Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 5: June 2012 - July 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Charlene seems to have a serene expression on her face most of the time; how apropos that her title is Serene Highness. I also liked the outfit and realize that she goes for a very minimal look in jewelry, but a nice long strand of pearls would have gone well with her pearl earrings and the dark dress, which looks navy to me against Albert's black suit.
You read my mind, I thought pearls too.
However, this dress, the fit, and color are really perfection!
Not to mention the shoes!

I love it when Charlene steps out looking as did! The navy was a great choice - very simple and elegant and classic and beautiful, yet the texture made it fun. And the fit was flattering. I think she accessorized it well, but a little more bling would not have hurt ;).

Charlene is an ordinary lady who is married well. She will never be able to escape who and what she is and what her taste is because that comes from erudition and just as Charlene was born to be a great athlete and others were not she was not born to be a fashion plate......devoted wife,etc..all good things yes and true but when it comes to attire not extraordinary as her aquatic career and her husband's status.power by association... good if u can get it.So far so good let's not go bananas

As far as I know we have mostly commoners in roles of royalty - or as royal spouses - these days. There is Mette-Marit of Norway, Mary of Denmark, Daniel of Sweden, Maxima of Holland and that is just a few.

Most of the royalty we are appreciating on this site were 'ordinary [...] who married well.' Most of these ordinary people were not 'born to be a fashion plate,' either. But being a fashion plate is not genetically determined - anybody can rise to the challenge if given the time and where-withal to focus in that way. ;)

In Charlene's case, she is demonstrating a very classy style - you may not like her style, that's fair, but for some her minimalist style is 'very Chanel' - "Dress shabbily, they notice the dress. Dress impeccably, they notice the woman." The way Charlene is dressing we are most assuredly noticing the woman.

Last edited:
I think the dress is a little boring, but her make-up is lovely.

She looks good, actual color which is strong like this suits her way better than pale colors.

I also liked yesterday's look, very elegant and lovely!

Today, June 16, Charlene has chosen a sportive look, she visited the Monaco Rugby Union Club and wore wide black
pants and a black t-shirt, not best looking but comfortable for a round ;) and easy to change (see the club's t-shirt),
so it's been perfect for the occasion:

** Full view ** Upper part ** With the club's t-shirt **

Princess Charlene attended the graduation ceremony of the International School of Monaco today, June 19, 2012, wearing the nice black dress again she has worn before on June 10.

** Full view ** Upper part ** June 10 **

Princess Charlene attended the graduation ceremony of the International School of Monaco today, June 19, 2012, wearing the nice black dress again she has worn before on June 10.

I must admit that her look is quite disappointing and recycling this dress again after such a short period since it was first worn and wearing a very similar 2 dresses (black skirt with a different top part & the sky blue).

Fantastic dress!
I absolutely love the way it sits on her.

Charlene looks lovely in the black dress.

I was really hoping she wouldn't wear this black dress again. It is one of my least favorite. The shorter hemline in the front makes the dress look so strange. It's like they ran out of material before they were able to finish the dress.

Last edited:
She looks great in that black dress!

I don't mind the graduated hemline (how apropos given the occasion) as much as I do the starkness of the outfit. Again, some jewel or a colorful accessory might have brighten up a dark look for a happy occasion.

Charlene is a handsome woman - a beautiful woman. She is always lovely. She has a model-like presentation - she has the body for it. I am one person particularly fond of her minimalist style - yet in this case, especially in that 1st picture, it feels way too 'casual' for the occasion. In the 3rd picture it seems to be okay - but not otherwise.

I appreciate that she may be trying to dress 'quick and easy' but she needs to start thinking this through a bit. I have to agree in this instance that some jewelry would have sophisticated the look, a diamond choker, anything - and if not jewelry, an elegant scarf.

Yet, even having said all the above, this is so 'her'. It's starting to be hard to vision her any other way. Men, after all, have it this simple - why not the woman?

Last edited:
iceflower said:

This is a very nice dress that fits well on her, she seems to be taking a liking to this style of skirt and I like to see her run with it. The hair is dissapointing, but I can look passed it.

Strange outfit for this event, ugly shoes.

I agree its a strange outfit for the event, seems she missed the dress code. I would expect a nice coat with dress or a short dress or even nice pants with a dressy top. I thought the heels were the best part of the look :lol:

The article says it is an Akris dress. Thanks so much for posting the images and articles. I love the dress, the graduated hemline, and the way it focuses attention on the fabulous sandals!
Something was needed in the upper area, jewelry, scarf or something.
It seems that it is a very dressy look for a graduation, but we don't know what time it was held or the circumstances, other than it was held at the Palace.

I don't care what people say, she's wearing black she looks good & she seems to be having fun.

Is Charlene in mourning? Has some family member or close friend passed away?

If not, it's a very un-summery colour. She's on the Mediterranean in June, the dress just is so out of sync with the occasion and the setting. I hate the raised hemline of the second black dress; it's like it's too small for her.

The sandals are teriffic. The dress is elegant and I like the hem, which makes the dress. Nothing wrong with black at any time of year. Black is my favorite color in clothing, so I think the outfit is the Cat's meow!

Yesterday she wore white instead of black ;)

Princess Charlene attended the award ceremony of the 4th FANB Monaco Sports-Health-Environment challenge - both she and Caroline chose a more casual look as it's been an event with school children.

** Full view **

Love Charlene's outfit here her choices lately have not been to my taste but I would love to be able to look so gorgeous in something as simple as that.

Quite a fresh look, like the top part but not a fan of dove colored pants.

Charlene is in white and Caroline has e red top. they conbined the colors to make the red and white colors of the flag

Charlene looks lovely.
It's a simple but very pretty look.

Is Charlene in mourning? Has some family member or close friend passed away?

If not, it's a very un-summery colour. She's on the Mediterranean in June, the dress just is so out of sync with the occasion and the setting. I hate the raised hemline of the second black dress; it's like it's too small for her.

It is understandable that for evening wear, black can be worn during the spring and summer months. I do not agree that black is appropriate for day wear during these months.

I really like the white outfit. It's very feminine and pretty. Charlene looks lovely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom