Queen Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 13: October 2018 - March 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She usually takes a risk at this fair - and this dress is no exception. The dress isn't to my7 dress - but her makeup and hair are on point and I would like to see this hairstyle again

Queen Letizia show to celebrities how to dressed! Totally celebrity look.

Once again Letizia has allowed her general boredom to be reflected in a totally inappropriate ensemble on an important occasion. I thought she had resigned herself to toeing the line when she gave up wearing Capri pants and Espadrills to formal military parades where her husband was taking the salute. But it seems not.

Why only the Queen? If this is not the place to dress classic/boring I'd love to see a risky outfit of the King, too ;)?
I think Felipe feels uncomfortable in "casual / unconventional clothes" I can not imagine that he is sitting at home and wearing a pair of sweatpants:whistling:;)

Letizia looks nearly "classic" behind this women:lol:

https://www.belgaimage.be/#/image/146225765

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Letizia looked very polished 2 years ago when they did the ARCO during the Argentine State Visit.

https://www.newmyroyals.com/2017/02/spanish-royals-and-argentinas-president.html

i think it was in 2014 that she started to risk something(the coat with stones:lol:) compared to today or her leather trousers 2016 that was still classic. I just hope we will see this thing never again, unfortunatley she repeats her worst pieces

Queen Letizia debuts artsy Felipe Varela dress at ARCO 2015 - Queen Letizia Style

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in the minority in that I like the leather dress. Except for the messy and too girlish hairstyle I like the entire look.

Why only the Queen? If this is not the place to dress classic/boring I'd love to see a risky outfit of the King, too ;)?

I agree 100%. Felipe could certainly take a risk once-in-awhile. Especially there. Actually I like this different look on Letizia for a change. Makes her more human rather than "on display".

Well, I thought it was a very nice and modern look. Love the leather dress and her hair. BUT!!! It was not that appropriate for a State Visit...The problem with Letizia is that she wants to dress youthful all the time, most clothes look good on her body type, but that doesn't erase her age and status. Sometimes its too girly and over the top, sometimes its hideous and uncomfortable. It wouldn't surprise me if she wore this dress when she turns 60 years old. She wants the fountain of youth, that's for sure...

i think it was in 2014 that she started to risk something(the coat with stones:lol:) compared to today or her leather trousers 2016 that was still classic. I just hope we will see this thing never again, unfortunatley she repeats her worst pieces

Queen Letizia debuts artsy Felipe Varela dress at ARCO 2015 - Queen Letizia Style

See, I actually like this Varela dress and think that it would have been appropriate for a state visit and the opening of ARCO. It's 'funky' but not too 'funky.'

I have no problem with the leather dress, except that she was hosting a state visit. It's just me: had she been on her own today and wearing it, I'd have LOVED it. But she's on a state visit, so I expected something a bit more formal. I do hope to see the leather dress again, though.

See, I actually like this Varela dress and think that it would have been appropriate for a state visit and the opening of ARCO. It's 'funky' but not too 'funky.'

I have no problem with the leather dress, except that she was hosting a state visit. It's just me: had she been on her own today and wearing it, I'd have LOVED it. But she's on a state visit, so I expected something a bit more formal. I do hope to see the leather dress again, though.

I also like the FV dress she wore in 2015! and I agree i would be happy she had worn it today :lol: Im sure we will see the leather dress at some point(maybe an audience:lol:) I agree, I think her main mistake was, wearing it during a state visit!

Yes a little bland but still a nice dress and anything is better than leather at official events.

Her leather outfits (excluding bags and shoes) always look like they are made of vinyl. As bad as the black dress is, the beige shoes are a total miss.

The dress from the Rare Diseases event is ok in theory but I don't like the odd mismatch of the plaid from the bodice to the skirt. It just looks off to me.

A very nice look for this event!

This is a nice look from Letizia and she looks very pretty. Great to see that her hair looks freshly done too.

Once again Letizia has allowed her general boredom to be reflected in a totally inappropriate ensemble on an important occasion. I thought she had resigned herself to toeing the line when she gave up wearing Capri pants and Espadrills to formal military parades where her husband was taking the salute. But it seems not.

I think you are spot on.

The black leather Dominatrix outfit is by & Other stories, I think it's related to H&M

https://www.vogue.com/vogueworld/ar...and-other-stories-leather-dress-arco-art-fair

Yes the label is owned by H&M group of companies.

It looks like she killed a pleather couch. Horrendous.

i think it was in 2014 that she started to risk something(the coat with stones) compared to today or her leather trousers 2016 that was still classic. I just hope we will see this thing never again, unfortunatley she repeats her worst pieces

The FV is risky :eek: Its a nice modern dress with great detail. :flowers:

Today's look for the disease event is nice but boring. Needs some accessories or something to pick it up.

Nice red suit on queen Letizia but I think a small brooch would be nice on the all red look.

Don't care for this at all, but I'm not a fan of the shorter pant leg that seems to be in style. Really dislike the darker color of Letizia's hair.

I like everything except the shorter pant leg, which is awful and ruins an otherwise elegant outfit.

The red trousers are not nice and do really care for the rest of the outfit either,the lack of a jacket makes it look too casual.

I think, she is not really tall for such outfit.

:previous:
Maybe Maxima would get away with those culottes, but not Letizia. The top is too tight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom