Queen Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 9: March 2017 - June 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My opinion on today's look is the opposite of my comment from yesterday. I like the hair, don't like the clothes. The jacket needs to be burned. The earrings are nice!

Not one of her best outfits and her fashion sense has been all over the place of late .

I just saw other pictures in "Semana", a Spanish magazine. She looks fantastic. A fresh and modern look and with her slim frame it's a ten. I love it.

Just hideous outfit on a queen no less...what was she thinking or more like it she was not thinking about the event or her clothes today....she is a woman of importance not a teenager.

I've actually sat here for a couple of minutes trying to think of something good to say about this situation, but I can't. Just awful, on so many levels.

I like the outfit. The blouse is a bit big, but I love the colours.

I've actually sat here for a couple of minutes trying to think of something good to say about this situation, but I can't. Just awful, on so many levels.

You read my mind. I guess she had her right leg crossed which is why her pants leg has ridden up like that, but she really should have adjusted it when she stood up. If she could not do so discreetly, then she should not have crossed her legs at the knee. Either at the ankle (which IMO is more appropriate for a queen), or not at all. It looks like in past years she wore a skirt or dress to present these awards, so I wonder why so casual this year. Sometimes she is just perfect, but other times she misses the mark completely; more than any other royal IMO.

And because it cannot be said enough, she needs to cut her hair!

You read my mind. I guess she had her right leg crossed which is why her pants leg has ridden up like that, but she really should have adjusted it when she stood up. If she could not do so discreetly, then she should not have crossed her legs at the knee. Either at the ankle (which IMO is more appropriate for a queen), or not at all. It looks like in past years she wore a skirt or dress to present these awards, so I wonder why so casual this year. Sometimes she is just perfect, but other times she misses the mark completely; more than any other royal IMO.

And because it cannot be said enough, she needs to cut her hair!

The longer hair style isn't flattering. And today's outfit isn't one of her best.

I am usually one of her to fans like 9/10 outfits. But this :eek:

What ever decade this fell out of it needs to go back. And her hair needs cut.

I must say its one of the worst combinations Letizia has worn recently.
Those trousers could have been lovely with different blouse but for some reason one trouser's leg is longer than the other. Plus that blouse looks several sizes too big for her and totally wrong with the trousers (no need to tuck the blouse into the trousers and I think white or black trousers or skirt would have been better choice with it).

:previous: That's more like it!:)

Letizia has a beautiful classic face that doesn't go well with the rather garish, trendy daytime looks she sometimes favors.:ermm:

I love the longer hair! I hope she won't cut it again. This suits her face way more in my opinion, the short hairstyle she debuted in 2014 made her look very severe.

Not really what you'd expect the Queen of Spain to wear for an Official Lunch for a Visiting President ,that trouser/blouse outfit is fine for a daytime audience at Zarzuela,I don't she really has any common sense when it comes to picking appropriate outfits.

Full marks as the worst dressed royal this week goes to a well deserved Letizia.

The black & white outfit is very nice, but I agree with An Ard Ri that sometimes I question her judgment when it comes to what she wears.

A very nice outfit yet totally inappropriate for a luncheon with a visiting president .........that outfit is more for some type of ribbon cutting ceremony. Over the years I have often wondered about her choices of clothing for she seems to forget that she is a Queen now and not a celebrity.

I like it. Classic professional, well tailored. Her curls and earrings great :flowers:

I tire of the idea that a day dress and pearls is required for an audience. It's not like she is in casual shopping clothes. This is a working lunch and she is a modern queen dressed for a modern working lunch.

If anyone subs a prize for inappropriate lunch for foreign leader, it's Max :ermm:

Its a classic look, I wished she had styles her hair a bit more, this was lunch with a President, looks like she is going to any other event.
I love her hair at this length but it seems she doesn't do much with it anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hallelujah her best look in awhile its a gorgeous colour on Letizia,great hair and is that a new bracelet?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am in love with the red dress! Letizia's hair & make-up are beautiful and her earrings look really nice. The shoes are boring, but I guess that is what you need in order to give this fabulous dress all the attention.

I also love the color of the dress of the lady standing next to Letizia, and her brooch.

I like it. Classic professional, well tailored. Her curls and earrings great :flowers:

I tire of the idea that a day dress and pearls is required for an audience. It's not like she is in casual shopping clothes. This is a working lunch and she is a modern queen dressed for a modern working lunch.

If anyone subs a prize for inappropriate lunch for foreign leader, it's Max :ermm:

I agreed. Letizia is dressed appropriately although, is a boring simple outfit. I like Maxima, but many times she eclipses visitors with her enormous hats and those horrible insects pins. Maxima should dress like a queen, not a candelabra.

Last edited:
I am in love with the red dress! Letizia's hair & make-up are beautiful and her earrings look really nice. The shoes are boring, but I guess that is what you need in order to give this fabulous dress all the attention.

I also love the color of the dress of the lady standing next to Letizia, and her brooch.

The lady with the blue dress is Dr. Ana Pastor, President os the lower House of Congress. In Spanish Presidenta de la Cámara Baja del Congreso de Diputados.

Last edited:
Very beautiful, very chic! Red color definitely suit her!

I love the red dress on her, and I agree red is her colour! who is the designer?

Not really what you'd expect the Queen of Spain to wear for an Official Lunch for a Visiting President ,that trouser/blouse outfit is fine for a daytime audience at Zarzuela,I don't she really has any common sense when it comes to picking appropriate outfits.

Full marks as the worst dressed royal this week goes to a well deserved Letizia.

Official lunches are hosted at the Royal Palace, you can call this one as a "courtesy lunch", so the outfit is appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom