Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 15: August 2010 - October 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was never a fan of this outfit, but it's not that bad. IMO the shoes don't go well with it, they make the trousers look awkward.

I find this navy blue suit quite outdated. The trousers in particular and of course, the shiny fabric - quite a cheap look, IMO.

Nice top for a casual evening out, but to my eyes not a good one for this event.

Love this outfit. She wore it with different shoes this time.

I prefer not to comment on her style this last days :whistling:

For the 12th October she is going to wear a silk outfit by Varela.

Grand Class

I don't think it's really been all that bad. It could definitely use some improvement but nothing too disastrous IMO.

Here repeats aren't as bad, I just wish she would stop wearing nude colors she fades in pictures

I don't think it's really been all that bad. It could definitely use some improvement but nothing too disastrous IMO.

It is all the eyes of the beholder.

I found the outfit to be quite nice, ive always liked that top & it does work well with white pants. I do find it a bit too casual but it seems it's Letizia's new style to go casual for event (though I think she should go a bit more formal)

I prefer not to comment on her style this last days :whistling:

For the 12th October she is going to wear a silk outfit by Varela.

Grand Class

I haven't seen Letizia in silk at the national day the previous years, she usually wore heavier fabrics. Carlos has never seen Maxima and Mathilde in the same Natan clothes ? LOL :lol: He obviously needs a new pair of glasses.

I couldn't agree with you more, Duke of M. An awful choice for any visit, imho.

I haven't seen Letizia in silk at the national day the previous years, she usually wore heavier fabrics. Carlos has never seen Maxima and Mathilde in the same Natan clothes ? LOL :lol: He obviously needs a new pair of glasses.

He got right what she and the infantas wore in Sweden.

You forget that she is in Las Palmas. It's still very hot down there.

http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Oct2010/PPE10100425.jpg

I wish F&L would agree on a matching dress code and Felipe would come in smart casual clothes. The Prince in expensive custom made suit and tie and the Princess in low low buget clothes :wacko:

I hope colours are playing a trick on me and Letizia is not combining grey pants with blue shoes.

Imo the problems is not that she wears clothes from low budget shops, but the clothes she chooses. Even in Zara or Mango there more expensive looking clothes than the ones she wears and they would be much more adequate.

Anyone can see in their shops online that they have very nice clothes that would suit what her husband wears.

Imo the problems is not that she wears clothes from low budget shops, but the clothes she chooses. Even in Zara or Mango there more expensive looking clothes than the ones she wears and they would be much more adequate.

Anyone can see in their shops online that they have very nice clothes that would suit what her husband wears.

I agree with you. She choses clothes who look cheap!!! You van find even in the cheepest shops better outfits.
And I do not understand why she has to dress sooo cheap? She is the future Queen of Spain, nobody expects from her to wear rags!!!
She should wear good tissues, well cut. She can have less ourfits, with a better quality! Soon she will look like a poor student!!

I dare to assume that Crown Princess Letizia looks very much like a common middle-class Spanish woman. She does a poor job of choosing her ensembles and has not got any help from an person, who knows how to properly choose clothes (e.g., Don Jaime). It is always better to have a fewer high quality pieces than a closet full of cheap disposable ones. Although Crown Princess Letizia has got a model-type figure that will allow her a wide variety of choices, most of the clothes are ill-fitting. One would think that Zara/Mango/ etc. would do a better job dressing one of their ambassadors.

http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Oct2010/PPE10100425.jpg

I wish F&L would agree on a matching dress code and Felipe would come in smart casual clothes. The Prince in expensive custom made suit and tie and the Princess in low low buget clothes :wacko:

I hope colours are playing a trick on me and Letizia is not combining grey pants with blue shoes.

Your eyes are fine. Letizia is indeed wearing navy shoes with grey pants. Yes, I wish they would at least attempt to look like they are equals rather than the Prince wearing his usual fine clothing and his wife looking like she is there to carry his things. It looks ridiculous. And before anyone screams about the economic reasons for her choice in clothing there are choices she could make economically that would allow her to look like she is the Crown Princess of Spain. Letizia is not a common middle-class Spanish person, so it seems a little odd that she is the only one in the palace dressing to appear that way:flowers:

It is always better to have a fewer high quality pieces than a closet full of cheap disposable ones. Although Crown Princess Letizia has got a model-type figure that will allow her a wide variety of choices, most of the clothes are ill-fitting. One would think that Zara/Mango/ etc. would do a better job dressing one of their ambassadors.
You are correct -- but if she did only have a few high quality pieces, there are four people that immediately come to mind that would have a fit because she was wearing the same outfit too often. They take great pride in telling the exact dates and occasions that the outfits were previously wore. Letizia will never please everyone all of the time and she should not try. None of us should. All the other CPs seem to get the exact same criticism, maybe not as nasty, but the same. It will always be the way of the Royals. Actually some of the dresses and other outfits that people have hated or made vuglar remarks about, I have loved on Letizia and certainly would have wore if younger. Everyone's taste is different.

She has some nicer suits/dresses made by Felipe Varela, perhaps she just wants to dress like a common middle-class Spanish woman for some daily royal events. I can't think of any other reason unless those nice clothes made by Varela were lent to her that I doubt. It doesn't seem the Spanish press or public has much issue with it. I wish she could go back to wear her pantsuits as the first couple of years, although boring, but looked more professional, also matched hubby's clothes.

Her pants looked blue enough (possible blue/grey) in some of the pictures, her shirt has blue color in it. Hair looks nice though.

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/316/39191108.jpg
http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/8485/27122948.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/08VQ0Ioe33epy/x610.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0eFV7Phg4JfGt/610x.jpg

The first thing I notice is how she interacts with people and how they respond to her. Her outfit is secondary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom