The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2018, 01:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
Oh I agree with you 100%. There are just some people in this sorry world that love a scandal and will invent one at any cost if one doesn't exist. It was known Camilla had a prior, period. I am sure the wedding couple knew and might be sorry but certainly not important enough to change the date. It was already stated somewhere that the couple changed their original date due to Harry and Meghan's wedding. Enough is enough. An uncle's second marriage partner is just not that important [no matter who they are] to disrupt their special day. It is their wedding and no one else should matter. JMHO
The Sussex wedding had nothing to do with this. Their date was announced and decided on while Eugenie wasn't even engaged. Eugenie could've had any date after May 19th. Zara married about a month and half after the Cambridge wedding. Eugenie and Jack picked the date they did, no need to put it on anyone else.

With as many people in the BRF, it'd be difficult to put together everyone's schedule. The Sussex wedding also had a conflict with the FA Cup Final, and William is the President. He ended up cancelling because it's his brother's wedding. For Camilla, it's her husband's niece, not someone in her immediate family. I see nothing wrong with her deciding to keep her commitment. I'm sure they couple aren't too heartbroken over it either.

And I see no outrage over the lack of fruitcake this time and how that's snubbing tradition.

And yes, the military does seem a bit odd given that neither Eugenie nor Jack served. Or have any personal involvement with the military.

Old 10-07-2018, 01:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
If the weather is predicting rain for the wedding what is plan B for the carriage ride? They have not stated what carriage is being used. And the military details - Jack had not served but he is getting military flourishes because of his grandfather's service. I find it oft putting. Military for Eugenie and she didn't serve but because of Andrew? Andrea Bocelli singing - nice but I didn't know E & J are opera fans. Sarah putting in a hymn to honor Diana - did the couple want it in? It is sounding more like Andrew and Sarah's remarriage ceremony.
The military ceremonial is just there. Every day. Even when the Queen is not in the residence. They are just providing the couleur locale for the wedding of a Princess of the United Kingdom. Little effort, great pleasure.

And Andrea Bocelli is not really an opera singer but an artist with a popular and a classic repertoire. His biggest hits were pop songs like Vivo Per Lei or Time To Say Goodbye. Wonderful to have such an angelic voice at your wedding!

Old 10-07-2018, 02:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
The Sussex wedding had nothing to do with this. Their date was announced and decided on while Eugenie wasn't even engaged. Eugenie could've had any date after May 19th. Zara married about a month and half after the Cambridge wedding. Eugenie and Jack picked the date they did, no need to put it on anyone else.

With as many people in the BRF, it'd be difficult to put together everyone's schedule. The Sussex wedding also had a conflict with the FA Cup Final, and William is the President. He ended up cancelling because it's his brother's wedding. For Camilla, it's her husband's niece, not someone in her immediate family. I see nothing wrong with her deciding to keep her commitment. I'm sure they couple aren't too heartbroken over it either.
Zara got married 3 months (instead of 1 1/2 months) after her cousin. In Eugenie's case that would have been mid-August. So, unless she decided to marry in Scotland as Zara did, she needed to wait for the queen to return to Windsor in October to get married in the presence of her grandmother and queen.

June is typically packed with royal events, so I am sure it was appreciated by the BRF that Eugenie and Jack were so considerate to wait until October, while they might have gotten married before the summer had Harry and Meggan not married in May.
Old 10-07-2018, 02:59 PM
Imperial Majesty

One doesn't need to be an opera fan to enjoy Andrea Bocelli...his voice is the 8th wonder.

The entire wedding is beginning to sound not only tasteful but beautifully planned and amazing..Beatrice will have a tough act to follow when it's her turn.

ETA: I distinctly remember reading that Beatrice was a favorite of Diana...whom the York princesses called "Aunt Duch". It's a very lovely and sentimental talking gesture
to remember her in the service, imo

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 10-07-2018, 06:18 PM
Courtier

The idea that people are complaining about the involvement of the military when Eugenie's whole family are deeply involved with the military and her father actually put his life on the line defending British people in war, is truly baffling.
Old 10-07-2018, 06:33 PM
Heir Apparent

There’s just a lot of outrage that Eugenie York is having a lovely princess wedding, even though she actually is a princess.
Old 10-07-2018, 06:45 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
The entire wedding is beginning to sound not only tasteful but beautifully planned and amazing..Beatrice will have a tough act to follow when it's her turn.
I'm not so sure, with how public Eugenie's wedding seems to be, I could see Beatrice going a step up with hers being held at York Minster, especially if she (not saying that its obvious she will) marries a peer.
Old 10-07-2018, 06:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

One doesn't have to be an opera fan to enjoy Andrea. He certainly isn't your traditional opera. This is also the wedding ceremony and you are going to have to have some kind of classical music. I doubt Harry and William have any more great love of classical music then Eugenie. Or they may all have love of it.

I love the fact that they are including jacks family with a military tribute. Nice to see both families included.

As for weather the have covered carriages. They had one on backup for Harry, I assume they will have here.
Old 10-07-2018, 07:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
As far as anybody's wedding cake, all I can say is that they all fit into my diet. I'm on a see food diet. I see it, I eat it. If everything that's wedding food stuck to ye olde traditions of yore, they'd have to use olde timey ingredients that just might not be overly safe to eat in this day and age.

They're all going to eat, drink and be very merry and celebrate this wedding and I'm sure no one is going to be complaining about the food.

Not long to go now before I'll be doing an all nighter to watch this wedding.
Old 10-07-2018, 07:53 PM
Serene Highness

I avoid refined sugar and thus most cakes, but to my palate lemon and elder flower sounds like an appropriately light offering for a spring/summer wedding, whereas red velvet and chocolate seems to fit better with a fall/winter type wedding, albeit a bit rich for my taste.
Regarding fruitcake, I'm personally glad that's one wedding tradition that didn't make it over to the colonies :)
Old 10-07-2018, 08:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

Hey,

Everyone should be excited and getting into Royal Wedding Fever! We are entering the wedding week.

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-07-2018, 08:36 PM
Serene Highness

I'm looking forward to it! Glad she's having a "princess" wedding!
Old 10-07-2018, 09:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal_enthusiast View Post
Do you think Charles will arrive in a car by himself or will he walk with the rest of the family as a lot of the royal family did at Harry’s wedding?
It is actually hard to say what Prince Charles may do. As the bride's uncle, he may arrive by car. However, he may choose to walk with the other Royals.
Old 10-07-2018, 10:46 PM
Commoner

I am disappointed that more US networks are not showing the wedding. Is it because Princess Eugenie is not a working royal? I was really hoping CNN would show it. She is the first "blood" princess to get married in a while. (At least for the BRF)

I believe Sophie and Edwards's wedding was shown in the US. Why can't Jack and Princess Eugenie?
Old 10-07-2018, 10:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizen View Post
I am disappointed that more US networks are not showing the wedding. Is it because Princess Eugenie is not a working royal? I was really hoping CNN would show it. She is the first "blood" princess to get married in a while. (At least for the BRF)

I believe Sophie and Edwards's wedding was shown in the US. Why can't Jack and Princess Eugenie?
Outside of royal follower world, most don't even know exactly who Eugenie is. There is very little mainstream coverage of it.
Old 10-07-2018, 10:53 PM
Serene Highness

I suspect it's because she's ,not (1) the daughter of monarch or future monarch, or (2) the child of Princess Diana, who was popular in the US, or (3) marrying an American.
Old 10-07-2018, 10:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:

It’s not considered the wedding of the year here in the US. The networks are also busy covering the crisis the country is in. Although I’m glad TLC will be covering the wedding. I’m off on Friday, so I’ll be up early to watch.

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-07-2018, 10:54 PM
Commoner

I understand that. I just think it is a missed opportunity. Does anyone know if it will stream on the royal family youtube channel? I don't have TLC. I believe some US viewers remember the looks Eugenie and her sister wore for Will/Kate's wedding.

Also, this is a little off-topic. But I am disappointed Camilla will not attend. I know she has an event. But it would have been lovely to see her. But the main focal point is Eugenie and Jack. So, mazel tov!
Old 10-07-2018, 11:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I understand that. I just think it is a missed opportunity. Does anyone know if it will stream on the royal family youtube channel? I don't have TLC. I believe some US viewers remember the looks Eugenie and her sister wore for Will/Kate's wedding.

Also, this is a little off-topic. But I am disappointed Camilla will not attend. I know she has an event. But it would have been lovely to see her. But the main focal point is Eugenie and Jack. So, mazel tov!
I’m guessing the wedding will be uploaded to the Royal YouTube channel. You’ll find the Cambridge’s and Sussex’s weddings there as well.

The Telegraph UK website will live stream the wedding and a web link will be provided for those outside the UK to watch the wedding. No worries, you’ll be able to watch it.

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-07-2018, 11:19 PM
Commoner

Thank you for the info about the Telegraph viewing. I didn't know.

Also, I am really looking forward to see what Sarah wears as, "mother of the bride". I bet she will look great. Also, I wonder if Beatrice will wear a similar white dress that Pippa wore. ( As the maid of honor.) I think the York girls will look so lovely.

Closed Thread