Marius Høiby and Prince Sverre Magnus News & Current Events Part 1: January 2022-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Haakon and Mette-Marit with Ingrid and Sverre lives in the main and historic house of Skaugum. On the farm property which is almost 1000 dekar there are twelve other houses/appartments which are rented out to staff and others, and I belive 3 ukrainian refugees lives in one of them. Most of theese houses lie quite a distance from the main building which is guarded/fenced. It is one of theese houses Marius is living in now. The house he is staying i. is 164 m2 according to vg.

https://www.dagens.no/nyheter/norsk-kongehus-drama-poserer-med-hvitt-pulver-paa-instagram

Posing with white powder on Instagram

In the photo you can see that she has something in her hand. What a girl.

The photo is from 12th february

Interesting. Considering that within the country, the most-criticized elements of Mette-Marit Tjessem Høiby and Ari Behn's respective backgrounds were their alleged habitual use of illegal party drugs (even if the foreign press preferred to focus on Mette-Marit's single motherhood), I wonder how the public is reacting? Granted, is is not only over twenty years since Mette-Marit and Ari were accepted into the Royal Family, but Marius Borg Høiby is officially still a private citizen (albeit one who remains an official member of the Royal Family and living on royal property) and even if the couple were to marry one day, she would not become a princess.

It can be anything that she is holding in her hand. Although the setting may indeed make it probable it may be party drugs, they can easily state it is a case of honi soit qui mal y pense.

As she is a private person dating another private person I don't see why the Norwegian court would have to get involved. It is something for parents to worry about.

It can be anything that she is holding in her hand. Although the setting may indeed make it probable it may be party drugs, they can easily state it is a case of honi soit qui mal y pense.

As she is a private person dating another private person I don't see why the Norwegian court would have to get involved. It is something for parents to worry about.
No matter what, her childish posing is an embarressment!

Marius and Nora are on a holiday in Barbados
On Thursday morning at 05.00, the couple stood ready in front of the check-in at Gardermoen. At Se og Hør's photos the couple smiled and joked with acquaintances they met in the queue at the airport.
Nora told about the trip to Se og Hør in connection with Valentine's Day on 14 February. Then she and Marius were going out to eat together, but were mostly looking forward to their big exotic excursion.
- We are traveling to Barbados on 16 February, so we have actually forgotten a bit about Valentine's. But it's going well. Every day is the day of love, Nora said with a smile.
Nora Haukland og Marius Borg Høiby reiste vekk midt i stormen

Marius' current girlfriend must have been told by the royal family to keep a low profile. She hasn't posted anything on Instagram since February

Well, while the parents (Haakon and mother Mette-Marit) were away Marius threw a party at Skaugum and everybody end their kid brother wandered around residence taking photos and of course uploading these photos on the Net. Many of these published photos, apart from more or less intentionally showing areas that are private, also revealed GPS coordinates.
All that being considered a potential security risk.

- Well, I doubt kidnappers would walk around finding GPS spots if they were intruding. Floor plans would probably be much more interesting and useful.
And if someone plans an attack with cruise missiles, I think they would be able to locate Skaugum, even without these additional GPS coordinates. ;)

The next story is about Marius' girlfriend, Nora Haukland, who was apparently more than open about details about the relationship and the royals which she posted online, complete with photos. - All that to the extent that the Norwegian security police closed her site.

Thank you very much for the summary, Muhler.

Could someone please share the original article from VG? I cannot find it on their website.

It is a bit surprising that Marius Borg Høiby has not taken more precautions, and told his friends to follow suit, after all the controversies involving security breaches and/or partying that he and his girlfriend have been involved in before. (If the pictures had been obtained by hacking I doubt VG would have published them.)

The whole page screams it is clickbait, gossip, cheap juice and nothing else.

Given that at least some of the pictures were printed by VG, according to the article, I would not call photographic evidence "clickbait".

Exactly. "In Touch" is one of the worst tabloid magazines there is... Nothing to spend one minute on!

What does In Touch have to do with this? The link shared by rchainho clearly states it was VG that found and published the pictures.

According to VG nora and marius have break up. She has talked to the newspaper

https://www.nrk.no/nyheter/brudd-for-marius-borg-hoiby-og-nora-haukeland_-melder-vg-1.16473840

Her words on the instagram:

- Several of you have probably seen the news today that Marius and I have separated. Nothing feels right to write now, she writes on Instagram.

- It's always hard to let love go, but sometimes it's right.

She further writes that she is grateful for the relationship and the year they had together.

- There has been a lot of love and a lot of emotion. I am so happy for the support and love Marius and I have given each other. I look back on our memories with a smile and a heavy heart.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you have search for her name and find the address in the palace? I got it. Number 194 C, 1384 Asker.

Isn't it sad that nearly any royal has to have a boy-/gril-friend that is indiscreet on Social Media and the tabloids take it up? Well, at least PoW had a very discreet one!

On the occasion of the 18th birthday of Prince Sverre Magnus of Norway, the son of Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit, his grandparents King Harald V and Queen Sonja will host a luncheon at the Royal Palace on December 1.
In addition to the family, representatives from official Norway, youth organizations and sponsors are invited.

https://www.kongehuset.no/artikkel.html?tid=224351&sek=112472

To me, he greatly resembles his Great Grandfather King Olav. Genetics is *such* a funny thing.

On the occasion of the 18th birthday of Prince Sverre Magnus of Norway, the son of Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit, his grandparents King Harald V and Queen Sonja will host a luncheon at the Royal Palace on December 1.
In addition to the family, representatives from official Norway, youth organizations and sponsors are invited.

https://www.kongehuset.no/artikkel.html?tid=224351&sek=112472

Thank you for posting this. Interesting that social organizations will also be invited; so despite his aunt leaving patronage duties completely behind, Sverre Magnus is still being set up to be an active part-time royal.

Thank you for posting this. Interesting that social organizations will also be invited; so despite his aunt leaving patronage duties completely behind, Sverre Magnus is still being set up to be an active part-time royal.

Princess Märtha Louise leaving patronage duties completely behind is because of the professional and personal choices she's made herself not because of a plan created by the court.

also with his mom not being a 100% makes sense to have spare hands around

to help out.

Yeah, I have to agree, I think Marius will follow in the footsteps of Princess Astrid and Princess Martha-Louis(before her personal/professional choices took her away from royal duties). However, I also believe they will allow the Prince to leave behind any royal duties as well if he so chooses in the future. But like others said ,with CPM-M unwell, the royal house could use an extra helping hand.

On a side note, he really is the reincarnation of King Olav. Such a handsome, sweet Prince.

I wonder if Q Maxima will attend the lunch in her role as godmother.

I think they are preparing Magnus for a future to help out with at least some royal engagements… At least part-time to avoid Haakon from becoming completely alone at the palace…

Ingrid is the heir and will need time for preparations, and won’t be available all the time…

Both Princess Astrid Mrs Ferner and Princess Christina Mrs Maguson has shown that it’s perfectly possible to have some patronages and help out with formal representation, despite not being H.R.H.

Last edited:
Princess Märtha Louise leaving patronage duties completely behind is because of the professional and personal choices she's made herself not because of a plan created by the court.

True, but in other royal families "innocent" family members have been demoted to some degree in order to soften the exclusion of others who have been demoted due to their own choices (e.g. Spain, UK).

True, but in other royal families "innocent" family members have been demoted to some degree in order to soften the exclusion of others who have been demoted due to their own choices (e.g. Spain, UK).
Isn't that in some way the case for Sverre Magnus as well? He was never made a royal highness despite his aunt (and greataunts) being born as a royal highness and only later demoted to a 'mere' princess upon her controversial marriage (it seems the Norwegian royals prefer controversial marriages :whistling:). Of course, her aunts also lost their style of royal highness upon their marriage but they were never in line to the throne unlike Märtha Louise.

Back
Top Bottom