The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 10: September 2012 - December 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love, love, love the Temperley dress, just fantastic. It looks very comfortable and cool. Catherine truly looks stunning.

Love the long dress... It looks cool and easy to move in.

To be honest, I want to see her in the wet suit. :D

That Temperley dress is amazing. In all honesty, though, it didn't seem to matter what anyone was wearing, they were all too busy enjoying themselves to care!

Gorgeous I LOVE the Alice by Temperley Beatrice dress. I love it in navy.

September 19, 2012 - Kate in a new floral dress.

View 1 ** View 2

After a brief transit stop in Australia before heading back to the UK, Kate changed into a long sleeved top and pants

Full look ** Close up

She looks very nice in both outfits.

LaRae

LOVE the long Temperley dress! don't like the short version, however.
Nice nod to Australia w/floral dress but somehow it looks too much like a slip to me or maybe better on a blonde.
Love the scarf w/covered up outfit.

I loved all of the dresses in Kate's Asian Tour wardrobe!

If only she would wear other shoes...
I don't like her choice of pumps or wedges, the platform soles don't look elegant on her IMO.

Both looks are good like the scarf at the stop over ...

I like her black Pliage bag by Longchamp. Size 3 with short handles. These bags are great.

I don't care for the floral dress as it's just boring. Love, love the scarf with the second outfit!

I love the scarf, and as usual, Catherine really looks great in casual wear. The floral dress is quite nice. It looks like it would comfortable on a plane ride.

I loved all of the dresses in Kate's Asian Tour wardrobe!

If only she would wear other shoes...
I don't like her choice of pumps or wedges, the platform soles don't look elegant on her IMO.
Yes, I agree, I dislike all of her shoes:bang:

Really dislike the print of the floral dress. Love the casual white shirt with jeans look but I really dislike the scarf.

The beat outfit IMO the Mulberry the rest .. I really thought the rest was rubbish harsh I know ... the midlength beach dress was not too bad but nothing else impressed me, and I am easily impressed, and the shoes all wrong with the outfits.. IMO those LK Bennet's drive me to drink .... get rid of them ....

I don't understand why HRH is the only member of the BRF to always get this kind of clothing 'audit' from the tabloids.

^ According to Rebecca English they can't do that for the other members of the family because that information is not available :rolleyes:

Duke-of-Earl said:
I don't understand why HRH is the only member of the BRF to always get this kind of clothing 'audit' from the tabloids.

Because she's the only royal who gets decent coverage.
Edward and Sophie have just been on a tour of Canada, but because it was at the same time as W&C's Far East tour, they got absolutely no mention in the British press. Camilla's clothes are hardly going to be press worthy are they?
If people make the information available, it's going to be talked about. Obviously.

Scutiny is given to all the ladies in the brightest spotlight. Crown Princesses Mary, Maxima and Letizia are all given heck for the amount they spend on clothes. IMO they spend what they need to do their jobs. If Catherine, Mary or any of the princesses repeated too many outfits people would complain and when they go for all new people complain. I say there's a cost to represent their respective monarchies. Again, I don't think that number is accurate. It's probably alot lower because the shoes are all repeatedly worn and their also private discounts for the clothes.

Because she's the only royal who gets decent coverage.
Edward and Sophie have just been on a tour of Canada, but because it was at the same time as W&C's Far East tour, they got absolutely no mention in the British press. Camilla's clothes are hardly going to be press worthy are they?
If people make the information available, it's going to be talked about. Obviously.

So right, Lumutqueen. I just did a Zimbio and Getty search for the Duchess of Gloucester. She and the Duke have been trouping around Helsinki on an official visit for the last several days. They do yeoman work for the crown, attending hundreds of events a year on behalf of the queen.

She is the real deal - married a (then) Prince, owns tiaras, is a working royal. The Duke and Duchess make official State Visits and also open a lot of parks and schools.

Now, go look at the pics of her on Zimbio and Getty. Not a snap from the Helsinki trip. And not to be critical, but with rare exception, the Duchess makes safe, serviceable fashion choices. Nothing that the DM would care to ID and tote up by costs in an article.

I'm glad I made myself go do the search. That Day 1 Ascot outfit the Duchess wore is a topper!

Getty Images - Search: duchess of gloucester

The Duchess of Gloucester Pictures, Photos & Images - Zimbio

Unfortunately for the media, the Queen (and Camilla to an extent) gets her clothes made bespoke, which means they can't put prices on them. Kate is buying almost all her clothes off the rack so we can see how much it all costs. Unlike some other princesses, Kate doesn't just buy each season's entire Prada or Dior lines, nor does she have a conveyor belt of hugely expensive handbags and shoes. Kate's probably more economical than most princesses.

I'll bet the Queen's clothes bill is absolutely enormous, although she does recycle a lot.

Unfortunately for the media, the Queen (and Camilla to an extent) gets her clothes made bespoke, which means they can't put prices on them. Kate is buying almost all her clothes off the rack so we can see how much it all costs. Unlike some other princesses, Kate doesn't just buy each season's entire Prada or Dior lines, nor does she have a conveyor belt of hugely expensive handbags and shoes. Kate's probably more economical than most princesses.

I'll bet the Queen's clothes bill is absolutely enormous, although she does recycle a lot.

Some of those princesses' entire clothing budget is 30,000 a year so (even with Dior or Prada) I don't know which is getting better bang for their buck. My point was that all of these ladies spend what the need to do their jobs well. I wasn't making it a contest.

My point was that all of these ladies spend what the need to do their jobs well.

I agree to an extent with this comment. You need to wear specific clothes as a royal to get noticed, it's the little detail. Like HM's lipstick or the way she has her hats turned up so her eyes can be seen. But clothes don't make the personality any different, if you can't warm to the person as a human, clothes make no difference.

Some of those princesses' entire clothing budget is 30,000 a year so (even with Dior or Prada) I don't know which is getting better bang for their buck. My point was that all of these ladies spend what the need to do their jobs well. I wasn't making it a contest.

I'm afraid I'm far from convinced by those numbers. The only way they're even remotely correct is if they're receiving a heck of a lot of 'freebies' or huge discounts (which would be pretty questionable behaviour). Either that or they're hiding costs in other budgets.

We know that Kate pays full price for her clothes, the designer Rachel Taylor said that she paid the RRP for everything she got from her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom