Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 15: August 2010 - October 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Letizia during the National Day 2010:

Outfit
Full length
Without the poncho

So is this supposed to be a poncho or was she wrapped in a blaket? I can't say... :whistling:Imo it's a very disappointing choice for the National Day.

Last edited:
I quite like the outfit without the shawl. Although I also like the shawl and looks pleasing all in all, maybe a jacjet would have been better. But I like the bluse-pants combo.

I think this isn't the best outfit for the National Day...I don't like it at all

Very strange indeed! That is not a Poncho is a big big scarf...but strange and not elegant at all, maybe is cold in madrid now...

I'm very disappointed in Letizia's style -- and, particularly, her outfit today for such a grand national holiday!? Why is she always in pants and shirts? Not even a pants suit that looks like it's been "put together" ...

She really has had very few good fashion days since Frederik & Mary's wedding in 2004. :sad:

Outfit
Full length
Without the poncho

So is this supposed to be a poncho or was she wrapped in a blaket? I can't say... :whistling:
I agree, I don't like this shawl type thing. I don't like any of the new styles of these loose outer garments. They are being shown all over the runways and I am not impressed. Dislike the Ruanas [most of all], Ponchos, Wraps, and Capes [unless opera length with hood for evening wear]. None of them do anything for a woman's figure, especially one that is over weight as they make her look twice as large instead of hiding. Some just remind me of a woman trying to look like a teenager. The rest of Letizia's outfit rather nice.

very disappointing indeed i don't think its very appropriate outfit for sush event.
beside her sisters in law Letizia look like she don't take seriously the events she attend IMO.

Letizia looked way out of place but that has been for so many events that she has not been dressing appropriate or dressing for the event.
Letizia's look today was pretty IMO, the shirt matched with the pants is lovely & would look beautiful with a matching jacket or coat.

I wonder why she choose pants, its not an event to wear pants to but a dress or skirt like previous events.

I agree the outfit is not appropriate for this day. And her hair need a cut.

very disappointing indeed i don't think its very appropriate outfit for sush event.
beside her sisters in law Letizia look like she don't take seriously the events she attend IMO.

I agree. She looks as if she can't be bothered.

Outfit
Full length
Without the poncho

So is this supposed to be a poncho or was she wrapped in a blaket? I can't say... :whistling:Imo it's a very disappointing choice for the National Day.

I like the outfit itself, less with the cover up part.
Not sure of its appropriateness for the occasion, but guess it was not, since the National Day is an important celebration in Spain.

Is it April Fools Day or National Day? Letizia looks like a joke, far too casual for this event. As usual the other SRF women chose to wear some classy and appropriate outfits.

Letizia doesnt look happy at all but I have no doubt that HOLA! & Co will even find the horseblanket that she is wrapping around herself trendy and stylish. Too bad that the one Princess who wanted to be known for other things that "fashion" has now become a "media trendsetter" for her looks, even when wearing cheap and ugly clothes, because praising Letizia the style icon means easy money for the magazines.

HuffingtonPost is ahead of Hola telling that the shawl is trendy. The outfit per se is all right. I like a soft peach blouse. However, it is inappropriate for the occasion and the shawl tends to overwhelm the ensemble.

I do not like anything about this outfit. The shawl is rediculous. She never gets dressed right for the events. I wonder what is her aim. :nonono:

Bad choice of Letizia for this important event. Needs to learn about how a princess should dress and not use her own taste, sometimes too ridiculous.
A nice and simple 2 pc jacket and skirt would be just stunning. Pants are not the best for this kind of event, just look how casual she looks among the other ladies of the family.
Not talking about the poncho, imo only Maxima can take it very graceful and elegant way.

Letizia looked way out of place but that has been for so many events that she has not been dressing appropriate or dressing for the event.
Letizia's look today was pretty IMO, the shirt matched with the pants is lovely & would look beautiful with a matching jacket or coat.

I wonder why she choose pants, its not an event to wear pants to but a dress or skirt like previous events.
I agree...she seems not to care.

I have spent so long willing Letizia to stun everyone and show what a great ambassador she is. But every time I see her at an event I can't help but feel that her heart just isnt in it

Well said, crm. With a few exceptions, I get the same feelings. It is as though she is just going through the motions...

Well said, crm. With a few exceptions, I get the same feelings. It is as though she is just going through the motions...

Some kind of crisis?
At some point I thought, maybe it's a statement. But, on the other hand, maybe she just doesn't care?

The shawl seem like it would be very annoying to wear, especially with any
wind at all.

And that costume belt thing with her pants looks so cheap for the occasion.

I don't think she doesn't care about the event, perhaps she doesn't think the clothes are as important as the posters on the royal forums, or she got a bad advice from her designer, obviously Varela didn't think clothes were too casual or inappropriate.

The clothes are a bit casual for the event, she looked good in them though. The blouse is quite nice, probably it's the silk outfit specially made by Varela mentioned by Carlos in his article posted here before.
http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/7718/profimedia0081843393.jpg
http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/8256/profimedia0081844134.jpg

A cute picture.
http://noticias.terra.es/2010/mundo...-fiesta-nacional-fiesta-nacional-03$599x0.jpg

It is great that Crown Princess Letizia does not care about the clothes. Should she care about the appropriateness of a certain ensemble? I guess no. It's high time old rules were revamped.:whistling: Who needs them? However, I strongly believe that true aristocrats are always dressed appropriately. It is unfortunate that not so many of them are left.
Historically speaking, Spain had a lot of gold, but France had a impeccable taste in fashion. I think the same is true today.

Historically speaking, Spain had a lot of gold, but France had a impeccable taste in fashion. I think the same is true today.

That's why Elena recycled her Chanel coat bought by her ex, she looked the best.

I don't think she doesn't care about the event, perhaps she doesn't think the clothes are as important as the posters on the royal forums, or she got a bad advice from her designer, obviously Varela didn't think clothes were too casual or inappropriate.

The clothes are a bit casual for the event, she looked good in them though. The blouse is quite nice, probably it's the silk outfit specially made by Varela Carlos mentioned in his article posted here before.

A cute picture.
http://noticias.terra.es/2010/mundo...-fiesta-nacional-fiesta-nacional-03$599x0.jpg

No, I didn't mean she doesn't care about the event. I meant, maybe she doesn't care what people think about what she wears. I think her outfits somehow must be accepted by the Spanish Royal Court, IDK, maybe the Queen, maybe the King. But there is (again, just my speculations) some type of protocol to follow, I would assume, so, if she continues to wear what she wears, maybe that's fine with the RF?

The clothes are a bit casual for the event, she looked good in them though. The blouse is quite nice, probably it's the silk outfit specially made by Varela mentioned by Carlos in his article posted here before.

A cute picture.

Her hair is nice....about the way she dressed, maybe she doesn't care

This is a very unfortunate outfit. If I wasn't a "royal watcher" it would give me the impression that this woman has no idea how to dress for the ocassion. It is downhill from Letizia.

I do not think is great she doesn't care about her outfits cause, she is a princess, actually she is THE princess of Spain and at the end of the day, she DOES CARE and she thinks she looks wonderfully and hip and modern when in reality, this past year, has been a parade of ugly not adequate for the ocasssion outfits

This is a very unfortunate outfit. If I wasn't a "royal watcher" it would give me the impression that this woman has no idea how to dress for the ocassion. It is downhill from Letizia.

I do not think is great she doesn't care about her outfits cause, she is a princess, actually she is THE princess of Spain and at the end of the day, she DOES CARE and she thinks she looks wonderfully and hip and modern when in reality, this past year, has been a parade of ugly not adequate for the ocasssion outfits

Isn't that bizzare then, that she keeps thinking her outfits are great while they are not? I mean, wouldn't be there someone to tell her she is not doing as great job as she thinks she is? Assuming, of course, her outfits ARE not great. But, what if they are to her as much as to whoever is responsible for the Royal wardrobe? Guess we can speculate a lot, but we won't ever know what is really happening there. Somehow I think her choices must be accepted by the SRF, otherwise we would sure hear something about the trouble in that area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom