Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie's Fashion & Style Part 10: May 2018 - May 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Missed a few looks before I even get to today.

The red and white is not my favorite. But she looks nice.

I love the beautiful blue evening gown. Positively stunning. Jewels and hair are fantastic :flowers:

I am in hat heaven with today's look. The hat and hair style are stunning. And the green dress is fabulous as well.

Not too sure about tonight's look. A bit underwhelming. But her style is fantastic.

She should buy her own clothes and not borrow anything else from her mil. The waist section looked good on mt, on Stephanie it is all expanded and she looks like a sausage, she doesn’t look too happy, like she knows it is bad. The green dress and hat were just perfect in every way down to the green feather in the hat.

My first post, have lurked for a long time, joined not to long ago, but...

look at the waists on the ladies.....a LOT of material to lengthen the skirt was added at the waist. Stephanie has SO much material wrapped around her waist that it looks awkward. I bet the skirt length has been dropped on Stephanie’s “new” look....but the obvious material length is on the waist! Stephanie is slender so the dress probably was taken in. A better remake may have been a tea length dress or perhaps shorter in front, longer in back since the dress has a train to it. Better yet, a new dress or one she already has. Back to lurking. Bye

I think once a dress has been altered for Stephanie/Alexandra/Tessy/etc., Maria Teresa no longer wants it. For this dress, more wrapping lengthened the torso and the bottom could be replaced with a longer skirt. White fabric isn't difficult to find. There's no print to line up or beading/embroidery to alter.

Unfortunately the additional wrapping made Stephanie appear thick.

Her lovely updo:
https://blobsvc.wort.lu/picture/b17...rtv3/c1c4262c954ddd9c5a02f7a5bc9c314db483ae12
https://blobsvc.wort.lu/picture/a8a...rtv3/16c67b4f50078161eff784178714875879dc6e39

Last edited:
My first post, have lurked for a long time, joined not to long ago, but...

look at the waists on the ladies.....a LOT of material to lengthen the skirt was added at the waist. Stephanie has SO much material wrapped around her waist that it looks awkward. I bet the skirt length has been dropped on Stephanie’s “new” look....but the obvious material length is on the waist! Stephanie is slender so the dress probably was taken in. A better remake may have been a tea length dress or perhaps shorter in front, longer in back since the dress has a train to it. Better yet, a new dress or one she already has. Back to lurking. Bye

I agree with your remarks MsJulie. Welcome to the Royal Forum and I hope you will come back soon!?

The best dressed Luxembourg Royal tonight,nice summery gown on Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie tonight for the concert.

The best dressed Luxembourg Royal tonight,nice summery gown on Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie tonight for the concert.
Completely agree! She looks lovely in the this flowery dress. Really nice colors and cut on her.

Máxima is over a decade older and looks more youthful when it comes to dress choices. I see no reason for Stephanie to wear the hand me downs from MT. Even though they are great dresses, they do nothing for her.

Stephanie's gown tonight is stunning.

Look at the bling on her neck!

LaRae

Poor girl! This family should allow her to have her own dresses.

:previous:
Perhaps ... the hand me downs on Luxembourg younger royal women are meant to demonstrate thriftiness. At the same time, the dress per se was not the best piece by Elie Saab. Hairstyle and jewllery were nice though.

Last edited:
Neither of these two dresses was flattering on Stephanie. She needs to ditch this upper body design.

Happy to see the bling though.

Last night's look was an example of why dresses recycled by other people often doesn't work out. Tonight though is a prime example of when it does.

This is an occasion when the gown actually looks much better on the second wearer. Maria Theresa it didn't flatter at all. It looked like she was shopping in her daughter's closet and not the other way around. It reminds me of a woman who lost a lot of weight and found their old prom dress and said 'wow look what I fit into again'. It looked way too young on her.

It looks beautiful on Stephanie. A lovely summer look on her. :flowers:

And wow on the stunning hair and the gorgeous jewels as well. ?

A more successful alteration but still doesn’t suit. MT wore both with the shoulder straps very wide or shoulders bare. Stephanie seems to wear both dresses with the shoulder straps as far in as possible. Her body language mist starting to worry me after almost six years in the public eye.

(..)
Even in her more successful outings like her stunning appearance at Cannes last year in that white gown and dripping jewels, she did not seem quite at ease.

Charlene of Monaco was once the same way. Motherhood was THE game changer for her. My hope-prayer actually- is that it will be the same for Stephanie.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stephanie is stunning and it is disappointing to see her in "hand me downs". Especially when they come from a lady who was unhappy with her own Mother in Law some years ago.

I, too, am perplexed as to why she wears hand-me-downs on such a consistent basis. Being thrifty is one thing —- but this has. Ie crosses into the strange territory.

JMHO —- but, I don’t think Stephanie is into being a royal and all that entails.

Once again —- JMHO!

Is the hat supposed to worn like this? It looks like a calot to me, which should've been worn at the back of the head, unlike like a percher?

I don't know what all they do, if they do more than what we see...but they don't seem to have huge amounts of engagements. The sharing of the clothing isn't so odd I guess, the Swedish (royal family) women do that too. Difference, to me, is that due to the height and different body types it doesn't seem like Stephanie would fit well into her mother in laws clothing.

(..)

The hat is definately a miss for me.

LaRae

(..)

That white dress is okay, but I do not like the hat at all.

Good send-off outfit. I remember seeing this dress on Paule Ka? Unfortunately, I can't find it right now. Will wait for Luxarazzi's fashion post. While not the best hat, I like the tilted placement and would love to see the dress without the belt.

(..)

She looks really nice, I, too, would like to see the dress without the belt.

A number of off-topic posts have been deleted. Please discuss fashion issues only, thank you!

Stephanie is stunning and it is disappointing to see her in "hand me downs". Especially when they come from a lady who was unhappy with her own Mother in Law some years ago.
I get the idea that Stephanie is not exactly a master shopper. It really doesn't seem to matter all that much. As to Maria Theresa, she is a very well loved mother-in-law to all her daughters in law. Having been so badly treated herself, she wants her family to be happy. I think that is why all of the women have worn their MIL's gowns. Stephanie just needs a stylist.

And then, of course, there was the return dinner', gorgeous floral chiffon in the must delicious colour imaginable. And doesn't it make our Stephanie look positively blooming?

https://scontent-yyz1-1.cdninstagra...9496_319185048612911_293132364060557312_n.jpg

(..)

That white dress is okay, but I do not like the hat at all.
I think the white dress is very flattering and the belt does work with the hat, however, I think the hat is set at the worst possible angle as opposed to the right one.

I really like the white dress. Very flattering, perfect for the day :flowers:

And I love the pop of yellow in the look. She looks great in bright colors.

But the hat is horrible. Reminds me of some retro flight attendant.

I find nice that daughter / daughters in law wear MT dresses, why not. They add their own freshness and beauty, why not ? Charlotte Casiraghi and Beatrice Borromeo worn Pcs Caroline's gowns and I don't remember bad comments. Why now is is not appreciated for Luxembourg ladies ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom