The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2018, 10:26 AM
Serene Highness

Thumbs up from me for the looks Meghan wore ito both Anzac events. I would have preferred her hair to be more "contained" but I still like the looks.

Old 04-25-2018, 10:28 AM
Majesty

Didn’t like her first outfit. Reminded me of Carmen Sandiego. I still think her clothes are either too big or not tailored properly.

Old 04-25-2018, 10:35 AM
Courtier

A few thoughts - Meghan is a beautiful woman, there is no denying that. I loved the wide brim hat for the dawn service. And it paired well with the outfit. I'm not a fan of this coat. The shoulder cut makes for wide shoulders. But with the hat, it looked more fitting. Overall this outfit scored an 8 out of 10 for me. It's most definitely one of her better looks.

The Thanksgiving service outfit, really depends on the angle of the photo I'm viewing. The cut is beautiful from above. Some of the looks, where they cut at her waist, it looks heavy on top. And the length cuts funny at her shins making her look rather shorter than she is. But I do love the dress and the beret hat was fitting with it. Another solid look. She appears to be learning or getting more comfortable with her role and what it means for her fashion. Another 8/10.

Be a good person.
Old 04-25-2018, 10:36 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Didn’t like her first outfit. Reminded me of Carmen Sandiego. I still think her clothes are either too big or not tailored properly.
I agree. In general, I still have an issue with most of her outfits not being tailored. I'm not crazy about either outfits.
Old 04-25-2018, 10:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

The first outfit (gray coat with fedora). The coat is a tad too big in the shoulders and the button and pockets are a little too much together, but the hat is lovely and her hair is out of her face. Definitely an improvement, but still little things for me.
The second outfit is very lovely, but I'm not sure that the short waisted coat is a winner for Meghan, she is a very petite woman and this outfit, IMO, makes her look bigger than she actually is. I will say that all in all she looks lovely for this service and the length of the skirt is a good one for Meghan.
Old 04-25-2018, 10:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Loved her first outfit, especially the gorgeous hat! Second outfit I guess can be termed 'appropriate' . She does like longer skirt lengths and that usually works for her but in this case with this very heavy all-black outfit I think shorter would have lightened up the whole impression. JMO of course.

When Meghan began her public events she was doing the 'tour' and casual was the rule. Now in the last few weeks she's been doing actual royal events and her dress reflects that, I think. I would not say she has 'changed' so much. Suspect we will continue to see her unique (for Britain) casual dress on her walk-abouts.
Old 04-25-2018, 10:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
When Meghan began her public events she was doing the 'tour' and casual was the rule. Now in the last few weeks she's been doing actual royal events and her dress reflects that, I think. I would not say she has 'changed' so much. Suspect we will continue to see her unique (for Britain) casual dress on her walk-abouts.
I agree with this. Don't expect to see coat dresses at any of the less formal engagements.
Old 04-25-2018, 11:02 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post

Good point about the more casual nature of the walkabouts. It will be interesting to see how many of those vs more formal engagements there will be going forward.

(..)
Old 04-25-2018, 11:04 AM
Nobility

Liked both her looks today.
Old 04-25-2018, 12:06 PM
Serene Highness

Love the black fedora...grey coat just a tad big for me but I’d say we saw two home runs today!
Old 04-25-2018, 12:17 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missjersey View Post
Love the black fedora...grey coat just a tad big for me but I’d say we saw two home runs today!
She has improved her look in these last days- stockings, longer dress=appropriate look.
Old 04-25-2018, 12:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missjersey View Post
Yes just a little more tailored. Love the style...reminds me of the 40's/50's

LaRae
Old 04-25-2018, 12:59 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Not liking the black outfit, the top is too boxy, it somehow looks shapeless.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/20...4658510382.jpg
Old 04-25-2018, 01:01 PM
Courtier

It's super matronly, the length is unflattering, and it looks uncomfortable to wear.
Old 04-25-2018, 01:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curbside View Post
It's super matronly, the length is unflattering, and it looks uncomfortable to wear.
Have to agree with you here. I think this is a time when she got clear advice to be conservative with no flair. Her 'flair' was saved for the morning service which I thought was super nice: hat and coat and hair and all. I think this black outfit is what we can expect when Meghan is playing by those unwritten rules we hear tell about, and she 'goes BRF'.
Old 04-25-2018, 02:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I couldn't disagree MORE.. those heels are ANYTHING but 'matronly'.. she looks very chic 'all in all'.
Old 04-25-2018, 02:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Considering it is a bespoke design, it was made for her for a specific purpose. She is getting things sorted as to what is expected at certain types of events.

LaRae

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
I couldn't disagree MORE.. those heels are ANYTHING but 'matronly'.. she looks very chic 'all in all'.

You know who I thought of? Those chic women of the 30's and 40's. Also (as mentioned earlier) those classy ladies you see in the south when they are dressing up formal.

I love it. I love the material, the design, the outline..the hat is even better than the other beret's she worn. The dragonfly is a perfect touch.

LaRae
Old 04-25-2018, 02:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Was she back with her trusted Manolos for the second outfit?
Old 04-25-2018, 02:17 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by loonytick View Post
I love, love, love the wide-brimmed hat on Meghan but that gray coat is astoundingly bad. The buttons are too large...the double pocket flaps are out of place...the contrast between the trim waist and wide shoulders...it's all just too much. It's fussy and dated; it overwhelms her.
I agree. The first thing I noticed were the shoulders.
Old 04-25-2018, 02:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Was she back with her trusted Manolos for the second outfit?
You know...haven't seen anyone ID the second outfit yet...other than the dress.

LaRae

Closed Thread