The Countess of Wessex's Fashion and Style, Part 7: April 2016 - April 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sophie is not tall and can't wear a a lot of fashions well because of it. Sometimes she forgets that

I love this red dress, it suits her figure so well and the colour is beautiful.

This dress was FABULOUS! I can't find a thing that I don't like about her entire outfit. The headwear, jewels, shoes and hair were all working together today for her. And I adore the length of the dress (kinda odd I know).

The dress is nice but it wasn't very appropriate for the occasion. And her hat was too frivolous.

I think she looks very nice...can't imagine why this dress would not be appropriate?

LaRae

I really like that dress on her. The shape of those heels is just the right degree of funky. I want to like the hat, too, but black "flowers" always look creepy to me.

Re: appropriateness. Isn't there a rule that a woman should wear a jacket/coat to formal military-related occasions?

I don't believe there is any rule about a coat,

It's a beautiful color, and modest in style enough for the event. :flowers:

My only complaint is the horrendous fascinator like thing on her head. With all the other women in proper hats, it is even more glaring.

The ensemble was a bit awkward for the occasion. I liked the elegant shoes.

Last edited:
Sophie looked smashing in every detail, hair, hat, textured red dress, fit, length, shoes. However, not for this occasion, imo. Should have been a less celebratory look

I love both those dresses actually she looks fabulous

I can't see the outfit 2 but the first was very beautiful!

The two earlier outfits, with cardigans, are beautiful. The second is my favorite but she looks great in both.

This third one not sure. I love the color and style. But there is something about the fabric I am not fond of.

The pink dress is,a,nice color but does nothing,for,her.,it looks,too big and she seems,to be drowning in it. The grey dress was nice, love the dropped waist but the sweater doesnt look well with it the white is too defining. The floral with the cropped black sweater looked great

The Countess of Wessex on day 2 in Malawi, March 14, visiting a primary school in Kasungu district, wearing a white skirt and blue top:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Hair **

The Countess of Wessex looking lovely in a black and white dress at an evening event in Malawi yesterday, March 14:

** Full view ** Upper part **

And so she did today in another dress on her third day in Malawi, March 15:

** Full view ** Funny detail **

Last edited:
I love the black and white, not crazy about the white with all the colours. She is totally amazing though and just works soooooo hard for all her patronages it is really hard to say anything negative.

She has done amazing this trip. Rocked almost every look :flowers:

I love the black and white evening look. Beautiful dress and accessories :)

Not overly fond of this last one. I don't like how the pattern on top is different then the skirt. With all the colors, makes too busy. Better if pattern sane top to bottom. Besides the pink dress, her only real hiccup this trip.

Sophie is a great asset. Her and Camilla really don't get enough attention for their work for their patronages.

Realizing I missed a look. I quite like the navy top and white skirt day two.

Love most of what she has worn on this trip! She looks fit, happy and put together. I have always admired her ability to put separates together.

I would say that the look with the flirty skirt and top is far more intriguing that the more "standard" white dress.

Wow Sophie has probably fashion wise had one if the most succesful tours in quite a while of royals. Only two little hiccups, no major disasters.

I love the orange skirt. The white top was not my favorite the first time, bit growing on me. It's a great style :flowers:

The white may not be as interesting but classic looks suit her :)

Love the white have always she can teach others how to be so super love her!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom