Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 1: March 2005 - May 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
CP Mary hardly ever makes fashion mistakes, her taste is impeccable, stylish, classic all together, she must have a really good stylist and good taste. I have also notices that she has grown somewhat fuller, which is more flattering IMHO

Black dress from Malene Birger and Purpel coat from Prada for Queen Ingrid Memorial COncert

Pink tie-dress for research day

Photocredit
AOP Denmark via AP, Cropped from Polfoto, scanpix

Last edited:
Toledo said:
I don't like the pattern either. Looks she walked through the kitchen while the kitchen staff was having a food fight involving flying dinner plates glued with velcro. :p

What I have noticed about Mary is that she has a tendancy to try to make too much of a fashion statement, especially with these bold prints. It is usually not very flattering on her.

A few updates. Old dresses, but new looks.

state visit from Bulgaria:

foto from Polfoto

Gala for the Swedish King's 60th birthday:

foto from Picture Press Europe

Private dinner in Sweden for the King's birthday:

foto from Getty Images

The stunning Top and Skirt by Carolina Herrera.

1-April 2005

2&3-May 2006

source :polfoto,hellomegazine

I really love the carolina Herrera outfit! She carries it off very well.

Is the dress that Princess Mary wore to Prince Philip von Hessen's wedding the same as the one she wore to the Ballet? when she was pregnant. (I think she wore it with a little fur cape/stole)

Sorry I couldn't find the picture.

Yes, it is the same dress.

photos from retno and Billed Bladet

Mary always very beautiful and elegant,she really has excellent taste,she looks wonderful in almost everything she wears!!!

i have to agree. she looks great in almost everything... and she has the best accessories too especially her shoes :).....

I love that red dress, from state visit from Bulgaria. That shiny color really matches to her. Thank you for pictures!

Mary recycling this brown dress:

Mary77.jpg

(Credit: Top Foto)
Mary and Frederik attending a wedding 2003.

Mary92.jpg

(Credit: Polfoto)
New Year's 2006

There are pictures with better views but I couldn't find sources for them.

Thanks to CPMMB

Mary seems to love her cardigans, here's another one:

Mary98.jpg

The royal family at a Philharmonic concert 2004.

Mary97.jpg

(Credit: Hello Magazine)
Mary and Frederik at a friend's wedding 2006.

Mary96.jpg

(Credit: Scanpix)
Mary at the Odense Flower Festival christening the Crown Princess Mary Rose (or something like that).

Thanks to CPMMB

Mary has recycled this dress three times:

Mary122.jpg

(Credit: Australian's Women's Weekly)
Mary doing a photoshoot for Women's Weekly along with an interview.

Mary121.jpg

Mary at an official dinner in Hobart during the 2005 Australia visit.

Mary120.jpg

(Credit: Aftonbladet)
Mary at King Carl XVI Gustaf's 60th birthday celebrations.

It's interesting how the color of the dress changes with the light.

Last edited:
Mary recycling this wrap:

Mary123.jpg

(Credit: Retno)
Mary attending a ballet.

Mary121.jpg

Mary at an official dinner in Hobart during the 2005 Australia visit.

Mary recycling this lovely black coat:

(Credit: Retna)
Mary and Frederik at an ISAF event 2004.

(Credit: Pressens Bild)
Frederik and Mary at a Red Cross Charity Concert for Pakistan 2005.

(Credit: ActionPress)
Mary at "Beauty and the Beast" 2005.

Thanks to CPMMB

Last edited:
we have not seen maty in gala for a while now
but i do think she looks very ggod in red, i would love to see her in a more dramatic dress but then again that us not her style

Mary recycling this dress and a gorgeous pair of Pedro Garcia shoes:

Mary and Frederik attend a John Williams concert, 2006.

(Credit: Rex Features)
Mary and Frederik attend an reception for Empress Maria Feodorovna aboard the Danish ship "Ebsen Snare."

Thanks to CPMMB

Mary recycling this Celine dress:

Mary and Frederik celebrating Bent Fabricius's 80th birthday, 2004.

(Credit: Fotomarktplatz)
Mary and Frederik at a theatre gala performance, 2005.

Thanks to CPMMB

Wow, great pictures! I think Mary can pull off any colour, and that's why she almost always looks perfect in all her gala dresses, no matter the colour.

some beautiful gowns. simple but elegent.loved the black prada dress, it looked lovely on her, she carried it very well. black does suit her in a way. she obtained for a qua silver dress once, which was beautiful on her. it was a very royal dress.

I love that red dress that she wore in those official photos... I don't have a link to a photo right now, but that's one of my favourite dresses worn by Mary.

politikgirl said:
Wow, great pictures! I think Mary can pull off any colour, and that's why she almost always looks perfect in all her gala dresses, no matter the colour.
Totally agree wiith you- she looks amazing in any color and she has a great figure to carry the outfit well.

I really do love all Mary's gowns and am looking forward to the upcoming pregnancy gowns. IMO she has the best style of all the CP' s at present everything seems to look fab on her.

Solange said:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=104229&d=1110224916
I know it may sound a bit weird, but I was watching the videoclip of The Bloodhound Gang "unt tis" and there was this guy that was wearing a dress that looked similar to the one princess Mary wore.
(in case the link doesn't work, it is the purple one with polka dots)

I dislike this dress- too extravagant. Hairdo was too not best choice, but she had interesting shoes and unforgetable lovely smile :) :flowers:

mims111 said:
I dislike this dress- too extravagant. Hairdo was too not best choice, but she had interesting shoes and unforgetable lovely smile :) :flowers:

Fashion is always intresting. I loved that dress, thought it was really pertty, color wise and print. When i first sew it, i didnt like it to be honest, but then i came to like it. the shoes were really cute.:ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom