The Princess of Wales's Eveningwear Part 1: September 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why does Kate have to order same dresses but different colours surely her stylist can find something different she has this dress in green and crown Princess Mary has this same dress and colour

Oh wowwwww....stunning!:ohmy:

I agree. Perfect on her. She should purchase in every color available. I am also glad that she didn't wear in a vibrant color as then people would claim she was trying to outshine the bride!

It's a lovely dress but my first thought it was a re-wear of a pink sparkly one she wore years ago, can't remember when, but i see it is not as it has more detail. Of the two dresses she wore for this occasion, I much preferred the earlier one in the garden, i thought it was just lovely.

Though i have to agree with some other posters who thought her makeup was a bit too heavy.

Great to see her wearing the chandelier earrings.

Wouldn't it have been nice to see a picture of Catherine and Beatrice together?

Why does Kate have to order same dresses but different colours surely her stylist can find something different she has this dress in green and crown Princess Mary has this same dress and colour

The royals walk a tight rope of finance, we all know they are mega rich but if they flaunt it with new designer dresses at every occasion they will be criticised. Do not get me wrong this is not a cheap dress but not a designer original and that is the difference.

She looked fabulous in both outfits, minor quibbles aside. Love seeing all the bling again on everyone. And I think her heavier makeup was in keeping with the makeup style women wear from that part of the world. Think of the bridal makeup of the Middle East, India, etc.

My sister wondered if she had done her own makeup instead of having a stylist. I remember when Catherine first got married she wore heavier makeup and very visible eyeliner. Maybe she did her own hair too and that's why no up-do.

In my opinion when wearing a tiara she should always opt for an upstyle. The dress was beautiful, but it accentuates her thinness.

I would never believe that the Princess of Wales, representing her country in an official royal event travels without staff and does her hair and makeup alone. Why not washing and ironing also?
Impossible.
I wouldn't also believe that they use a local professional, as this person does not know them and don't know their specificities, preferences or tastes.

Sent from my SM-A426B using The Royals Community mobile app

A very classy look, perfectly suited for this occasion, but l think she would have looked more elegant with an up do.

A really lovely emerald coloured dress ,just wasn't a fan of the hairstyle.

Didn't she have a similar green glittering dress from the vampires wife? Not a fans of the hairstyle too.

:previous:
I like this dress much better than the one from the Vampire's Wife; that is a bit garish, imo.

One sparkly royal to another. Sorry this is one that proves my usual dislike of sparkly dresses.

And three very similar green sequin dresses? she could have worn one of the other two. Vampire dress would have been less fancy then Packham for this.

Isn't it a bit like a less fancy version of her Jenny Packham?
The Jenny Packham is a full length gown, I suspect this one isn't. None of the other guests photographed on the evening were in gowns.

An amazing gown for the Princess of Wales for the South Korean banquet. Lovel the sleeves and the gloves.

https://twitter.com/home

Last edited:
I'm not sure how I feel about it yet, but I love the gloves.

When I first saw the picture wasn't too sure about it but it definitely has grown on me and I do love the gloves.

Love the dress, not sure about the shoulder detail. It distracts from the tiara

I like this quite a bit, shoulder detail, color, gloves and all. That's also a neckline that not everyone can wear, but it suits her beautifully.

I think the gown and gloves look lovely and very regal but I have to say in any photos I’ve seen her make up is awful. Too heavy and just not flattering.

I dont like this dress, the gloves and the shoulder thing a way to much. Its nice to see a new Tiara but the hairstyle doesnt work with the Tiara.

Back
Top Bottom