Princess Marie's Fashion and Style Part 7: June 2012 - March 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

She seems to like those short jackets! Here's another look on the outfit without the scarf (which I like a lot):

** Upper part **

January 31, 2013 - Mary in beige pants, grey jacket & a colored scarf at an event

Full view

It's Marie, not Mary, please correct...

She seems to like those short jackets! Here's another look on the outfit without the scarf (which I like a lot):

** Upper part **

I love this outfit. very elegant, looks warm, and I, too, like those short jackets. Love the colouring and teh fact she put dark top under. And the scarf is amazing, would love to find one like that.

I think Marie looks very nice, elegant and professional.

Princess Marie in black and white at the Malene Birger fashion show yesterday, January 31, 2013.

** Full view ** Upper part **

Great outfit, very good choice for the fashion show. Marie looks lovely. Love the shorter pants and the shoes combo.

Last edited by a moderator:

** Upper part **
The shorter jacket suits her much better than the longer ones she tends to wear. Shorter ones tend to make her look a bit taller and flatter her.

Last edited:
I think she looks silly in this whole outfit with the short pants and the blouse hanging below the jacket. The only thing that I like is her pretty smile.

I really like the beige outfit. Marie looks very elegant. The outfit chosen for the fashion show is not to my taste. The slacks are too short and the entire look is just not very flattering.

Like the grey fitted short jacket and terrific scarf.
Think the fashion show outfit looks pretty bad, do not like the hang down blouse.

I do like the beige outfit. Suitable for the event and obviously comfortable in this style.

The fashion show choices of both princesses. I have a question. Is it etiquette to wear a designer's outfit to fashion show or could you instead turn up in something you personally love? Basically is a fashion show a chance to wear styles you don't normally choose because it is flattering to the host?

She has an amazing figure .... I didn't like the beige or the black and white ... but she isn't very tall and it is sooo hard to maintain that weight I am sure so I am really envious of her hard work there.

I do like the beige outfit. Suitable for the event and obviously comfortable in this style.

The fashion show choices of both princesses. I have a question. Is it etiquette to wear a designer's outfit to fashion show or could you instead turn up in something you personally love? Basically is a fashion show a chance to wear styles you don't normally choose because it is flattering to the host?

I don't think it's etiquette. But it's certainly now frowned upon by the politicians.
The fashion export is now one of the most important sectors in Denmark, so having two Princesses wearing the outfits of a Danish designer and in that way promoting Danish commerce, few are going to lift an eyebrow over that.

I doubt however that was the reason Mary and our Marie wore designs by Malene Birger. I think they simply wanted to honour the designer Malene Birger on her jubilee and the woman Malene Birger, whom they both know pretty well by now.

Last edited:

Princess Marie wearing a nice black dress at the welcome dinner of the CBS Case Competition 2013 in Copenhagen yesterday, February 24, 2013. I only dislike the shoes here.

** Full view ** Back view ** Upper part **

The dress is gorgeous, but I would have liked a nude hose better and the chunky bracelet and the shoes are terrible!

The dress is beautiful, but the shoes are a little too heavy for it. Otherwise, she looks great.

Yes the Dress is nice & the hose looks good IMO , But me too dislike the shoes not nice with the dress ! .

Last edited:
Agree dress lovely shoes horrible with dress.

Princess Marie wearing a nice black dress at the welcome dinner of the CBS Case Competition 2013 in Copenhagen yesterday, February 24, 2013. I only dislike the shoes here.

** Full view ** Back view ** Upper part **

I like the dress and the interesting details of the lace. I don't think the shoes are so bad, but they are just too heavy for such a delicate dress. Simple pumps would look better with this dress. Those shoes would probably be better with pants or wool dress.
What I don't like is the hose. Nude would look better, I think.

Marie just never seems to get it all right. It is a pretty dress with the delicate lace, but then she ruins the look with the heavy booties and chunky bracelet. It would have been so much prettier with simple pumps and sheer black tights...

Agree with everyone else, the dress is pretty but those shoes ... far too heavy for this dress. Not liking the purple clutch in this combo either.

Nice dress but I am not liking this kind of shoes with dresses

The dress is pretty but a pity her was worn down. With a lowish back cut, hair would've looked nicer up.

I think she looks great. The dress fits just perfectly, showing off her fabulous figure.
If anyone can wear those shoes, she can. I even don't mind the hair down, her hair looks better. She can wear black well.

A black lace cocktail dress (which is quite pretty) black hose and shoe boots? Yuck. It really trashed up that dress IMO. Sorry.

Dark hose for an evening function are not a big deal.

I personally don't think the shoes were that bad, mostly because they fit snugly around the ankle instead of being loose, but they're not my favorite shoes, either.

I love the dress, but the shoes do not go with it at all. Like someone pointed out, they're too heavy. The lacy top of the dress is very, very pretty, and the style suits Marie.

It could be a very good outfit but she ruined it all with those booties

Princess Marie at the Aarhus University Hospital's ward of HIV-infected patients on March 1st, wearing pants, jacket and a blouse:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Close up **

I think this is a very appropriate look for an engagement. The design on the blouse gives the outfit a bit of an 'oompf'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom