Queen Mathilde's Daytime Fashion, Part 1: July 2013 - February 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like the green dress; ditch the hat!

Mathilde at two events in Brussels today, September 30, wearing a dress with a print in blue and black - suits her!

** Full view ** Upper part **

:previous:

"Very Mathilde" is a good description! :)

Today, October 2nd, Mathilde is in Namur, wearing a nice and elegant coat and dress combination with a rust-red hat. At first I didn't like the hat, but from different angles (like in the third pic) it looks really good:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Hat **

"Very Mathilde" is a good description! :)

Today, October 2nd, Mathilde is in Namur, wearing a nice and elegant coat and dress combination with a rust-red hat. At first I didn't like the hat, but from different angles (like in the third pic) it looks really good:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Hat **

The hat is wonderful! Outfit suits her very well, color and style wise but to my taste the outfit is a bit dull.

Pretty Fall colors, but I don't care for the hat.

The outfit alright but I dislike the hat and shoes.

Queen Mathilde at an exhibition in Brussels today, October 3, wearing a dress with an animal print. I don't like animal prints, but I think she looks good in it nevertheless:

** Full view ** Upper part **

The blue dress was a great choice. It was simple and unfussy. Bright vivid colour brought out Queen Mathilde's complexion.

Amazing! this color really suits her and I'd rather see Mathilde wearing solid than print :)

Simply stunning! Love the earrings and bracelet. Hair is perfect and I love the "V" in the back. THIS is how she should dress!

Love the royal blue dress. Great neckline and back, also good fit.

The Flanders Fashion Institute ( FFI ) would like the queen to wear pieces of various Belgian fashion houses in the future.
They think she would be a good ambassador of Belgian fashion. They got her a lot of info about Belgian designers and hope she will give them a chance in the future

Queen Mathilde often chooses Natan and sometimes wears Dries van Noten. She could easily go a step further and wear a wider range of Belgian designers.
FFI's survey of Belgian designers and labels had much success . They polled them to transfer information to Mathilde and not got any negative reaction.

Next week Queen Mathilde will attend a major international fashion conference of the Flanders Fashion Institute in Antwerp.

Articles in Dutch
"Majesteit, er is meer dan alleen Natan"
Designers manen Mathilde aan iets anders dan Natan te dragen - HLN.be

Queen Mathilde in Liege today, October 11, combining a strong yellow with nude - the colours are fine for her, but I dislike the coat nevertheless. And the hat doesn't look that good in combination with the coat:

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part **

A sleeker coat in rich colour would have been a much better choice. The oversized coat did not flatter Queen Mathilde's figure and overwhelmed the whole look.

Oohh that coat....Big Bird.
Ha! Had to laugh out loud at that one! But yes, the coat is a bit much. Interesting, yes, but it is overwhelming on her. The hat is wonderful and love it to pieces, but you can barely notice it because of the coat.

I'm not a fan of Mathilde's coat, and like dbarn67, it reminds me of a bird :)lol:). Although it does look cosy. The colours go well together but this outfit is a miss for me.

Last edited:
I have to agree with all the comments. Not her usual elegant self, the coat looks so oversized.

I too, have to agree. I really dislike her hat and the coat is definitely overwhelming her.

I think she could've pulled this outfit off perfectly if her coat was fitted or not as boxy and a different fabric. The colour combination is great and I like the hat.

Ooh, now I do like the colour combination of yellow and beige/nude, but the coat material is a little too much! The cut and shape of the coat might have been less overwhelming if the material had been sleeker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom