Crown Prince Frederik, Current Events 3: September 2010 - May 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks muhler!
it is quite intereseting to see how reshuffles work in different countries.
In Italy, for example, the president of the republic greets the new ministers, but no farewell ceremony is scheduled for the old ones... as if no one wants to thank them or they haven't done anything to be tahnked for!

Crown Prince Frederik plays the opening stone before the first game of the World Women's Curling Championships 2011 in the Granly Hockey Arena in Esbjerg, Denmark.
March 18, 2011

BelgaPicture - Category details

Crown Prince Frederik plays the opening stone before the first game of the World Women's Curling Championships 2011 in the Granly Hockey Arena in Esbjerg, Denmark.
March 18, 2011

Thank you, Marika :flowers:

Curling is, for whatever reason, a serious sport in DK. Not least among women. :brush:
The male chauvinist within me is not surprised at all. The broom has after all been an instrument very much used by women for many many years. Both for cleaning and as a mode of transport...:p :hiding:

(BB is up).

Last edited:

Curling is, for whatever reason, a serious sport in DK. Not least among women. :brush:
The male chauvinist within me is not surprised at all. The broom has after all been an instrument very much used by women for many many years. Both for cleaning and as a mode of transport...:p :hiding:

(BB is up).

You're welcome Muhler. I like your sense of humor about the broom :flowers:

It's a nice game. I discovered it in 2006 during the winter olympic games in Italy

Now for something more serious.

In continuation of the procedure we discussed when the new ministers are appointed, I thought it would be an idea to go through the procedure when a law is passed and when a decision is made in the Parliament.

Right now the Parliament is in session to discuss the deployment of Danish forces to Libya. - As all parties are in favour that motion will be agred on within the next two hours. And that means that the fighters will take off Saturday morning.

The Constitution states very cleary that, with the exception of an invasion or an attack on Danish forces, the king (represented by the government) must first obtain a mandate when going to war outside Danish territory.

After having agreed on the basis in the corridors the government make a draft outlining the mandate and detailing the rules of engagement and details of deployment of Danish forces.
The draft go through a motion in the Parliament. Here questions are asked and answered and based on terms from other parties there is an agreement with various conditions, amendments and so on.

Having agreed on that, the final draft go through a second motion where final comments are made, some details are added and so on.
When that motion is passed the military high command is informed and the forces are ordered to deploy. (In this case fighters, perhaps ships later on, but no ground forces. And with a very wide mandate in regards to rules of engagement).
QMII is informed, presumably tomorrow, that Her Majesty's forces are going to war. - QMII is the head of state and the commander in chief and it all happens in her name. (Anyway DK has officially been in a state of war since 2003, after the deployment to Afghanistan).

That was a mandate. The procedure is slightly different when it's about a law.

Here the parties again agree in the corridor.
A draft is presented in the Parliament at a session. - With questions, suggestions, critique and so on.
Based on that the draft is modified and then go through a second session/motion. - Where the draft is again being debated and based on that additional modifications are made.

Then the draft go through the third and final motion. Ending up with a vote. If there is a majority the draft becomes law.

But the law is not vallid until it has been signed by the Monarch/Regent/Rigsforstander.

It can however only be enforced after it has been published in Statstidende. - Because people need to know about a law, before they can follow it, let alone be prosecuted for breaking it.

That, very briefly, are the procedures for passing a law and passing a mandate.

Last edited:

(BB is up).

Curling is even an Olympic sport and popular in many countries, not only the nordic ones. Switzerland or UK are doing very well, so are the US or Canada. Its very popular to watch, I got really into it many years ago when I had to stay at home because of illness during Winter Olympics.

And Muhler, the Danish men arent too bad when looking at the world rankings - seems there has been some male emancipation going on over the years ;)

Curling is even an Olympic sport and popular in many countries, not only the nordic ones. Switzerland or UK are doing very well, so are the US or Canada. Its very popular to watch, I got really into it many years ago when I had to stay at home because of illness during Winter Olympics.

And Muhler, the Danish men arent too bad when looking at the world rankings - seems there has been some male emancipation going on over the years ;)

Curling would be a pure male sport, if it was allowed to use motorised sweepers to move those round thingies around. :cool:

Duke of Marmalade said:

Canada rocks at Curling!!!! :p

Hi Muhler, love the little smilie with the broom. Haven't seen that one before. I don't believe curling is played in the southern hemisphere, but I do like watching the sport at the winter olympics. Sort of like our lawn bowls played on grass. That is very popular here in Australia mostly among the older generation, but now a lot of younger ones are finding the sport now. Thanks also for the constitutional explanations. Hope one and all stay safe in whatever war like activity against Libyia. Very sad to see all this unrest in Arab countries becoming so violent.

Hi Muhler, love the little smilie with the broom. Haven't seen that one before. I don't believe curling is played in the southern hemisphere, but I do like watching the sport at the winter olympics. Sort of like our lawn bowls played on grass. That is very popular here in Australia mostly among the older generation, but now a lot of younger ones are finding the sport now. Thanks also for the constitutional explanations. Hope one and all stay safe in whatever war like activity against Libyia. Very sad to see all this unrest in Arab countries becoming so violent.

You are welcome. :)

It it petanque? We have a local club of, - ahem - mature, petanque players around here. They are pretty fanatic. :p
Well, it keeps them off the streets I guess.
They even have jackets with club markings on the back. They do resemble senior bikers when they come walking in groups, :cool::cool::cool: come to think of it. A bit like Hell's Grannies from Monty Python. :lol:

Last edited:
March 18, 2011

Thank you Marika!!

I went looking for these pics earlier today, but had no luck.

I curled Varsity in High School and then took part in a Blind/Visually Impaired program close to twenty years ago when it was just getting started in our area. Now Blind/Visually Impaired Curling is very close to Paralympic inclusion. They were hoping to get in for Vancouver, but it didn't happen. Hopefully come Sochi it will be.

Anyway...For those who think it's an easy sport, two things.

1 ~ You will discover brand new muscles and tendons in your arms and shoulders you never dreamed existed before you tried sweeping a curling rock down that sheet of ice. I was sore for the better part of three weeks after my first time.

2 ~ Never ever, ever, ever slip, and while you're falling, end up smacking your ankle against the side of a curling rock. I still all these years later have no idea how I didn't break my ankle. It sure turned all kinds of interesting colours though. :whistling:

My Canadian Ladies play Denmark today. May the best team win!!

Thanks again for the link Marika!! :flowers:

Kronprinsen: Glæder mig til at afsløre navnene - Royale - BT.dk

Frederik went to a movie premiere Saturday evening at Imperial cinema in Copenhagen.
Here he and who's who of Copenhagen went to see the movie Juan by Kasper Holten.

Frederik said: "I'm looking forward to revealing the names of the twins for everyone".
Jokingly pretending not to have expected a question about how the twins are doing he replied: "They are fine and at home".

Gallery: Se billederne: Kendte flokkedes til Holtens nye film | www.bt.dk
The first couple of pics are of Frederik.

previous.gif
Article and video from "Billed Bladet"

Billed-Bladet - Video: Kronprins Frederik til premiere på operafilm

Google Traduttore

Frederik has been all over the place this past week.

Summary of two articles in Billed Bladet #14, 2011.
Written by Anna Johannesen & the Ulrik Ulriksen.

Last week he visited the Australian ambasador, James Choi in his private residence in Hellerup. (Posh part of Copenhagen).
Frederik said hello from Mary, and the ambassador fully appreciated why Mary wasn't there: "She must have her hands full".

The purpose of the visit is that the exhibition Sculpture by the Sea will come to Denmark again this year.
63 artists from 21 countries will be represented. The exhibtion will start on the 2. June and the sculptures will be placed in Aarhus. (*)

Friday last week, Frederik was the guest of honor at the Royal Theatre for the play Fanny and Alexander. He did not sit in the royal box, but among the ordinary paying guests.

Saturday evening Frederik went to see the premiere of the movie: Juan, by Kapser Holten. And he stayed for the afterparty in the foyer of the cinema afterwards. No wonder as many of M&F's personal friends were there as well.

The up Sunday morning so he could fly to London, for the SportAccord Convention, which ended Tuesday.

(*) The last time the exhibition was in DK it was a colossal success! Mind you, they had found the perfect location to place the sculptures. Aarhus has a unique combination of beach, bay, city and forest which provided a very scenic (and practical) setting for the exhibtion.
Mrs. Muhler and I went to the first exhibition and we are sure going to this one as well.
I should be very much mistaken if M&F, and QMII as well won't drop by to see the exhibition. Especially as it's almost next door to Marselisborg.

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #14, 2011.
Frederik alene til Afrika - Frederik alone to Africa.
Written by Trine Larsen.

Towards the end of May, Frederik will travel to Mosambique on behalf of Danish Red Cross for four days.
The schedule will be pretty strenous which is why Mary will not go with him.

The purpose of the trip is to put focus on poverty and not least the living conditions of the children there, prior to the nation wide fundrasing later this year, in which Frederik is also involved. - And presumably Mary as well.

Red Cross has a number of ongoing projects in Mosambique and Frederik is going to visit a number of these.

Last edited by a moderator:
Full translation of article in Billed Bladet #15, 2011.
Festlige Frederik i London – Cheerful Frederik in London.
Interviewer: Trine Larsen.

- I’ve decided to translate this article in full because it provides us with an interesting glimpse into how Frederik is on a one to one basis. Trine Larsen usually cover Joachim and Alexandra and that makes it more interesting.

Only ten days prior to the christening of the twins Frederik has popped over to London for a couple of days. Away from children and christening-preparations, but not, as you might think, for a couple of days of peace and quiet.
Nope, the busy father of four may get a full nights sleep for the first time since long ago but on the other hand he has a tight schedule where he is on from early morning to late in the evening.
Despite that Crown Prince Frederik has agreed to an interview with Billed Bladet in London, where the Crown Prince is attending Sports Accord, a kind of summit of the sporting world.
When we meet him in the foyer of the hotel where the conference takes place, and where he incidentally walks around completely unnoticed, he is really feeling at home. And as such it’s a relaxed and cheerful Crown Prince we meet. He immediately agrees to a few pictures taken outside so that you can tell that he is in London. That despite that it is raining and that the Crown Prince is only wearing a suit. “A bit of water, that’ll be alright”. Says the Crown Prince obligingly and indeed he didn’t get more wet than what his twins will when they get water in the head during the baptism.
Right outside the revolving door to the conference center are seven or eight English police officers standing, the so called Bobbies. (*) “Really, you won’t get me to pose with them”, says the Crown Prince and indicates with his head towards the police constables. “That sure could be funny pictures. – Then we’ll have to get them to come over here”, says yours truly from Billed Bladet and raises the voice towards the officers, while I in English say: “He did it” and points at the Crown Prince. That results in the Crown Prince laughing heartily and while we goof around an continue to build on the story he says with a smile: “Yeah, and what a headline and story you could write/make/brew”.
You bet. But instead we move a bit father away and get the crown Prince positioned so that the landmark of London, Big Ben, can be seen in the background.
When we enter the hotel again, the foyer is full of people attending the conference and there is neither space nor peace enough to have a conversation anywhere. We walk around and look and suddenly the Crown Prince notice that there is room and calm in the press center.
“Let’s go in there he suggests”, while I teasingly say: “Are you sure you’ll voluntarily enter a press center”?
The interview has been underway for a few minutes when a beautiful woman apologetically interrupts us in English. Enthusiastically about seeing the Crown Prince she asks whether her assistant can take a picture of them together. The Crown Prince laughingly obliges and after a couple of trials the picture is nailed.
“Do you (**) know who it was”, asks the Crown Prince. And as we are clueless he apparently fel like teasing (us) and while we asks whether is was someone we should know, he replies with a secretive look in his face: “Yeah, guess”. And while bewilderment spreads and the brain is worling on overdrive with suggestions for who the beautiful woman can be, Frederik looks very amused indeed.
After a couple of questions in order to narrow it down the Crown Prince jokingly asks his private secretary, Morten Roland: “Shall we give that story to Billed Bladet”? We get it. After a little pressure the Crown Prince reveals that it is Katarina Witt, former ice skating princess and present chairman of the delegation: Winter Olympics for München (Munic) 2018.

- There isn’t much substance in the interview itself, so I’ve omitted that. And as Viv translated the other day, Frederik stated clearly that he and Mary had not been invited to the British wedding. As he understood it, only heads of states had been invited.

(*) Or is it Bobbyer, when it’s plural?

(**) Formal you.

For those in the know: BB is up and running again. Just do what you usually do.

What a pity they were not inviatied to the Wedding! and I am surprise they would not recongnize KaterinaWitt, she is so ffamous!

Thanks iceflower.

Great photos.
It appears the children enjoyed have the Crown Prince there as much as he enjoyed being there. Frederik looks good in the pink shirt.

Something I didn't notice before when looking at the photos, CP Frederik no longer has his beard .
I liked him with the beard but he looks great without it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Iceflower :flowers:

Summary of note in Billed Bladet #18, 2011.
Frederik på ski i Nuuk - Frederik skiing in Nuuk. (*)
Written by Anna Johannsen.

Right after the Easter holiday Frederik went to Greenland to inagurate a skilift there. (**) As always a lot of children gathered around him and the all got a high five from him.
He said: "It's a pleasure for me to attend the opening of the skilift here in Nuuk, so that there will be more focus on healthy activities (***) and healthy lifestyle. That's something we all need".
He then skied at full throttle down the hill.
After that he said: "I've been skiing myself since I was a small boy and (I) still find delight in that".

(*) Nuuk is the capital town of Greenland.

(**) Greenland has a lot of natural resources but the arctic climate makes them expensive and difficult to mine and until at has been figured out whether large scale mining is even practical, Greenland hopes to attract tourists, hence the skilift.

(***) Obesity among children and young is also a problem in Greenland, where the climate prevents a number of outdoor activities which are possble in warmer climates. - And indoor activities are expensive.....

Crown Prince Frederik's Official Visit to the Ukraine; June 5th-9th, 2011

CP Frederik will make an official visit to Ukraine 5-9 June
Kongehuset - Aktuelt - Nyheder
He will be accompanied by a delegation of the Climate and Energy Ministry and representatives of Danish business life (but unfortunately not by CP Mary :sad:)

CP Frederik will make an official visit to Ukraine 5-9 June
Kongehuset - Aktuelt - Nyheder
He will be accompanied by a delegation of the Climate and Energy Ministry and representatives of Danish business life (but unfortunately not by CP Mary :sad:)

Well, as much as I would like to see Mary out in public again too...just to see what she will wear next...I have to applaud her for saying NO for the sake of sanity (travelling with twins or even 4 kids under 5 is a challenge) and it shows, despite what naysayers believe family and stability is most important to Mary and her kids, not public appearances...

correct me if i'm wrong, the award will be given on may 30?

it's a nice cause(what he did on greenland), and how much he involves on it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom