Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 2: July 2013 - November 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is one heck of a gorgeous silk organza I think, blouse, with earrings to match ! And lovely hairstyle.

The inverted pleated skirt has me suspecting Natan, who favors such designs. The pleat and silk taffeta do add unwelcomed bulk, if the waist was dropped with the pleating not just at the waist, I think I would prefer it.

Ah Hah, thanks ice flower for the link to the Natan model of the skirt and blouse. the model does indeed have the pleat dropped to about the center of her non-exsistant tummy. Maxima had it raised, to her detriment.

Last edited:
This outfit makes Maxima look at least 10 kilos heavier than she is, and she looks granny-like. The skirt is too shiny and the giant bow blouse is just awful, I hate big bows on grown women. Maxima is such a lovely woman, it is a pity to see her dressed like this.

Last edited:
My thoughts exactly, LadyFinn. Just way too much going on.

Surprisingly this does look does not bother me. It is surely isn't something I would wear or pick out but for some reason I am not bothered by it on her- it really is a Maxima outfit! :)

Gosh it is all a bit much even for Maxima... I agree separately they woukd be nice together they are a mess too big too much IMO I think the blouse would be better with pants and the skirt with a more body hugging top I do like her hair as well.

I love this outfit on Maxima. I don't find it matronly at all. She has a womanly, well-proportioned figure, and I believe the skirt and blouse fit her very well. She doesn't look like a waif or fashion model, but why should she? She is gorgeous just as she is.

I think those are two hideous pieces, single as well as together. Way too much fabric, way too shiny... awful.

It's quite a different silhouette on Queen Maxima that I'm not used to seeing, but I think it's gorgeous, voluminous and very regal!

I love that blouse..gorgeous. The color of the skirt is great but I don't care for the style either.

This outfit makes Maxima look at least 10 kilos heavier than she is, and she looks granny-like. The skirt is too shiny and the giant bow blouse is just awful, I hate big bows on grown women. Maxima is such a lovely woman, it is a pity to see her dressed like this.
my exactly words! the blouse may be with some other skirt, may be....... but all together she looks like grandma!:bang::eek:

I like the blouse but I think it would be better with trousers and not for this event. The skirt is an evening skirt - very shiny and not appropriate in my opinion. And the overall shape does not flatter her.

This picture emphasises that - she (and Willen-A) look on a different scale to the SRF. And Victoria looks tiny.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BWh2W1jCQAAuFas.jpg:large

EDIT - not being rude - but hadn't realised how tall they both are or perhaps how short the swedish royal family are.

Last edited:
Absolutely love the blouse Maxima is wearing; it's gorgeous. - I'm delighted she's happy being who/what she is, and doesn't try to be a fashion model. It's good she is the person she is; colourful and explosive, with a stunning smile!

Gorgeous fabrics and colours; the outfit is very reminiscent of the 1950s; the more I look at it the more I like it!

I like the blouse but I think it would be better with trousers and not for this event. The skirt is an evening skirt - very shiny and not appropriate in my opinion. And the overall shape does not flatter her.

This picture emphasises that - she (and Willen-A) look on a different scale to the SRF. And Victoria looks tiny.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BWh2W1jCQAAuFas.jpg:large

I, too thought they looked like the big people in the middle. I'm going to start counting bows, I swear. Bows never make you look smaller. Minnie mouse is the only one I've ever thought made the "bow as a signature style" thing work.

I agree - just awful. She is such a beautiful woman, this outfit does not do her beauty any justice.

It may well be that "bows never make you look smaller". But WHY should you look smaller than you are? What's wrong being the size you are?

It seems Daniel needs a new pair of pants! Or the ones he's wearing need a wash and ironing! :)

Get rid of brown. A horrible color on Maxima. Designers often have no idea what real people look like.

It may well be that "bows never make you look smaller". But WHY should you look smaller than you are? What's wrong being the size you are?

Thank you! Maxima and Willem-Alexander look bigger than everyone else because they are bigger! And Maxima looks gorgeous and regal.

:previous:

Máxima wore a new Natan blouse and skirt today, the single pieces are nice, but altogether it looks a bit matronly.

** Full view ** Back view ** Upper part ** Close up ** Natan **

I really dislike the skirt and the blouse. I would have loved the blouse if it did not have that bow and if the sleeves were not baggy. Nevertheless, the color of the blouse is beautiful.

Whilst I am no fan of either the skirt or the blouse and would never buy them for myself, somehow they are very "Maxima" and seem to work for her.

Not fond of the blouse, but I love the skirt.

I didn't like Maxima's outfit at all,the bows were the worst part.

On the thread about the actual visit to Sweden, there is a link with photos (post No.9 - APP Picture Desk) showing Queen Maxima wearing the outfit with a lovely darker brown coat draped round her shoulders if anyone wants to have a look.

I love this outfit. It's very elegant, very regal, the blouse is to die for.

:previous:

Máxima wore a new Natan blouse and skirt today, the single pieces are nice, but altogether it looks a bit matronly.

** Full view ** Back view ** Upper part ** Close up ** Natan **

The colours are nice and I like the skirt but not the blouse. I'm not a fan of her shoes either. However this outfit suits Maxima and the colours look good on her.

I don't like that one-shoulder dress and I don't like the coat over the dress. I really like her hat and her brooch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom