The Countess of Wessex's Fashion and Style, Part 5: September 2012 - December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ewwww.

This is just ALL wrong, from the word "GO!"

The Countess of Wessex at Princess Madeleine's wedding in Sweden today, June 8, wearing a long dress in creme with a lace part - a very beautiful, elegant nighty ;)

** Full view ** Upper part **

I think Sophie looked wonderful, she's definitely one of my favourites of today's looks.

I think she looks lovely.

2 niggles - the seams about half way down the skirt part of the dress - why? I think it would look better without those.

I'm not into matchy-matchy but Aquamarines with pink doesn't go IMO. If that dress had been a blue (but not pastel) it would have worked.

I think she looks lovely.

2 niggles - the seams about half way down the skirt part of the dress - why? I think it would look better without those.

I'm not into matchy-matchy but Aquamarines with pink doesn't go IMO. If that dress had been a blue (but not pastel) it would have worked.

I agree about the seams. I love her in the aquamarine, and I think these are coordinating colors.

Stunning just so simple and totally perfect.

The Countess of Wessex at Princess Madeleine's wedding in Sweden today, June 8, wearing a long dress in creme with a lace part - a very beautiful, elegant nighty ;)

I hadn't thought of it as a nighty, but now I cannot stop! It is a beautiful dress, and I love her pointed shoes. I am always in love with pointed shoes. Love the Aquamarine tiara, nice choice Sophie. :D

Personally its a bit too close to white to be good for a wedding IMO, but Sophie was by no means the only one at the wedding who went for very light almost white olours.

One the worst dressed at the wedding IMO. It's so shapeless combined with such a muted color. There's nothing special about this dress.

I'm not in love with the aquamarine tiara with this color dress. The dress is a bit shapeless, but she still looks quite lovely.

The dress isn't bad but I don't think it suits her.although I'm happy she didn't wear her usual diamond tiara but this aquamarine doesn't match the pale pink colour of her dress. But nice try

One the worst dressed at the wedding IMO. It's so shapeless combined with such a muted color. There's nothing special about this dress.

I wouldn't go that far, but I think the dress did nothing for her. I also did not think she chose the correct tiara to go with the dress.

Watching her try to walk in this dress tells a different story...Way tight across the thighs and rear. Let out and a little bolder color it would be fine.

I just think she needs poofier hair when she wears this tiara lest she look like she has wires growing up out of her head. ;) As she did, today. Eddy, please ask the your mum for a rework of this tiara that will suit your wife's coiffure.

Dress was understated and lovely. No need to upstage the bride or the locals. :)

Top part and color of the dress are good as is the bootom part.
The problem lies in the middle area,I fail to understand what the designer meant by the cuts on the hips.

I usually like most of her choices.She and Lady Gabriella are the best dressed of the Windsor girls.Always appropriate for official functions,no silly too short skirts.
I only dislike her hats.All in all she is always professionnal.Her style has really improved over the year.
I wish she has access to more tiaras,she deserves it.

Wish the lace on this dress had gone all the way to the waist or hips. I'm not liking it stopping just below the bust. And I do wish the tiara was lower to the frame, the middle sticks up too far off the frame.

My goodness this is a tough school! :lol:

I think Sophie looked lovely, and was dressed most appropriately for a wedding guest of her age and station. The attractive lace bodice drew attention to the upper part of her body nicely. At first I wondered about the aquamarines, as they don't match the dress, but I am now thinking maybe it was a nod to the Swedish colours? And Edward looked rather spiffing in his uniform. :D

Wish the lace on this dress had gone all the way to the waist or hips. I'm not liking it stopping just below the bust. And I do wish the tiara was lower to the frame, the middle sticks up too far off the frame.

I think the lace was removable - like Mary's cape and Charlene's shrug - and for church.

You cant see it so much here, but she has some strange square boobage going on under the lace. Are there no decent undergarment stores in the land of England? It seems catching in the family.

You cant see it so much here, but she has some strange square boobage going on under the lace. Are there no decent undergarment stores in the land of England? It seems catching in the family.

Dear me, not again

EDIT - how can we judge if we cant see it?

Can you find a better picture with it?

The bust area is indeed odd.

I thought the dress was okay. The color was pretty, but the dress itself was nothing special.

I don't mind this dress. Nice muted colour which always look nice on Sophie. I like the lace top.

To me it is typical Sophie at these European Royal Weddings - nice but not wow.

I also liked that we saw a different tiara even if it wasn't a brilliant choice for the dress!

For a man who didn't want to serve in the military, he seems to like the uniforms. It si no shame not to serve and he, really, didn't, but why dress up. She looked very nice, but you are right. She need a different bra.

Scooter, something wrong with the bra. I think I'd be aware of it if I were wearing it.

I don't like the royal men wearing their uniforms to weddings, any of them. Just my taste, it's not a BAD thing but I would much prefer non-military clothes for weddings, especially on the part of the groom. In William's case, though, he was a currently serving officer so I can see some justification in his red uniform. But I did not like Guillaume in his uniform at his wedding even though I really like Guillaume. And, sigh, here he is again wearing his uniform to Madeleine's wedding. These men could wear their honors on regular formal clothing.
It is especially inappropriate when Edward wears military gear to weddings. The hat is absurd, almost comic strip, even though Edward has enough dignity in spite of it. I do not think they are aware of their clothes, not their primary interest. And I like Edward and Sophie, nice lifestyle and service.

I think Sophie looks lovely. The color is pretty understated, which is fine in my book. I love the tiara.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom