The Countess of Wessex's Fashion and Style, Part 10: April 2019 - November 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The amazing thing about Sophie is that she is absolutely much more attractive in person and much thinner than in most photos. Not that she isn't lovely in pictures but I was actually stunned at the difference. She wears very little make-up and quite pretty.

The Countess of Wessex at the Queen's Garden Party today, May 21, wearing an Emilia Wickstead dress again:

** Pic ** Ascot 2018 **

It's not bad, it's not great. This colour on Catherine and Sophie I just think is too pale for them.

The Countess of Wessex looked great at a reception at the Buckingham Palace Gardens today, May 22:

** Full view ** Upper part *

Last edited:

The Countess of Wessex lovely in light blue at the state banquet for the state visit from the USA yesterday, June 3:

** Full view **

I like her dress, lovely and classic. Nice color as well, not white :flowers:

The Countess of Wessex lovely in light blue at the state banquet for the state visit from the USA yesterday, June 3:

** Full view **

Beautiful, I actually see Sophie as one of the best dressed last night, and only joined by one or two others.

Lovely look from Sophie - great style & colour for her.

Sophie was stunning indeed!

Sophie usually nails it fashion-wise, but I'm a fangirl. :lol:

Beautiful, I actually see Sophie as one of the best dressed last night, and only joined by one or two others.

Why is Sophie not wearing the star with her sash? It's not the first time I've noticed this with her. Very odd.

Why is Sophie not wearing the star with her sash? It's not the first time I've noticed this with her. Very odd.
She had the cross at the bottom of the sash, but didn't notice the extra star, but she has worn it before. Weird.

The Countess of Wessex in green at Trooping the Colour today - it's a recycled green silk Suzannah couture dress:

** Pic ** June 2015 **

Last edited:
This is a lovely outfit, the hat looks odd some of the angles make it look quite square.

Fail for me. I just don’t like this specific shade on her with this specific dress.

Also, is it me or was she and autumn wearing the same dress just a different shade?

Collar needed a good pressing. Her hat is like something out of a nightmare for me, looks creepy crawly

I rather like the dress, but the limp collar ruins the look. The trick with that kind of collar is that they have to look crisp, and this one just looks sad.

The Countess of Wessex's Fashion and Style, Part 10: April 2019 -

I guess I’m in the minority. I like this hat- far better than the last hat she wore with this dress.

The dress is a lovely shade of green. Not sure about the collar though- maybe if it was stiffer it would look better. The green and black look great together.

The color is the only thing I like about the book. Beautiful shade of green :flowers:

The dress is not my favorite style on her. I think its the fabric I don't like.

I prefer this hat to the first one she wore with it. But still don't like it overly.

As always, Sophie looks appropriate for the event. Admire her extreme cleanliness at all times. Like the color on her but never look at hats as the only person I enjoy seeing in one is your Queen. All other people, I just don't bother looking as I just don't like hats. Just my aversion.

While I think Sophie looks lovely in that shade of green, the dress is one of those that just seems to be a little too long for her. Her hat isn't the worst I have seen her wear but I don't love it. The other day another blog posted a picture of her from just before her wedding. The hat was big with what I call a proper crown and brim and it was great.

The green dress the Countess wore at Jersey for their Independance day May 2015

The Countess of Wessex in green at Trooping the Colour today - it's a recycled green silk Suzannah couture dress:

** Pic ** June 2015 **

The 2019 version was spoilt by the hat.
I think Sophie looks terrific. Her style is neither old nor young but just 'Sophie'. I love the plain green silk, it takes confidence to wear so much of one colour and she does it effortlessly and her hat is beautiful, much nicer than her little fascinator and more balanced with the length of the dress. My only regret is I won't get to see a full length view.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom