Charlotte Casiraghi, Dimitri Rassam & Family Current Events 44: May 2019 - Jan. 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how Charlotte always finds a way to incorporate her passion for philosophy and literature into her fashion world. She truly is a mecene and I agree with the point above, I hope Virginie emphases heritage and tradition more.

I am also truly glad that Charlotte pointed out that many new designers who join iconic Maison want to play with the code and reinvent them and whatnot. Forever distraught at what happened to YSL, Céline, Lanvin, Valentino and now Bottega Veneta...

Wonderful to get to see Charlotteand hear more from her

I hope her being a Chanel ambassador means no more Gucci or YSL. At least for the majority, considering she will be most likely to be contractually obliged to wear Chanel at major events.

Also, a much better fit. She has always been more of a Chanel girl.

I dont care for that pic of her. She is beautiful but her face looks odd in that one.

LaRae

Gorgeous!
She looks so much like the 80’s Caroline in them.

Agree on Chanel being a better fit for her. :flowers:

I do like that they went straight on with the legacy aspect/pedigree reason for having selected her--she talks about her mother and being born with Chanel, then says that the new Creative Director will stick to tradition. Instead of marketing her as self-made, or not addressing her pedigree (the way previous brands associated with Charlotte did), they zeroed in on part of what makes her special and how Chanel is what women with pedigree are born and grow up with. Now THAT is aspirational, and a truly different level of unattainable luxury.

Agreed. Every time she signed a deal with Montblanc, Gucci, YSL I always wondered why not Chanel? It’s just the perfect fit for her. Like she said, she was born with the brand. All those years wearing Chanel to the rose ball and national day events.. it’s the first brand that comes to my mind when I think of Charlotte and Caroline. I have to say I’m a bit disappointed with the shooting though.. not a fan of the 80s aesthetics

Agreed. Every time she signed a deal with Montblanc, Gucci, YSL I always wondered why not Chanel? It’s just the perfect fit for her. Like she said, she was born with the brand. All those years wearing Chanel to the rose ball and national day events.. it’s the first brand that comes to my mind when I think of Charlotte and Caroline. I have to say I’m a bit disappointed with the shooting though.. not a fan of the 80s aesthetics

I think the photos are wodnerful. The best photos of Charlotte i've seen in years... Maybe different photographers, different results, who knows... As for the fact of her not having signed with Chanel until now, has, maybe, precisely to do with the fact that P. Caroline and Karl Lagerfeld having such a special friendship. Now, Lagerfeld is not, unfortunatelly, with us anymore, so the idea of Charlotte «succeeding» to P. Caroline as a Chanel egerie makes much more sense. Plus, the project includes an intelectual side, and Chanel, as any other company looking for profit, went for the « top socialite philosophist » ( whatever that means... ) of them all: HSH P. Albert's niece, of course... Brains, beauty and dolce vita, voilà! :flowers:

she is a beautiful woman but has no talent as a model. That has always been evident. This production is the best. Why she is doing this has always mystified me.

:previous: We can safely assume that she is being paid very well...and that is why.:cool:

I think the photos are nice enough, I'm not bowled over. I've always maintained that Charlotte is one of those lucky few who look the best walking the streets of Paris in very chill, casual clothes, fresh-faced, windblown hair. That's always been her thing. I've always wondered why there's something missing in her posed photos--she looks beautiful, yes, but it's obvious that's not her personality. Now with the philosophy projects, it makes sense. She's a bluestocking "forced" to be a model or "princess" because of her face and pedigree...honestly, what a fun dilemma to have. ;)

I wish her photoshoots were based around the actual events she'll be organizing, so that they're less posed...

Anyhoo my favorite look though is the one from the video/interview launch, where she wore Chanel tweed with jeans. That look I thought suited her perfectly.

:previous: They are still first and foremost fashion shoots. Chanel is using these photographs to sell their clothes, not to promote Charlotte as some humanitarian. Yes there is a working angle to the photos, but for Channel the main goal is showcasing their clothes.

More casual photos emphasizing her work instead, would defeat the purpose for Chanel.

:previous: It wouldn't be an emphasis on her work at all, but a showcase of the collection worn in action by their spokesperson. That has always been the special added value of personalities (royals, celebrities) who are not professional models in selling clothes, or why they sometimes get picked over models as endorsers. They're a different level of aspirational because they have incredible lives and look fabulous. The outfits they wear, whether out on the streets or in formal events, often sell out.

If Chanel simply wanted fashion photoshoots, there are a ton of other models who would look more comfortable and convincing in front of the camera.

Big fan of Charlotte, obviously, but she is not a model.

Last edited:
:previous: We can safely assume that she is being paid very well...and that is why.:cool:

Obviously. Isn't she already an incredibly wealthy woman though?

I don't understand how somebody who can barely look at a camera without appearing sulky or impatient at the least feels the need to have such an association. In no way does she strike me as someone who enjoys the limelight. Maybe I'm missing something though?

:previous: Charlotte is from one of the wealthiest families in Europe, but I have long suspected that rumours of her personal fortune have been greatly exaggerated.

She probably draws some income from a trust. But Charlotte leads a very expensive lifestyle. With three homes (Barbizon, Paris, Monaco) to maintain. She apparently no longer competes on the show jumping circuit but maybe she still keeps her horses. They are costly to maintain as well.

Her husband is fairly successful but Charlotte did not marry into massive wealth like her brother Andrea.

Every little bit helps, I am sure.:cool:

Wow, I love these photos (except the black leather one)! And like everybody else I say it's about time. My favorite photo of Charlotte as a teenager was when she wore that adorable white Chanel classic dress (link here: https://www.vogue.co.uk/celebrity-photos/gallery/charlotte-casiraghi-style ) She was at the epic of her beauty there ~ young, fresh faced, dewey, innocent ~ throwback to the movie "Gigi". And needless to say she's a carbon copy of her mother, Princess Caroline, in looks. In fact, I originally thought these were old photos of Caroline, lol. Alas, it makes sense that Charlotte represents Chanel at this stage in her life - married, mother of two, mid-30's - the last hurrah before middle-age sets in. Might as well enjoy the last vestiges of youth before it disappears all together. And just like her mother before her, she was blessed with natural good looks. But unlike her mother, Charlotte doesn't exude that natural self-confidence, and it shows. Rather, she's reserved, shy, and unassuming. She doesn't like the limelight, thus I feel this is for Monaco and her mother, and the late Karl Lagerfeld. :)

:previous: It wouldn't be an emphasis on her work at all, but a showcase of the collection worn in action by their spokesperson. That has always been the special added value of personalities (royals, celebrities) who are not professional models in selling clothes, or why they sometimes get picked over models as endorsers. They're a different level of aspirational because they have incredible lives and look fabulous. The outfits they wear, whether out on the streets or in formal events, often sell out.

If Chanel simply wanted fashion photoshoots, there are a ton of other models who would look more comfortable and convincing in front of the camera.

Big fan of Charlotte, obviously, but she is not a model.

Is it why Angelina Jolie is chosen to model and not some beautiful girl off the street? Yes. Do they do photo shoots of her wearing their designer suits while she is helping charities? Or acting on set? No. She is in photo shoots like every other model out there. Just a photo shoot of someone famous, and not just a model, brings in more buyers.

Zara Philips gets sponsorship deals. Do they do photo shoots of her riding horses and mucking stalls in their gear? No. They do normal photo shoots of her like they would do with any model. Same with Charlotte.

If you get paid to do a photo shoot for a clothing brand, you are a model. Maybe not a good one, but that is what she is doing. They aren't paying her to be a philosopher. They are paying her to sell their clothes.

Charlotte is from one of the wealthiest families in Europe, but I have long suspected that rumours of her personal fortune have been greatly exaggerated.

She probably draws some income from a trust. But Charlotte leads a very expensive lifestyle. With three homes (Barbizon, Paris, Monaco) to maintain. She apparently no longer competes on the show jumping circuit but maybe she still keeps her horses. They are costly to maintain as well.

Her husband is fairly successful but Charlotte did not marry into massive wealth like her brother Andrea.

Every little bit helps, I am sure.

She may very well be extremely rich, or not rich at all. Her choosing to model is little reflection of that.

There are plenty of aristocrats and non-reigning royals with huge trust funds/estates who still work every day. It keeps them busy. Yeah I guess they could choose to dedicate their time to strictly charity but they don't. They choose to work.

If she was working at an art gallery instead of as a spokesmodel, I doubt anyone would blink.

Is it why Angelina Jolie is chosen to model and not some beautiful girl off the street? Yes. Do they do photo shoots of her wearing their designer suits while she is helping charities? Or acting on set? No. She is in photo shoots like every other model out there. Just a photo shoot of someone famous, and not just a model, brings in more buyers.

Zara Philips gets sponsorship deals. Do they do photo shoots of her riding horses and mucking stalls in their gear? No. They do normal photo shoots of her like they would do with any model. Same with Charlotte.

If you get paid to do a photo shoot for a clothing brand, you are a model. Maybe not a good one, but that is what she is doing. They aren't paying her to be a philosopher. They are paying her to sell their clothes.

On first paragraph, I'm pretty sure some marketing professional can better answer why non-professional models get chosen over professional models as endorsers of brands, so I won't beleaguer that point.

I've never insisted that Chanel promote Charlotte as what you said, "some humanitarian" so you misunderstand me there. I also never said there shouldn't be a photoshoot. I did, however, question the concept of the photoshoot, which to me felt flat and inorganic. Zara Philipps may not have been in a photoshoot mucking stalls, but Charlotte, when she was more or less in the equestrian world, was actually shot several times wearing luxury clothing with horses and in the stalls. That's the kind of visual connectedness between endorser, environment and brand I'm referring to. No one is arguing Chanel needs to sell clothes, the question is whether they're able to or not with the way they advertise.

After the launch video, which was really more on the mark, the glossy, disconnected shoot came as a bit of a surprise especially after she said she wanted to be more than a brand ambassador but a spokesperson. There could have been a way to tie it all together, and yes, with a photoshoot front and center.

Anyway not directly related but back in the day there was that photoshoot of a model made to look like Charlotte as shot by paparazzi and in event photos. That was interesting, and I think that spread touched on what exactly is her appeal, and how she looks most beautiful and coolest when unposed.

According to his Instagram, Dimitri is shooting in Sydney Australia... I wonder if charlotte’s there with him but I guess we would’ve heard by now

Why only these VIP-s were invited? Only 4-5 people?

I really do like the campaign shots. It's like a shoot Caroline would have done years ago, but with a modern lens.

:previous: Charlotte is from one of the wealthiest families in Europe, but I have long suspected that rumours of her personal fortune have been greatly exaggerated.

Every little bit helps, I am sure.:cool:

I assume she will inherit a massive trust fund though. The Monaco royals are one of the wealthiest royals. Also Charlotte would probably get anything for free since she is of royal lineage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom