Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 16: September 2019 - May 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a fan of Maxima's purple outfit - the blouse is lovely, but not with the dress.

Maxima's outfits have lately been quite ... bizzare .. eccentric. Is she wearing them, so people wouldn't notice and comment on her messy hair? Anyway I hope everything is all right with her and she finds her fashion mojo again :argh:

Queen Máxima in black and white at the 74th General Assembly of the United Nations in New York City today, September 24:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

I like the idea of this one very much, but the funnel neckline seems a little high and unflattering, almost smothering.

Maxima's outfits have lately been quite ... bizzare .. eccentric. Is she wearing them, so people wouldn't notice and comment on her messy hair? Anyway I hope everything is all right with her and she finds her fashion mojo again :argh:

From all royal ladies Máxima is the most unpredictable. From the day of her engagement to present day. You never know what you get. Who would expect a Queen in an Andalucian dress on the Feria de Sevilla? Who would expect a royal dressed in a dress made from post bags? Who would expect a royal in a dress inspired by wall-hangings in one of her palaces? Who would expect a Queen in culottes?

At the same time she is not as moulded as Victoria, Mary or Letizia but feels totally free in her exuberant personality. I think she is totally okay and happy. She has an unlimited access to the best designers. Apparently she feels fine with all this (not to my taste at all). But it is her choice, of course.

If she would exclusively wear Givenchy or Chanel, that would be nice but maybe so "un-Máxima".

Last edited:
Forgive me but the Queen needs a new stylist. Her whole is getting worst event after event. Those hideous earrings and the top looks horrible. Her hair--- been noticing that for months now.

Forgive me but the Queen needs a new stylist. Her whole is getting worst event after event. Those hideous earrings and the top looks horrible. Her hair--- been noticing that for months now.

I see no difference. It is the usual Máxima. Polished when there is ceremonial and protocol. Completely messy when it is low key. That is how she is, for 18 years now.

The transatlantic hurricane messy hair is inexcusable especially when attending such a high profile event at UN the earrings look gaudy and do nothing for the unflattering outfit.

The ponytail looks silly why didn't she just have her hair styled up it looks so much nicer and professional than dangling all over NYC.

Maxima looks nice on both occassions but I agree that the ponytail seems rather odd - but perhaps that's because we're not used to seeing her in one, since she so often has her hair down.

Beautiful smart and very elegant,i very much like the top
The Queen hait today is also well styled she looks great

Much smarter look today and how her hair looks so much better up ,really nice colour on Máxima today.

She looks nicer in this outfit. But I dislike that humongous brooch.

The brooch is over the top--oh, wait, we're talking about Maxima, never mind--but the rest of the outfit is very elegant. I don't mind the pony tails since I think they are huge improvement over the hurricane hair. Hair is good today.

Love the white top, does anyone know the designer. Also today’s beige outfit was a winner. Better hair too. The Valentino was too fussy for me, without the bow would be better

The hair looks half done and not as bad as on other occasion but still very unqueenly and highly unprofessional looking.

Hm, the hairdo is like mine when I don’t blow dry and realise I’ve got to be somewhere fast....not an appointment thats been in the diary for a while:bang:

The outfit is not bad but the haur is a mess,can't understand the hair neglect feom the Queen

I like to color and cut of the coat/dress. What I don't like is that it looks like her bust is sitting on the top of the belt. This is the same problem I had with someone else recently. The question becomes is it the style; is the belt too wide; does she need a better bra or a combination of all three.

I like to color and cut of the coat/dress. What I don't like is that it looks like her bust is sitting on the top of the belt. This is the same problem I had with someone else recently. The question becomes is it the style; is the belt too wide; does she need a better bra or a combination of all three.
Exactly, you hit the nail on the head

Its good to see royals recycle their old outfits from a decade ago but other than that its very unremarkable look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom