The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 28: January 2020 - October 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I loathe the headband, but a nice coat. The style and print of the dress is indeed matronly and I wish she would wear less of these vintage dresses .

Great coat on Kate - though she has many green coats, why the need for another that is similar to others she owns. The thrifty me is wanting her to recycle coats more - change up accessories, wear different dresses under but PLEASE Kate just start recycling your coats more frequently

The dress - awful. Probably single handedly the worst dress I have ever seen her wear. The pattern is too busy, the frills, cross over and buttons are all too much. I prefer Kate in clean, crisp and simple lines. Please bin this dress never to be seen again

Is this a new headband??? Or the one she wore to the 100th anniversary of WW1 service in Westminster Abbey???

She loves her military style buttons! I like the colour very much and the shorter length is a welcome change.

Here's what the Duchess of Cambridge wore under her coat today:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Last edited:
Yes I agree, it’s a much younger looking and business style Duchess today. I much prefer it when she cuts out the frills and other ornamentation. I like her hair straight too.

:previous:
I have clothes older than that! :lol:

But I really like the cream coat; it's a relief from all that green.

I love the second day look very much. The first day, not at all. The style of dress is too old for Catherine.

I hate hate the green outfit. It screams ''LOOK AT ME I'M IN IRELAND. Hard pass. The dress is too granny aswell.

Last edited by a moderator:
The green evening dress was lovely. Not convinced about the green daytime dress from yesterday - those patterned dresses were very in in the '70s, and should have been left there. Today's clothes were better.

I love the white coat.

The polka dot top is nice and professional.

It was nice to see that white coat again, it's a good look. Catherine looked great today, no quibbles at all!

I absolutely adore that white coat and always have. Major win for her today in that outfit!

I hate hate the green outfit. It screams ''LOOK AT ME I'M IN IRELAND. Hard pass. The dress is too granny aswell.

Exactly!

Much better for day 2. I love the polka dot blouse, & as much as I love the white coat, it seems a little dated to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
i was not a fan of yesterday's daytime green dress by alessandra rich - it looked straight out of a grandma's closet.

however, i loved that she re-wore a coat she wore 12 years back today! i always like it when royals rescue an old piece of clothing that dates way back. her casual look was also really lovely.

:previous:

She wore sneakers by M&S and culottes by Zara:

** Full view ** With a jacket **

I like the blouse but not the pants.

The coat is beautiful but I find the dress terrible. I love the color but the print and design are awful.

I love the coat. Very beautiful and elegant.

Here's what the Duchess of Cambridge wore under her coat today:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

I love the blouse. Very beautiful.

And second casual look for the Duchess today as visit the Teagasc Research Farm

https://media.gettyimages.com/photo...of-cambridge-picture-id1210355704?s=2048x2048

I dislike the jacket. I dislike the fabric.

Last edited:
I genuinely like the white coat. Its one of her few coats I really like. Happy to see it back again. :flowers:

The shape of it though is better suited to a dress. Paired with jeggings, I actually thought on first look she was wearing a dress and knee high boots like she usually does with this look.

The blouse under is cute and professional.

I love her second look much more. She always does super casual the best. Young and appropriate. Love the boots and coat.

With the Reiss white coat, Duchess Catherine wore a garment that is 12 years old; apparently, Catherine Middleton wore the coat at an RAF function in 2008 and then at Westminster Abbey in 2010 and now in 2020. It is said that young women ignore current affairs and do not know who the Royals are and this is a pity because the young women, with watching the royal women, would see the recycling of clothes and see that Fast Fashion is wrong.

With the Reiss white coat, Duchess Catherine wore a garment that is 12 years old; apparently, Catherine Middleton wore the coat at an RAF function in 2008 and then at Westminster Abbey in 2010 and now in 2020. It is said that young women ignore current affairs and do not know who the Royals are and this is a pity because the young women, with watching the royal women, would see the recycling of clothes and see that Fast Fashion is wrong.

I am sorry wearing a coat a handful of times in 12 years us hardly a prime example if recycling. Many of these young women will have coats they recycle every day of the week. There are things you can learn from royals but recycling clothes is not one if them.

I am sorry wearing a coat a handful of times in 12 years us hardly a prime example if recycling. Many of these young women will have coats they recycle every day of the week. There are things you can learn from royals but recycling clothes is not one if them.

I disagree, it’s not about learning recycling from them. It’s about showing that they do keep and recycle their clothes. Women’s bodies change, Catherine has had 3 children and it wouldn’t be amiss if she wore none of her old clothes because they don’t fit. But she does.

Recycling is something to be praised in the age of fast fashion and it’s something younger generations are looking at in a new light.

Princess Anne could teach them about recycling.

Great to see the old Reiss coat dug out of the closet from over 10 years ago ... Kate is probably in even better shape now than she was then.

I love "country wear" Kate - she looks relaxed and how I imagine she dresses when she is at home in Amner. This is the Kate I like the best cause to me that is the real Kate.

Great look for Day 2 in Ireland - hit the right note for the type of engagements

Kate is always looking, like wearing a military uniform - with her coats and all. Well, the Brits like this! I am not so sure about the Irish... But since here main audiance are the Brits, her hopefully loyal subjects, I think, she is doing an exellent fashion job!

Albeit Mr. Lagerfeld, RIP, claimed, she was always looking like a stewardess... :whistling: ?

I disagree as none of us know how often royals wear their clothing pieces during their off time. We only see them for public activities and the rare paparazzi shot.

I like the green dress with the little white squares - nice change from dots. However, the black belt seems too heavy for the fabric. The coat with the flaps at the bust is ugly both in style and color. I wish Kate would get off the over the top literal dressing when on tours or visits. It shows very little imagination. In this case, I am sure the Irish don't wear green all the time. Yes, I know she didn't wear green yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom