be cute if both Mette-Marit & Ingrid Alexandra go in matching 'blue' for Sverre's christening?

ps. i know MM is pregnant back then, but the outfit is very gorgeous..and she looks dashing in it.

(photos are from ANP, scanpix, anb)

Yes! agree with you, I know black is slimming and also elegant but Mette Marit wears it all the time! She wore it for the photosession with Sverre, the photosession with Ingrid Alexandra. She always looks like she's going to a funeral, I wish she would wear more color. She did look beautiful in the blue.

mtbcm said:
I haven’t seen the clips from Sverre's Christening but by the way you wonderfully made the coverage of it I’m starting to feel dressed too casual to attend :D

For now I have the feeling that I appreciated better Ingrid-Alexandra Christening but I would like to point some considerations about what I like and don't like…

What a wonderful resumée of Sverre's Christening, mtbcm! :D I completely agree about Mette-Marit.

I'm sorry if this was already answered but does anyone knows why the Crown Princes of Belgium didn't attend? Thanks in advance.

Thanks everyone for your lovely pictures and your participation in this beautiful event. I watched the live NRK feed while moderating and I enjoyed the candle-lighting event. I applaud the Norwegian Royal Family for involving the younger members in the ceremony. It is a beautiful way for the young and innocent ones to welcome the youngest member into the family.

More pictures from dpa.

All the kids are so cute. Maud and Leah are adorable and I liked how they attacked their mums hat. IA is adorable and a naughtey girl. She seems very independent and strong headed. Good qualities for a monarch. I didnt like the dark outfits and the fact that the chapel is a bit gloomy didnt help. I loved Marys outfit and her headpiece. I must be one of the few who loves her head pieces. Margerth was a very dramatic nordic queen. I cant see a full pic of Rosarios outfit. Maxima was elegant. M-M should have been more bright but I did like her head peice. Sverre was wailing. The poor boy and people sitting next to him. All the kids were adorable and stole the show. I liked when the lit up the candles. Maud is such a cutie.

Rosario and Kyril are such an striking match, they are much more elegant than many couples of the reigning houses:)

Does anybody know what Mette-Marit said when she went up to the podium? Is there a video? Thanks!:)

I know that I'm probably in the minority, but I liked CP Mary's outfit & hat. Her hat is definately a throwback to old Hollywood. I can't think of too many women that could pull off a hat of that kind. I think she has a great sense of style.

why princes and princess have to have godparents?
what do they do for their godchildren?

I just finishing watching the christening on NRK...it's a simple and beautiful ceremony. I had a good laugh (like everyone else) over the IA's battle wif the candles...it was amusing to watch her antics...she shows a strong character and iron will...independent. Very adorable!

Eliza said:
I just finishing watching the christening on NRK...it's a simple and beautiful ceremony. I had a good laugh (like everyone else) over the IA's battle wif the candles...it was amusing to watch her antics...she shows a strong character and iron will...independent. Very adorable!

I loved the cermony. The episode with the candle was very funny. But what I liked most, was Ingrid Alexandra crowling all around the place dut\ring the cereomny! It was so funny! And I loved that Sverre was crying. I mean I didn't like that he was uncomfortable or something but he acted as most of normal babies do, crying!;) And Marius is such a sweet elder brother!
I agree that the colours could be brighter. But again, the ceremony was lovely. It was a very much family affair.

HRHAmy said:
Does anybody know what Mette-Marit said when she went up to the podium? Is there a video? Thanks!:)
Mette-Marit read three passages from the bible

Matthew chapter 5, verse 43-44, Matthew chapter 7 verse 7-8, Ephesians 3 v 14-17

She read one of the Norwegian versions, but I've found them in English from King James' version of the Holy Bible:

St. Matthew 5:
43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbor, and hate thine enemy.
44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

St. Matthew 7:
7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
8 for every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

The Epistle of Paul the Apostle to the Ephesians 3:
14 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
15 of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,
16 that he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
17 that Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love

Balou said:
I totally agree. Thought a christening would be a happy occation, but look at Maxima and Mette Marit. They were both in black!!!!:eek: Maxima is normally wearing light colored clothes, so why black now!?!?!?:confused: And can sombody please please please please please tell Mette Marit that there are other colors to choose between!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maxima her clothes were dark brown and not black. i think it's looks elegant!

Lena said:
Thanks to all, who have posted pictures. A wonderful baptism...with a crying baby (just as it has to be :D ), nice gestures and a very natural Royal family.
Fashion-wise a little bit more colour wouldn´t have been bad...the long and dark winter represents these colours enough.

My favourite scene was, when Ingrid tried to fix a candle, burnt herself a bit and as "revenge" she tried to blow the candles out. Judging the faces, I´m not the only one, who considers it as funny :D
Since NRK-stream buffers and stops a lot, I downloaded it and cut the little scene out:
http://s48.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2KQTSK9PMPO1R2665JE5H0IQOI

Sven O. got ill? Maybe a press message "Sven O. Høiby is a pain in the ass and therefore not invited to the family pictures" would have sounded more plausible ;)
Well, I hope I´m not kidding about a serious thing, but since I can´t remember having him seen in the pics to Ingrid´s baptism, I assume this is an excuse

Beautiful that little stream of Ingrid!:p

Jang said:
why princes and princess have to have godparents?
what do they do for their godchildren?

Everyone who is baptised, royalty or not,has godparents... :eek: what do you mean by that?!

Regards,
mtbcm :)

mtbcm said:
p.s. - Purple_platinum I love your new avatar!
thanks, mtbcm... ;)

some of my favorite moments from the christening :

qxujx1.jpg

qxulbp.jpg

(photos from hola.es)

My favourite moment was also the candle scene, I wonder how many times they practiced it, during that you could also see Maxima waving and making faces to Sverre over Haakons shoulder, granted in the middle of a prayer but still a nice touch

Many Thanks to Lena for downloading the NRK clip for me, here are the screen caps of the whole candle scene also including Maud Angelica and Märtha Louise. I noticed in all pics Ingrid Already appear a little taller than Maud even if Maud is many months older, but both Haakon an Mette-Marit is much taller than Ari and Märtha who are both quite smal

Last edited:
those photos are lovely, larzen. i loved this one of mette marit kissing ingrid. it's so sweet. http://img104.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=33433_Untitled_TrueColor_14.jpg

i still couldn't see the candle scene! the day of the christening i saw how ingrid got angry with marius when he lighted the candle and took care of her not to burn :) i will try to see it in the video of nrk, since the one posted here takes very long to load.

i wonder why everyone was laughing in this picture: may it be because of ingrid trying to blow the candles? http://img101.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=33419_Untitled_TrueColor_11.jpg

Thank you everyone for all the pictures.

Sverre is an adorable baby mashallah. A real sweetie pie.

Maxima and Rosario both looked absolutely lovely.

Back
Top Bottom