Tiara and Jewels guessing for upcoming events: 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: while I'm excited for this state visit, I agree, it will still be the Greville and QMLK. New tiaras may come after the coronation. I hope they will debut some new (to them) earrings or necklace though, the South African necklace and the Greville pearl drops earrings will look great with the Greville tiara on Camilla, and maybe the whole Q Alexandra's wedding parure (earrings, necklace and brooch) on kate. And we may see the new RFO of Charles III as well!
Don't think the RFO-order wikll be ready until then. Edward VIII,. never had one probably because of the time of preparation and to make it so it is unlikely that it will be ready 2 months after Charles accession.

There will be a South African SV to the UK in November. It would be exciting to see Camilla and Kate in tiaras they have never worn before.

Looking forward to this Event!

Don't think the RFO-order wikll be ready until then. Edward VIII,. never had one probably because of the time of preparation and to make it so it is unlikely that it will be ready 2 months after Charles accession.

It will be interesting to see if the RFOs are ready in time. I see no reason why they cannot be, but lets see.

I actually think that we will see the new RFO for this state visit. So far it seems like all the plans were set and ready for when Charles was due to take over and everything has been smoothly, and quickly, rolling out.

I will continue to dream that the new King will want to honour his late mother by having his wife and daughter-in-law wear her jewelry for this visit. Did South Africa gift the royal family jewels other than the Cullinan's and HM's "best diamonds". Imagine the Queen Consort in Granny's chips!?!

I actually think that we will see the new RFO for this state visit. So far it seems like all the plans were set and ready for when Charles was due to take over and everything has been smoothly, and quickly, rolling out.

I will continue to dream that the new King will want to honour his late mother by having his wife and daughter-in-law wear her jewelry for this visit. Did South Africa gift the royal family jewels other than the Cullinan's and HM's "best diamonds". Imagine the Queen Consort in Granny's chips!?!

I can't see the Queen in Granny's Chips just yet. Perhaps for the coronation, or a picture related to the coronation at the earliest.

I can't see the Queen in Granny's Chips just yet. Perhaps for the coronation, or a picture related to the coronation at the earliest.

I'm trying so hard to temper my expectations but my mind is carrying me away.

I will continue to dream that the new King will want to honour his late mother by having his wife and daughter-in-law wear her jewelry for this visit. Did South Africa gift the royal family jewels other than the Cullinan's and HM's "best diamonds".

QEII received the diamond of her triple diamonds bar during the state visit to South Africa in 1947. Style wise I could imagine Camilla using it, maybe for the welcoming ceremony.

QEII received the diamond of her triple diamonds bar during the state visit to South Africa in 1947. Style wise I could imagine Camilla using it, maybe for the welcoming ceremony.

It is entirely possible that this brooch, using stones received in East London, is used by the Queen during the state visit next month.

How I would love to see new tiaras for this South African State Visit. :D

But it's probably the more realistic assessment, that her late majesty's tiaras stay put in the vault until the coronation. If not, I guess that only the Queen will wear a new tiara and the Princess of Wales keeping the lover's knot for now. Imo, the Oriental Circlet, Queen Alexandra's kokoshnik and the Vladimir tiara would look best on Camilla.

Would like to see the brazlian diamonds but then i would preferr them on the Princess of Wales as i think they are more fitting for a younger woman. But i think they would work good together with the Lovers Knot tiara so perhaps she could bring out her Wedding tiara.
As for the Queen Consort no Idea, but i think the she will not so soon bing out one of the tiaras so closely associated with her mother-in-law so probably no Girls of Great Britain tiara, Vladimir tiara and Queens Alexandra's kokoshnik.

Perhaps Queen Mary's fringe tiara.

Would like to see the brazlian diamonds but then i would preferr them on the Princess of Wales as i think they are more fitting for a younger woman. But i think they would work good together with the Lovers Knot tiara so perhaps she could bring out her Wedding tiara.
As for the Queen Consort no Idea, but i think the she will not so soon bing out one of the tiaras so closely associated with her mother-in-law so probably no Girls of Great Britain tiara, Vladimir tiara and Queens Alexandra's kokoshnik.

Perhaps Queen Mary's fringe tiara.

> The design of the SA diamond necklace would be much suited to somebody younger, and so I can see why they might work better on the Princess of Wales. However, it might be argued that when it comes to honouring ones guest through the use of jewellery, the prime responsibility remains that of the Queen. Nor sure what other jewellery with connections from SA can be pulled out for the Queen to use.

> I think it is too early after the death of QE2 for the Queen to use significant new jewellery, especially a tiara. That said, if one were to be used, I agree that neither of the GDV, Girls of Great Britian & Ireland or the Kokoshnik are likely to be used anytime soon.

> In time, I would like to see Camilla use the Persian turquoise tiara previously used by Margaret, the Oriental Circlet and possibly the Greville Emerald Kokoshnik. I suspect the Greville Boucheron will remain her primary all diamond tiara.

I guess Camilla could use the ruby parure with the Oriental circlet as they are reserved for queens, if the process of inheritance is not completed yet. The Greville tiara is great but we have seen it enough already.

Another jewel that has connection to SA: Q Mary's bracelets/choker, part of the diamonds are from SA.

It's just a wild imagination but I would like to see kate wear them as a choker (probably more possible that she would wear them as bracelet though......).

I guess Camilla could use the ruby parure with the Oriental circlet as they are reserved for queens, if the process of inheritance is not completed yet. The Greville tiara is great but we have seen it enough already.

In my mind, it is not an issue of completing the "process of inheritance" in as much as being respectful of QE2, and her long life of service. that said, I would be very happy to see the Oriental Circlet tiara and the Crown Rubies necklace used by the Queen in the not too distant future.

How I would love to see new tiaras for this South African State Visit. :D

Was thinking the same and would like to see Camilla and Kate wearing something different given their new roles!

I am not sure if the Queen Consort will wear a tiara previously worn only by Queen Elizabeth II so soon after the late Queen's passing. Maybe she will wait until after the coronation for that.

I am not sure if the Queen Consort will wear a tiara previously worn only by Queen Elizabeth II so soon after the late Queen's passing. Maybe she will wait until after the coronation for that.

I keep going back and forth on this. Would it be viewed as too soon or as a way to honour the late Queen and their new positions? No one would question CP Mary of Denmark immediatly wearing QMII's tiaras upon becoming Queen - it would be expected. Similar to Letizia of Spain with the Joyas de Pasar(although the previous wearer is still very much alive so slightly different). Other than the GGBI, most of these tiaras haven't been seen in 5+ years. On a practical note, they wouldn't have to change the velvet base for Camilla.

Maybe it's just me but I don't want to see especially the girls on any of the two women. I hope it will be hold back for Charlotte one day.
There are plenty other tiaras, the Burmese Rubies for example.

I keep going back and forth on this. Would it be viewed as too soon or as a way to honour the late Queen and their new positions? No one would question CP Mary of Denmark immediatly wearing QMII's tiaras upon becoming Queen - it would be expected. Similar to Letizia of Spain with the Joyas de Pasar(although the previous wearer is still very much alive so slightly different). Other than the GGBI, most of these tiaras haven't been seen in 5+ years. On a practical note, they wouldn't have to change the velvet base for Camilla.

In last 3 state visits of her reign, Queen Elizabeth II wore the Brazilian Aquamarine tiara, the Girls of Great Britain and Ireland tiara, and the Burmese Ruby tiara. I don't see Camilla wearing any of those, or the Sapphire tiara in the short term.

I think the Queen Consort will stick for now with tiaras associated with the Queen Mother. The Oriental Circlet could be a natural choice as it would be both new for her, with a long royal history (so appropriate for a Queen consort), but not particularly associated with Queen Elizabeth II.

Last edited:

I don’t think we will see any of the ladies in anything other than their “normal” tiaras. I think it will be too soon for any of them to consider “upgrading” their tiaras. I suspect they will wait until the coronation to debut something new.

I don’t think we will see any of the ladies in anything other than their “normal” tiaras. I think it will be too soon for any of them to consider “upgrading” their tiaras. I suspect they will wait until the coronation to debut something new.

We’ll see. I think it would make sense to choose something that shows continuity and reflects that things have changed, while avoiding the tiara most closely associated with the late Queen.

Personally, I’d quite like to see the Princess of Wales in one of the fringe tiaras and the Queen Consort in the Oriental Circlet.

The question of continuity is a good argument for up-grading tiaras at least a bit. Imho, it would be good to choose a tiara that spells 'Queen' without being overly associated with the late QEII. The Oriental circlet e.g. goes back to Queen Victoria, is supposed to be reserved for the Queen, but QEII has worn it only once.

Maybe they should start slowly, with only the Queen up-grading for know. Catherine already wears a tiara that is associated with the previous Princess of Wales. But I hope that at she'll get the use of another tiara for the coronation at the latest.

I would love to see the Queen Consort in the Indian Circlet tiara. I think that shape would be lovely on her. Also the Vladimir tiara would be a nice change too, maybe with the emerald drops. For the new Princess of Wales, I would love to see the Girls of Great Britain and Ireland or the Plunket tiara (if is still around). Just my "want to see" list for now.

I would love to see the Queen Consort in the Indian Circlet tiara. I think that shape would be lovely on her. Also the Vladimir tiara would be a nice change too, maybe with the emerald drops. For the new Princess of Wales, I would love to see the Girls of Great Britain and Ireland or the Plunket tiara (if is still around). Just my "want to see" list for now.

I suspect it might be a while before the Girls of Great Britain and Ireland is used. Part of me doesn’t expect to see it until Catherine is Queen Consort.

I suspect it might be a while before the Girls of Great Britain and Ireland is used. Part of me doesn’t expect to see it until Catherine is Queen Consort.

I would be surprised if either Camilla or Catherine used the GGB&I tiara.

I would be surprised if either Camilla or Catherine used the GGB&I tiara.

I disagree. I think it will go back in the vault for a while and I expect Camilla to lean more towards tiaras identified with the Queen Mother, but I think in twenty or thirty years, it’s going to be back out as a symbol of tradition and continuity.

I think the Oriental Circlet has potential to become a signature tiara for the QC. Its one of Queen Victoria's tiaras left to the Crown for future Queens to use so it has that gravitas, but, her late Majesty only wore it once. Plus, the King probably associates it with his beloved grandmother. That, paired with the crown rubies, would be a smashing combo on Camilla.

I really hope we don't have to wait too long to see the GGBI tiara again. It suits a younger wearer so well - especially when worn without the base. I can see it being loaned at exhibits in the immediate future - I'm fully excepting an Elizabeth retrospect exhibit sooner than later. But I remember people thinking that the PoW wouldn't wear the Lovers Knot because of its strong association with Diana but she smartly, and gradually, started wearing it and now its her tiara.

I’ve got an idea that I think is a real long-shot but something I think would be really cool.

Right now, as a family, it seems the BRF are really trying to emphasize their unity and closeness and support. I think it would be low-key brilliant if the halo scroll tiara were loaned to Sophie for an event. It’s most famous as Catherine’s wedding tiara but it’s been worn by Princess Anne and Princess Margaret so it has a history of being a bit of a lower key tiara but with a great provenance. That would be a wonderful way to display friendship and connection.

I think the Oriental Circlet has potential to become a signature tiara for the QC. Its one of Queen Victoria's tiaras left to the Crown for future Queens to use so it has that gravitas, but, her late Majesty only wore it once. Plus, the King probably associates it with his beloved grandmother. That, paired with the crown rubies, would be a smashing combo on Camilla.

It would be lovely to see the Oriental Circlet get used by Queen Camilla. I do not think it will get used just yet, perhaps a little further down the line.

Perhaps the Persian turquoise and the Greville Emerald tiaras for Queen Camilla as well.

It would be lovely to see the Oriental Circlet get used by Queen Camilla. I do not think it will get used just yet, perhaps a little further down the line.

Perhaps the Persian turquoise and the Greville Emerald tiaras for Queen Camilla as well.

Or Queen Mary's fringe tiara as this one was also worn quiet often by the Queen Mother during her husband's reign and has only been worn 3 or 4 times by Queen Elizabeth II.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom