Queen Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 16: July 2020 - May 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Through the years I follow the SRF, I noticed that the Pasqua Militar is the occasion Letizia chooses to show sometimes that she is not at her place. Despite that the occasion apparently asks for longs skirts and official outfits, some years she appeared like a revolutionary rebel in full expression.. I remember some years with boots, Capri pants and the whole enveloped with a beige or Grey pashmina shawl, like if she went to picnic at the park.
This year, out of the shoes which are lovely, all the other outfit plus the grooming is really out of place.

You are confusing the Pascua Militar with other events of military academies. Letizia has never attended Pascua Militar with other clothes that are not the long dresses that the protocol marks, and it is the only military event with this dress code.

https://www.semana.es/casas-reales/...rioso-caso-modelo-caprile-20210105-002299648/

Through the years I follow the SRF, I noticed that the Pasqua Militar is the occasion Letizia chooses to show sometimes that she is not at her place. Despite that the occasion apparently asks for longs skirts and official outfits, some years she appeared like a revolutionary rebel in full expression.. I remember some years with boots, Capri pants and the whole enveloped with a beige or Grey pashmina shawl, like if she went to picnic at the park.
This year, out of the shoes which are lovely, all the other outfit plus the grooming is really out of place.
Letizia has never worn Capri pants and boots at Pascua Militar.

I don't care for this year's look at Pascua Militar. The shawl looks way too informal. I wished she wore something more elegant for the event. And even though I wouldn't wear that white blouse, it is in fact quite interesting (it has an exquisite design).

BTW, I loved all her grey-ish blue/blue/vivid blue outfits at Pascua Militar

It's a horrible outfit and Letizia does not look happy.

It is quite impossible to tell a person is happy or not without seeing their expression.

The blouse is lovely. I don't mind the shawl. I hope the skirt is either looser or tighter. An updos or even a simple ponytail is needed.

I get the notion that she wants to dress a bit more lowkey due to the pandemic, but this outfits come across a bit casual. She has a couple of simple long black gowns which may be a better option (the one she wore with Fleur de Lys?).

Wearing a long black gown to a day time event would defeat the purpose of a 'paired down' look due to the pandemic. Now if it was a formal evening event, a simple black gown would indeed be a paired down look.

I love the shall. Its beautiful. And it gives an extra look of sophistication outdoors to the look. Makes it look a bit more formal for that part.

I quite like the blouse and design of it.

My big complaint is the hairdo, or lack there of. An updo is needed here.

Letizia at the Pascua Militar today, January 6, wearing a Maksu blouse:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Full view ** Upper part ** Blouse **

Outfit is pretty low key and doesn't do the event justice, Letizia has much nicer outfits in the closet that could have been recycled.

And the hair, sigh. Putting your hair up doesn't cost any money but makes a much better look.
I agree with you about the hair, it's long and dark and drags her face down and hangs down over the rather different neckline of the short black cape (which I really like) which in turn drags down over a non-descript long black skirt. The effect minus the cape is no improvement at all. I like her shoes but all in all a dreary, drab, funereal ensemble which, judging by the gorgeous red of the only other lady present, was not the order of the day.

However, there are worse things than drab and dreary:

https://s.libertaddigital.com/2020/01/06/letizia-pascua-militar-int.jpg

Even the updo was a messy concoction.

I think this year the Queen choose an understated and muted outfit for Pascua Military - especially considering the events of 2020 and the death toll in Spain from Covid 19 I think the Queen choose a fitting option

It is quite impossible to tell a person is happy or not without seeing their expression.

The blouse is lovely. I don't mind the shawl. I hope the skirt is either looser or tighter. An updos or even a simple ponytail is needed.

I get the notion that she wants to dress a bit more lowkey due to the pandemic, but this outfits come across a bit casual. She has a couple of simple long black gowns which may be a better option (the one she wore with Fleur de Lys?).

No clue if she's happy or not but you can tell a lot by the expression in someone's eyes.:flowers:

Queen Letizia paid a working visit to the Fundación Telefónica Management Committee today, January 21, wearing her black COS dress again:

** Full view ** February 2020 **

Last edited:
Bit drab it needed a beaded necklace/better earrings or a lighter coloured top to lift the dark look.

Queen Letizia attended a meeting of the Strategic Council of the Project "Women and Engineering" today:

** gallery **

Queen Letizia attended a meeting of the Strategic Council of the Project "Women and Engineering" today:

** gallery **

I like the suit although it's hard to tell if it fits due to the coat/cape. The look overall is quite drab and dreary and no effort with her hair.

The suit looks a little too big on Letizia and the coat is really nice but I dislike them worn as a cape!

Terrible, the suit is too big and this strange habit to wear a coat as a cape.

Queen Letizia attended a working meeting of the Spanish Federation of Rare Diseases today, January 27:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Last edited:
Not crazy about the jacket maybe a different or lighter coloured jacket would have worked better.

Another terrible choice. I had hoped this oversize bathrobe style with a slit up to wherever would never see the light of day again.

At least queen Letizia made an effort with her hairstyle today unlike on January 6th :previous:

I like that blue gown more this time, it looks more fitting and less like a bathrobe actually.

A gorgeous shade of blue for Letizia but agree the gown looks a little like a bathrobe.

While its far from my favorite style, it hardly looks like a bath robe. Its a well fitted wrap dress. Now if it was ill fitting, or with a huge belt (or both) I would get the bathrobe vibe.

That said the only thing I like about it is the stunning shade of blue :flowers:

Her hair looks lovely as well from what I can see.

I really like the second full view picture. The color of blue and design of the dress really shows up. I also like the Queens hair up, rather then down with this dress. Blue is a very good color for the Queen.

Another terrible choice. I had hoped this oversize bathrobe style with a slit up to wherever would never see the light of day again.
Lovely shade of blue, love it :flowers: While I am no fan of the style of the dress, I don't think it looks like a bathrobe. I think my mom would freak out if I wore such a fancy and stylish bathrobe at home :lol::D

That's a really nice look on queen Letizia and I noticed the streaks of grey going through her hair, bravo Madam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom