The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 23: September 2017 - October 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Spot on if she was Sophie's age, or older. The dress ages her. :sad:

The color is lovely. And her hair and earrings are fantastic :flowers:

But the Cinderella puffy sleeves are so dated. It looks like one of the dresses Anne recycles from the 80s. And not a fan of the hat at all.

It's a fine dress and the sleeves are something different. It's something different and touches on medieval. But it doesn't really excite me either.

When I see Catherine at State events like TTC, I think of The Telegraph article from two years ago

The Duchess of Cambridge is ludicrously well-suited to being a queen: lovely looking, beautifully turned-out, terrific figure...

But, more than that, she is duty personified. Each time she is photographed – at a country house charity bunfight, attending regimental and royal ceremonies, meeting people who’ve had a rough time – she never looks anything other than engaged and enthralled. Never a yawn, never a hangover, never a “Let them eat cake” moment.

Today, like every day, Catherine looks every inch a Princess of Wales in waiting.

When I see Catherine at State events like TTC, I think of The Telegraph article from two years ago

The Duchess of Cambridge is ludicrously well-suited to being a queen: lovely looking, beautifully turned-out, terrific figure...

But, more than that, she is duty personified. Each time she is photographed – at a country house charity bunfight, attending regimental and royal ceremonies, meeting people who’ve had a rough time – she never looks anything other than engaged and enthralled. Never a yawn, never a hangover, never a “Let them eat cake” moment.

Today, like every day, Catherine looks every inch a Princess of Wales in waiting.

Yes indeed Rudolph, yes indeed.

Indeed she looks every bit the 'future queen'- Elsa, Cinderella, Snow White....

If the only value we seek in a future queen is a perfect hairdo, the ability to smile and cross her knees right, Kate is ready to be queen.

I certainly hope we as a society have moved on from the days where we teach our daughters that This is a role model. If my future queen is to take example from a Disney princess, I'd rather Mulan, Merida, Moana and so on.

(..)

Last edited by a moderator:
(..)

When I looked at Catherine today, she looks so regal and royal. People can call it old fashioned if they like, but Catherine looks like a Queen from head to toe.

It seems that there was a bit of a blue theme going on between HM, Camilla and Catherine.
I loved Catherine's outfit today and even her hat is beautiful.

Catherine looked elegantly royal and dare I say, serene.

Perfect look. Especially when the queen and her children had not arrived yet, she was the leading lady (somehow that role doesn't fit Camilla very well). Well done!

Eeeer no, she was not BUT i must say that Kate has considerably upgraded her game lately : more poised, more regal, maybe way more confident in her role.
It's good for the family and good for the Monarchy.

A couple of off-topic posts and comments have been removed, please discuss the Duchess of Cambridge's fashion choices only - thank you!

(..) as for her clothing choices rarely since she has learned about flying hems has she put a foot wrong, she is not perfect yet pretty darn close as to what the firm expects of her IMHO.

(..)

Yet to me, Catherine looked gorgeous today, the best out there IMHO, loved her outfit and the color and her demeanor in what she was doing.....

Wondering what do you expect her to do right now.....ride to war, fight a battle with the enemy, train her children in what , warfare maybe......what is expected of her right now? I think she is doing what is expected of her, raising 3 babies, teaching them traditions of the royal family and what to expect, how to behave in public, being supportive of her husband and her duties as Duchess of Cambridge......Catherine is just more then a pretty face to me, I see her as the *future* far off hopefully as someone who has been loyal to the family, the firm and the country.......as for her clothing choices rarely since she has learned about flying hems has she put a foot wrong, she is not perfect yet pretty darn close as to what the firm expects of her IMHO.

Forget Xenia. Catherine, Warrior Princess. With her gladiator gear this thread would be popping with criticism. "Why does she even need armor? A real woman knows how to take a body blow." "Her weapons don't match her outfit, she need better accessories."

I absolutely love the blue dress. Very elegant, regal, and beautiful. One of her most beautiful dresses.

:previous:
Yep, just a mom out playing with her children like any other mom. Yet she is so much more.........:flowers:

This is where I like Kate best! I generally do not like her "duchess" style, but her casual style is phenomenal. I love this dress!

She looks very good right now! I would love to see that continue.

Last edited:
This is where I like Kate best! I generally do not like her "duchess" style, but her casual style is phenomenal. I love this dress!

Agreed. Though I find her usual clothes very aging, I love her casual style. Especially on tours. She manages to balance both event appropriate and Age appropriate, for casual events. She looks fantastic when she does.
(..)

It was a cute dress. And she looks genuinely happy and relaxed today.

Beautiful blue dress. Very elegant.

As always we don't discuss any weight issues. Respective posts and comments have therefore been deleted. Thank you for your understanding!

Pretty, casual summer dress. I love Zara.

Yes, and their clothing actually is affordable. :lol:

(I'm always seeing dresses worn by royals that are called affordable for $500.
Affordable for whom? Not me, that's for sure!
But the Zara ones are so pretty and affordable for almost anyone).

That dress is wonderful !!!!! It suits her wonderfully !

Blue and white stripes in summer are bliss! Way to go Duchess. I also really like the cut of this dress for casual summer wear.

Maybe some of these pictures were posted elsewhere, but I didn't see before that the Duchess of Cambridge attended the Houghton horse trials that took place sometime prior to William's polo match (the pictures posted yesterday with Duchess Kate in that lovely blue dress enjoying time with Prince George and Princess Charlotte on the grass).

A similar outing at the Houghton horse trials event, and Kate was wearing another very lovely summery Zara dress:
[2nd Photo] Kate Takes George & Charlotte to Houghton Horse Trials

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/princess-charlotte-tucks-ice-cream-12611303

Maybe some of these pictures were posted elsewhere, but I didn't see before that the Duchess of Cambridge attended the Houghton horse trials that took place sometime prior to William's polo match (the pictures posted yesterday with Duchess Kate in that lovely blue dress enjoying time with Prince George and Princess Charlotte on the grass).

A similar outing at the Houghton horse trials event, and Kate was wearing another very lovely summery Zara dress:
[2nd Photo] Kate Takes George & Charlotte to Houghton Horse Trials

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/princess-charlotte-tucks-ice-cream-12611303

Pictures were posted a number of pages back--May 28th.:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom