Charlotte Casiraghi's Fashion and Style Part 2: July 2010 - March 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you very much Merel.
Sugarbaby318 you're right!She wore again this skirt in Paris.I think she also wore a strange black coat that night..I didn't like the coat at all so I didn't pay attention to the rest outfit. :)

Maybe her cameo was turned sideways on purpose, for a greater effect, so to speak. As to the dress, well, it was hard to choose the right dress considering the situation. A cross between a mourning dress and a party dress... UFF!!!:ermm:
You are so right. Queen Elizabeth's the Qeen Mother was faced with the same dilemma when her mother died on the eve of a State visit to France. Her answer was her famous "White Wardrobe". Royal Collection - Queen Elizabeth's White Wardrobe, Paris 1938

But Charlotte's loses point over removing the belt. The elastic bothers me.

What a great change from not wearing Chanel to this event. I liked the dress in her but the elastic needed to be covered by a thin belt or something as it did look odd.

What a great change from not wearing Chanel to this event. I liked the dress in her but the elastic needed to be covered by a thin belt or something as it did look odd.

agreed. I do like the simplicity of the look given the passing away of their great-aunt though.

Well, Charlotte's version is a vast improvement over the runway version. It looks like she took in the shoulders alot! And she definately has some well-toned arms - why not show them off?!
Yes it looks better with the shoulders taken in some and she does have nice arms. Somehow it doesn't flow well on her though or perhaps it just doesn't photograph well.
So sorry to hear about her great aunt's passing.

I don't like the material, it looks cheap. Also, the dress is too big and more suitable for an older person than for someone in their 20s.
I totally agree with you Cinderella: that's exactly what I thought when I saw Charlotte's dress at Rose Ball. I know she was in mourning and I respect this, but the dress didn't fit her very well, as far as I'm concerned, it made her look inelegant. Maybe with a belt...:ermm:
At the contrary, I found her very elegant at her great aunt's funeral. Even her posture was pretty good, maybe because her heels were less high than usual: Charlotte Casiraghi Pictures - Princess Melanie-Antoinette Funerals In Cathedrale de Monaco - Zimbio

Charlotte looked good at the funeral even elegant.

Charlotte Casiraghi attending a gala evening for Amade in Monaco, April 7th 2011.

Very nice spring colour and fabric.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Close-Up **

Last edited:
iceflower said:

Charlotte Casiraghi attending a gala evening for Amade in Monaco, April 7th 2011.

Very nice spring colour and fabric.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Close-Up **

Lovely dress and girl! But she looks so sad :(

It's lovely, and such a resfreshing change for her....but isn't the family supposed to be in mourning?

GORGEOUS!!

But why I havethe impression that the dress belongs to her mother??

Well, it could very well be a model of the 70's and it could very well be worn by P. Caroline ( it's so her type... ). Im'm surprised with Charlotte, though. Not wearing black? The girl's lost it. One of these days we shall see her in red or green... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

She looks lovely in that gown. However, it is nothing like the runway dress. It is similar fabric, but not a modification --- a total remake if it is a Valli design.

Nah, they got rid of the fur-thingies on the top and got rid of the lower white band. No major modifications. Pretty sure it's the Valli dress.

Love the Valli dress. I really like it when Charlotte wears bright colors. They complement her skin tone so well.

I don't recall seeing Charlotte in a gown this colour before - it's refreshing to see a lighter shade for evening wear.

LOVE the dress! She looks gorgeous...finally she's wearing something other than black.

Wasn't impressed upon first viewing because I think it makes her look too washed out, but then when I saw the pics of her laughing it made all the difference in the world! Ah what a smile and a laugh will do. :)

That said, yellow imho belongs to blonde fair-skinned women like Charlene Wittstock. There are those age old monologues about which color looks best on which color skin, and most of the times they are right, see here: What Are My Best Colors to Wear | LoveToKnow

Therefore, Charlotte being an autumn versus a summer, she would look best in earth-tones and spicy colors.

This all sets me in the mood to find out what color dress she and the rest of her family will be wearing at the upcoming Roya Wedding of Albert & Charlene! :flowers:

KittyAtlanta said:
She looks lovely in that gown. However, it is nothing like the runway dress. It is similar fabric, but not a modification --- a total remake if it is a Valli design.

Straight off the runway vs bought in stores are always 2 different looks- runway designs are modified to appeal to the masses

Love the dress. Her simple fashions are always so chic. Nice arms too.

Well, it could very well be a model of the 70's and it could very well be worn by P. Caroline ( it's so her type... ). Im'm surprised with Charlotte, though. Not wearing black? The girl's lost it. One of these days we shall see her in red or green... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Well with her being such a young girl, I think she should rather wear such colors than blacks & greys :) She seems to be able to pull almost all colors off & prints as well.

I hate dresses without shoulder straps, especially in her case

Charlotte looks really pretty :)

Yes, the dress looks very nice on her. And is it just my impression or Charlotte looks quite tanned for this time of the year? Anyway, her skin tone contrasts nicely with the coulor of her dress.:princess: :princess: :princess:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom