Crown Prince Frederik, Current Events 1: November 2002 - October 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is not a good idea to close the topic as there may be more" Mary Quips"
that leak out of the media for these posters to enjoy...
so this is not over by any means...it is a "quiet week" but trust me on this:
another MARY-sensation or fiasco or whatnot is comming down the pipeline.
Stay tuned folks.

Let's please stay on topic and one last time:

I would like to request the following:

- if you would like to discuss a country, it's people and their way of life that you please do so in a way that will not offend people -- this goes for all countries.

- it is possible to discuss things in a unfiltered environment in a polite way. Just because it's unfiltered doesn't mean that one has to be cynical and offensive.

- again, we encourage open discussion but please remember that words can hurt and that it is really not necessary to get "down and dirty" when engaging in discussion. If you want to hear and see that then tune into FOX news and check-out The O'Reilly Factor.

There appears to be just a simple mistranslation. Problem was also with connotation as well.

It's ok..
No ones perfect so Mary did commit some errors...She'll learn from it

bt.dk/royalt/artikel:aid=231398:fid=100021710/

Frederik i Kosovo

Kronprins Frederik landede i går klokken 16 i Kosovo, hvor den danske bataljon med spænding har set frem til at møde Kronprinsen i Camp Olaf Rye, Mitrovica i Kosovo.

I Kosovo er man øvet i fine besøg. For nylig statsminister Anders Fogh Rasmussen, og ugen før kronprinsebesøget både den svenske og danske forsvarsminister. Frederik er ankommet, mens bataljonen i længere tid har forberedt at indføre fuld bevægelsesfrihed for befolkningen i det etnisk spændte område. Patruljeringen er intensiveret hele døgnet for at være klar til at gribe ind med det samme, hvis den øgede bevægelsesfrihed skulle medføre uro. Frederik tager hjem igen onsdag. Cath

Attachments

• 209078_larged.jpg
    209078_larged.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 179
He was in Kosovo early this week

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 183
www.ibl.se - Royal hunting at Frederiksborg Castle. Arrivals for the lunch: Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark. In the back Count Etienne of Monpezat and Prince Ferdinando Ferrara Pignatelli. 11/19/2003

www.ibl.se - Royal hunting at Frederiksborg Castle. Arrivals for the lunch: Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark. In the back Count Etienne of Monpezat and Prince Ferdinando Ferrara Pignatelli. 11/19/2003

Attachments

• 295a.jpg
    295a.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 177
  • 295.jpg
    295.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 169
Last edited by a moderator:
Danish Crown Prince Frederik is happy about Søren Mosegaard's new
shock-novel, Per Thornit from the Danish Court writes in a letter to
Horrorcomix Publishing.

The novel, Dronning Margrethe von Donner und Blitz, describes Mosegaard's
loveaffair with Crown Prince Frederik's 17-year old daughter.

Did he really do that i am in shock
:eek:
billie-jo

Polfoto 08-12-2003 8-12-2003 Københavns Rådhus Cathy Freeman blev i dag udnævnt til H C Andersen Ambassadør ved en ceremoni på Københavns Rådhus. Cathy Freeman og kronprins Frederik på vej ud fra pressemødet - yderst th. Jens Kramer Mikkelsen - Overborgmester København

Attachments

• DK_frederick_503.jpg
    DK_frederick_503.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 132
  • DK_frederick_503a.jpg
    DK_frederick_503a.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 138
  • DK_frederick_503b.jpg
    DK_frederick_503b.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 157
  • DK_frederick_503c.jpg
    DK_frederick_503c.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 146
  • DK_frederick_503d.jpg
    DK_frederick_503d.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 130
  • DK_frederick_503e.jpg
    DK_frederick_503e.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 132
  • DK_frederick_503f.jpg
    DK_frederick_503f.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 142
  • DK_frederick_503g.jpg
    DK_frederick_503g.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 141
IBL - 8 December 2003. Cathy Freemann, Australian athlete appointed H.C. Andersen-ambassador, at Copenhagen City Hall. Tere to appoint her: Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark.

IBL - 8 December 2003. Cathy Freemann, Australian athlete appointed H.C. Andersen-ambassador, at Copenhagen City Hall. Tere to appoint her: Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark.

Polfoto 11-12-2003 11-12-2003 Helsinge, Tisvilde hegn, kongejagt. Kronprins Frederik havde i dag indbudt til kongejagt i Tisvilde Hegn.

Polfoto 11-12-2003 11-12-2003 Helsinge, Tisvilde hegn, kongejagt. Kronprins Frederik havde i dag indbudt til kongejagt i Tisvilde Hegn.

Imagine Scandinavia - Copenhagen, Danmark. Crown Price Frederik of Denmark at the Town Hall Copenhagen.

Imagine Scandinavia - Copenhagen, Danmark. Crown Price Frederik of Denmark at the Town Hall Copenhagen.

Attachments

• DK_frederick_503g.jpg
    DK_frederick_503g.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 213
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 172
  • DK_frederick_503h.jpg
    DK_frederick_503h.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 187
  • DK_frederick_503i.jpg
    DK_frederick_503i.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 172
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 164
  • DK_frederick_505a.jpg
    DK_frederick_505a.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 153
  • 2606.jpg
    2606.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 137
  • 2607.jpg
    2607.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 152
  • 2608.jpg
    2608.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 149
Originally posted by Alexandria@Dec 29th, 2003 - 3:02 am
The three photos above were made 8.december 2003 -

Crown Prince Frederik appointing Cathy Freeman a H. C. Andersen ambassador. :)

fred is dispointed about the mary's sister's up caming wedding and how australians don't find it to make it samething grand as his wedding will be to mary in may

Hi tigerlily23,

Can you give us more information about the post above? Did it come from a newspaper? What exactly did Fred say (I had some trouble understanding the post... sorry)

I found a newpaper article in the age newpaper which is dated the 15 january
and it just tells how fred isn't missing denmark at all and he in the right place with mary at the right time. It also points out and this cames from fred him self about mary's sister's wedding the prince of denmark expressed some jealousy about the low key build up to mary's sister's wedding. And he says that when he and mary get married it not going to be a low key thing .

I think fred is just strating to realize that aussie wedding are not what they seem to be. :lol: And also he was a bite shocked that nobody knew who he was when he was walking around with mary in tazmania :lol:

Yes, that's understandable. A lot of guys usually want a smaller wedding than the bride does.

No I'm pretty sure that's not right (ooops sorry, not the post immediately above, but the post about Fred being disappointed about the Aussie wedding being small).

The newspaper report (and probably upcoming report on Channel 9) was that Fred was "jealous" that his wedding won't be low-key, like how Patricia's is. Fred's always been a "i want to my privacy/ i want to be treated like normal" person... even though he's not really normal because he can just get a hold of a sportscar just like that *click fingers*.

It's funny how things gets twisted..... journalistic license? :p :p

Very true..... ;) ;) ;)

Quick! someone get a horse-drawn carriage to Patricia's house!!

Yahoo News

Denmark to triple Crown Prince Frederik's allowance
Tue Jan 20, 1:35 PM ET

COPENHAGEN (AFP) - The Danish government plans to triple the annual allowance paid to Crown Prince Frederik to almost two million euros after his marriage this year, Prime Minister Anders Fogh Rasmussen announced.

Frederik, the eldest son of Queen Margrethe II, would receive an annual allowance of 14.4 million Kroner (1.9 million euros/2.4 million dollars) from the government after his marriage to Australian-born Mary Donaldson on May 14.

The 35-year-old prince currently receives 4.2 million Kroner per year.

Rasmussen told a press conference that the hike was intended to cover the royal couple's extra expenses and "significantly higher level of activities".

The proposal, which would also guarantee the future princess a home and an income in the event of the prince's death, is expected to win easy approval from parliament.

Originally posted by Jasl@Jan 16th, 2004 - 3:06 am
The newspaper report (and probably upcoming report on Channel 9) was that Fred was "jealous" that his wedding won't be low-key, like how Patricia's is. Fred's always been a "i want to my privacy/ i want to be treated like normal" person... even though he's not really normal because he can just get a hold of a sportscar just like that *click fingers*.

Fred wants to be a normal person and private. And millions of stipens and sports cars and vocations and cake and eat it too. Can we play exchange-your-places?

I wonder what the secretary general really thinks about these "visitors"?

I apologize in advance if someone has already posted this. :blush:

Crown prince to race bride-to-be in regatta

Copenhagen, Denmark
March 31, 2004

Denmark's Crown Prince Frederik is to race his Australian bride to be Mary Donaldson on the waters of Copenhagen Harbour just before their May 14 wedding, according to reports yesterday.

The BT tabloid said the heir to the throne was the slight favourite because he had more experience sailing boats.

However, the future crown princess had improved her odds by recruiting Australian yachtsman John Bertrand as skipper.

Bertrand won the prestigious America's Cup yachting regatta in 1983, ending a more than 100-year-old American domination of the event.

Crown Prince Frederik was slated to rely on Olympic champion and former world champion Jesper Bank as skipper.

Organisers predicted 10,000 spectators would watch the event that would take place five days before the wedding ceremony.

- DPA

Link: The Age

The official pictures of Frederick are really nice...the Danish Royal Family always has such nice, artistic official pictures. Some of the other royal families' official portraits just don't look as nice as the Danish ones (they are too casual maybe)...I would love to borrow the Danish photographers for just a few days!

Really wonderful photos in that photoseries!!

I especially like the one of Mary and Fred with the animals, Mary hugging the horse, Mary and her dad, and Mary with her Danish books (which was quite funny!)!!

April 16, 2004 - TV 2

Crown Prince Rises in Grades

HRH Crown Prince Frederik again rises in grades in the military. After being recommended by the Defence Ministry, he was appointed Captain in the navy, Lieutenant-Colonel in the army, and Lieutenant-Colonel in the air force on April 14th, the Defence Ministry informs. Presently, Crown Prince Frederik is attached to the Royal Danish Defence College.

montecarlo  Posted: Apr 16th, 2004 - 4:32 pm

HRH Crown Prince Frederik again rises in grades in the military....appointed Captain in the navy, Lieutenant-Colonel in the army, and Lieutenant-Colonel in the air force

Now .... I'd like that perk .... get a promotion by "royal decree". No worries about 'Peter Principle' anymore.

Originally posted by Alexandria@Apr 18th, 2004 - 9:51 am
Apparently Frederik had a very important matter to tend to yesterday, April 17. Much more important than attending the baptismal ceremony of his goddaughter Ingrid Alexandra in Norway: His own stag party.

Source: Ekstra Bladet
Can one be a godfather without attending the ceremony? I really think Fred should have gone. I'm very very surprised that none of the Danes went.... I think they should have gone.

Was CP Felipe a godfather too?

yes, felipe was godfather too.

the decision not to come might have had good reasons, however, it has automatically stimulated wild rumours in the press about the inferior position of the norwegian royals and the absence as a sign of contempt from other royal houses about marriages etc...

i think that was not necessary

Usually, when the godparents can't make it, they have a proxy (stand-in). I am not so sure though if they had proxies for Ingrid Alexandra's baptism...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom