Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie's Fashion and Style Part 5: January 2013 - May 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like Eugenie's coat. Does anyone know who designed it?

I really like Eugenie's outfit, but Bea's looks like a prison inmate. Those stripes are just too much! She should have followed her sister's example by wearing a solid jacket, though I still don't like those stripes. The stripe pattern on Eugenie's skirt is just right.

But why would such a curvy girl wear horizontal stripes?

Not a good look for anyone, let alone someone with a fuller figure. :ohmy:

I really like both these looks. I thought the hats were a better match than usual (and I don't mean just color - these were great hats) and that I could understand what they were trying to do. :flowers::flowers::flowers:

Another gasp and oh no reaction to their outfits. Yes, Bea's is the worst, ugly color and stripes. Neither should wear horizontal stripes, especially curvy Eugenie. they are not tall enough for that.

To you they might look bad but I don't see how anyone could think they look like they've shopped in a charity shop.

They don't. They looked like they shopped at Wal-Mart. Worse, that would be cheap. These girls spend a lot of money, and whomever designs this junk may have never seen them. What you put on paper and on people, the people who are wearing it, is the difference. They are too full figured to wear this stuff. There are many things that look very nice on fuller figured women. It has nothing to do with size, it has to do with brains and style.

But why would such a curvy girl wear horizontal stripes?

Not a good look for anyone, let alone someone with a fuller figure. :ohmy:

I think it just looks good on her despite the broad stripes; if Eugenie were wearing Bea's dress I'd definitely have a different opinion with those narrow stripes.

Last edited:
BLEAH. I'm disappointed. Both outfits don't do a thing for them. :eek:

Eugenie looks absolutely adorable. I love her in horizontal stripes! Her hat, her jacket, everything is very nice.

Beatrice, on the other hand...

If Lady Gabby took them in hand they'd end up dressing double their age.
Hmm, quite agree. I think one overly conservative lamb-dressed-as-mutton doyen per family is one too many!

Style is personal. As far as I'm concerned they look fine. I'd might not be a choice I would have made, but I've seen far worse. And it was not on them.
I love that the are constantly pushing the envelope to find their own personal style and that they are brave enough to not give a tinker's damn about what we think.

They looked fine to me although I do think Bea's stripes would have been better if the other way.

I do like them in solid colours more than these but they are looking much better than they have done in the past.
In general I think you might just have a point about the stripes, but agree that they are definitely on a positive learning curve.

. . . . . I think the concoction on Bea's head represents a first step towards wearing an ordinary hat. :D
Yay, we are taking the training wheels, aka the very unfascinating Fascinators, off! :clap: :clap:

They don't. They looked like they shopped at Wal-Mart. Worse, that would be cheap. These girls spend a lot of money, and whomever designs this junk may have never seen them. What you put on paper and on people, the people who are wearing it, is the difference. They are too full figured to wear this stuff. There are many things that look very nice on fuller figured women. It has nothing to do with size, it has to do with brains and style.

Indeed, and most people seem to think Beatrice and Eugenie have both brains and style. It's all a matter of opinion and completely trashing someone's designs is rather mean.

Beatrice looked amazing today. I loved everything she wore from head to toe. Can anyone ID her outfit?

I don't mind Beatrice's outfit but I really don't like Eugenie's .

I don't mind Beatrice's outfit but I really don't like Eugenie's .

Eugenie's outfit and that hat were unfortunate. In 1 pictue I could see the line of her undergarment through tat dress. The whole thing was unflattering IMO.

Beatrice gets an A+ from me for today's outfit. It's elegant, appropriate, and flatters her figure. Eugenie is trying, and I will say that the shade of light blue looks lovely on her. The dress is not the best for her figure, but it's an improvement from some of the other stuff that she wore. Kudos to both ladies.

Beatrice and Eugenie at Royal Ascot today, June 20, this time I like both looks, especially the one of Beatrice: ** Full view ** Full view Beatrice ** Upper part Beatrice ** Upper part Eugenie ** Beatrice Close up **

I agree, though if you were looking at Eugenie from her left, the hat looked a bit like a mushroom. No worries though, I find most hats look a bit wonky from at least one angle. When the wind caught the Duchess of Cornwall's chapeau on Ascot Day One - from one angle it looked like a couple of transparent donuts crashing into the side of her head. ;):lol:

I thought Beatrice looked splendid, but I didn't like Eugenie's outfit much. I think she would have been wise to choose a darker colour if she was going to wear such a form fitting skirt. And I don't think her hairstyle becomes her at all.

I loved what Beatrice wore today. Shock!:lol:

Beatrice looked amazing today. I loved everything she wore from head to toe. Can anyone ID her outfit?
This dress looks very similar to this coat http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/06/04/article-2335618-1A23B356000005DC-196_634x973.jpg
So it can be also by Hannah Coffin.

Edited: Yes, it's Hannah Coffin dress.

Eugenie: a knee-length turquoise number, by Max Mara, a cropped jacket by LK Bennett, a bespoke silver hat, made by Nerida Fraiman, Mulberry coral clutch bag.

Beatrice:a black silk dress with gold embellishment on the front by Hannah Coffin, a matching gold hat, made by Phillip Treacy.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal...ce-and-Eugenie-keep-it-low-key-for-Ladies-Day[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Oh dear....that light blue/turquoise dress is not good for her.

LaRae

They were both horrible. Eugenie's was ill fitting and the hat with Beatrice's dress look ridiculous and not part of an outfit. It must be hard to have all those funds and designers available to you and look awful.

Age and event appropriate. Its not an official engagement after all.

Age and event appropriate. Its not an official engagement after all.

I'm confused how does this not count as an official engagement for Beatrice but if Catherine did it, it would?

I'm confused how does this not count as an official engagement for Beatrice but if Catherine did it, it would?

The difference would be the CC, I believe. If it's in the CC it's an official engagement, if it's not then it isn't.

The difference would be the CC, I believe. If it's in the CC it's an official engagement, if it's not then it isn't.

Of course, but if it would be in the CC if Catherine did it then why not Beatrice?

Guess you will have to take that up with HM since she apparently determines what is or is not in the CC.

She looked wonderful, except for the skirt.

The lady standing behind both Princesses looked gorgeous.

I certainly have to agree with you; my gaze kept straying over to her and I loved her outfit. While I like the color on Eugenie, the fit wasn't flattering at all and her hair looked unkempt. While Bea's was better, I can't say it was sensational. For a summer outing, I don't understand why such a dark color.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom