Queen Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 3: November 2014 - April 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Letizia seems to like that tweed jacket, hasn't she worn it multiple times? I'm not a fan of it as it's a little busy for me and it reminds me a little of a carpet, but somehow, the pink top manages to work well with it.

I think I prefer the outfit she wore to the World Rare Disease Day event. Even though I think the top is a little "loud" with the jacket, Letizia manages to make the look work, since she looks amazing in red.

I don't think the top matches well with the jacket and the pants & peeptoes are horrible.

I've always disliked that jacket.

I just wish she'd put it in the back of her closet and forget about it!! The fucshia top just does NOT go with that jacket with all the orange flecks in it!

I love the top but the jacket is awful.

I have been saying that since Day1, marymary! Great minds and all... :)

I like the jacket and it looks like it has some of the top color in it. She looks fine to me.

Queen Letizia of Spain attends a meeting with the Board of the "Foundation UNICEF Cominte Spanish" at UNICEF offices on March 16, 2015 in Madrid, Spain.

031615 Queen Letizia attend a meeting with UNICEF - Images | jose gegundez | photographer

Queen Letizia of Spain Attends a UNICEF Meeting Thumbnails - Pictures - Zimbio

Queen Letizia of Spain visits the Reina Sofia National Museum on March 17, 2015 in Madrid, Spain.

Queen Letizia Visits Reina Sofia National Museum Thumbnails - Pictures - Zimbio

The pants outfit could not be more nondescript. The dress is pretty, but what a difference a nice hair style would make.

Last edited by a moderator:
Uhm I like the updo but there's something wrong with the two shades of blue of the jacket and scarf

The look without the scarf (arrive in Paris):
http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/ap_webfeeds/2e7619a65e29ac0d710f6a7067002303.jpg
http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/g...e-spain-queen-letizia-20150324-121524-146.jpg

Back view of the hairdo (lovely):
http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/R...1EB3O128901_RTRMADP_3_FRANCE-SPAIN-ROYALS.JPG

The dress without jacket:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CA3YhhzU8AAqW6B.jpg

The State Visit has been cancelled after the awful tragedy of the Airbus crash at the Alps.

Both Felipe and Letitia look immaculately dressed and well co-ordinated.

Her arrival in France was lovely. Great to see her in a nice updo for the daytime. Really like this dress and jacket. Smart and appropiate for the event

This outfit was well put together. Nice jacket and a dress with very lovely colours and interesting pattern. And on top of everything, great hairdo.

It's a business outfit, not a state visit outfit. Varela has no clue and no sense for the occasion of big events.

It's a business outfit, not a state visit outfit. Varela has no clue and no sense for the occasion of big events.

So Amen!

And to all posters who probably think, "Ah... come on... just hats and gloves, pffff": think about State Visits with Elizabeth II, Silvia, Máxima, Camilla, etc. just going 'business as usual', reviewing military ceremonial or riding in a gala carriage, all bareheaded, just like everyone else.

I think Queen Letizia underestimates the importance and force of the so-called theatre of state and how important a dignified decorum is for a monarchy.

Duc et Pair,

Visiting the notoriously informal President Hollande, I'm surprised the Queen didn't wear jeans and a leather jacket.

Well, Monsieur Normal, (eeeeh....) is indeed "informal" but the whole of Paris was gloriously dressed for the Spanish State Visit.

The ceremony at the L'Hôtel des Invalides was surprisingly low-key but I have the idea that was done because of the tragic event: there was no red carpet, there was no dais, there was no 'back up' of officers in grand tenue, the military were not in ceremonial tenue.

Two possibilities: this is the new low key approach à la Hollande or this is a sober version because of the plane crash.

Cérémonie protocolaire - L'Hôtel des Invalides

:flowers:

Seriously? People are quibbling about how she was dressed and the visit has now been cancelled because of the horrible tragedy that happened? I'm amazed that this has even come up given the events of the day. We should be giving our thoughts to those who lost loved ones in the crash instead of dwelling on whether or not you think the Queen was dressed appropriately or not. There is a time and place for things and my opinion this is not the time for this.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Seriously? People are quibbling about how she was dressed and the visit has now been cancelled because of the horrible tragedy that happened? I'm amazed that this has even come up given the events of the day. We should be giving our thoughts to those who lost loved ones in the crash instead of dwelling on whether or not you think the Queen was dressed appropriately or not. There is a time and place for things and my opinion this is not the time for this.

I agree, time and place. And this is the place in the fashion forum! Yes, it is terrible, that's exactly the reason we need frivilous places to chat about non important things. We see and hear about terrible things all the time but would go nuts if we only thought about that. This is a safe outlet for forgetting the world a bit. What's so horrible about that?

There's is an appropriate place about this tragedy on the royal Forums :

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...hes-in-the-french-alps-38360.html#post1761753

Here in France we have been deeply shocked by this horrible crash and i'm sure all our thoughts and prayers were with the families during this horrifying moment.

But, after all these terrible news and images, it's also good to escape from this world and talk and share, on a lighter note, some thoughts about fashion or anything relating royalty, because after all , this is the right place to do it.

So as i understand your deep emotion about this tragedy, i also deeply regret your patronizing tone. I don't think that anyone on this forum tonight is insensitive about what happened . To say otherwise, and to try to make some members feel guilty because they just want to take a deep breath after some very very dark hours is just rude in my opinion.

I love the jacket but I don't like the print of the dress.

Letizia's outfit was nice but I didn't like the lighter strip the front of the dress as it gave an illusion that it was see-through. The jacket was a nice match but not perfect, it was too suit looking for such a lovely dressy dress IMO.

If a jacket it has to be one colour with the striped dress underneath, I didn't think a blue jacket with black applications was a good choice.

Letizia's hair looked absolutely perfect for the French State visit!:)

I love the outfit and the hairdo. I thought she looked beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom