The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 23: September 2017 - October 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i like the head piece, and she is always in white /cream for the baptisms of all her kids,
Also I don't like the puffy shoulders, 70s? But we can not really se the dress properly.

I don't like the head piece. But she looks great.

Catherine has become such a very beautiful woman through time, her best look is always when with her children, she was born to be a mother for it shows when she looks at Louis, that look is out of this world. I love this repeat of her outfit, it looks nice and chic on her, easy to wear with small children and that hat, had doubts about it at first yet Madame Verseau pointed out it reminded her of the Tudor era of women wearing similar and now I quite get it, different and shows her face with fingers grabbing hair. Over all a perfect day for Catherine, that smile says it all!

I have still not decided If I like it or not. I feel the headband is slightly too big for her - on the other hand it would not really show if it is smaller - it is a nice variation of all the small hats, still..... hm... for whatever reason, it reminds me slighly on CP Mary christening headpiece, althougth his was much smaller...

https://www.pinterest.at/pin/423338433693583901/?autologin=true

So - nice look, but retro-vise, I preferred her outfit for her sisters wedding.... but I am just a huge hat fan - so maybe this is just it. ;-)
Anybody knows something about her pearl earrings?

Last edited:
It almost looks like she wore the same dress for Charlottes christening (I know it’s a new dress). So it’s pretty boring.

As for the headpiece, it’s interesting but doesn’t work for me

Wow, do I love that hat! Head to toe I’m going with magnificent!!!

I loved Kate's look for the christening. It went perfectly with her main accessory to the outfit which was Louis, himself, in his beautiful christening gown. :D

Love the headpiece. Unfortunately, the dress looks like every other McQueen dress she has ever worn. Yawn!

I don't really care what Kate wears since to me most of the time she looks horrid. But what I don't understand is why for all the christenings she wears a color that makes the poor baby blend right in to her outfit. If you look at the picture of the five of them just coming out of the chapel, from a distance you can hardly make out poor Louis. I always thought the christening was about the baby not the mother.

Catherine has become such a very beautiful woman through time, her best look is always when with her children, she was born to be a mother for it shows when she looks at Louis, that look is out of this world. I love this repeat of her outfit, it looks nice and chic on her, easy to wear with small children and that hat, had doubts about it at first yet Madame Verseau pointed out it reminded her of the Tudor era of women wearing similar and now I quite get it, different and shows her face with fingers grabbing hair. Over all a perfect day for Catherine, that smile says it all!

Agree. :flowers: I am seeing the same maturation into an elegant looking woman. Of course, Kate's mother ain't no slouch! ;)

Someone said (it might have been on another thread) that Kate has really been glowing lately and I see the same. She appears more confident. I saw it on the last balcony outing when she held center stage with ease. I have a hunch it may be due to the advent of Meghan, that Meghan is being a good friend/sister-in-law to Kate. Who knows why, it just is what it is and it is a pleasure to see. Children and family life (where she 'rules' I'm sure! ;) ) agrees with her, she's in her element.

Last edited:
Agree. :flowers: I am seeing the same maturation into an elegant looking woman. Of course, Kate's mother ain't no slouch! ;)

Someone said (it might have been on another thread) that Kate has really been glowing lately and I see the same. She appears more confident. I saw it on the last balcony outing when she held center stage with ease. I have a hunch it may be due to the advent of Meghan, that Meghan is being a good friend/sister-in-law to Kate. Who knows why, it just is what it is and it is a pleasure to see. Children and family life (where she 'rules' I'm sure! ;) ) agrees with her, she's in her element.

I've noticed Catherine's confidence too. And I suspect it's because she taken a mentoring role with Meghan. Through her mentorship, she must have had a moment of self-realisation and hence gaining confidence. It's very nice to see!

Catherine is truly the happiest around her family.

Back to her fashion, she looks great! I'm still on the fence with regards to the headpiece. It's reminiscent of CP Mary of Denmark's signature christening headpiece

I tnink she looks absolutely gorgeous...her happiness as a wife and mummy really shines through. The outfit is very much her style and it fits perfectly!

Neat comparison of outfits for all 3 Christenings

Attachments

• Katebaptism.jpg
    Katebaptism.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 167
She looked fantastic. I originally thought it was the same dress she wore to Charlotte's christening, but it is a bit different. I'm not sure about the shoulders, but I like the neckline and the headpiece. But most importantly, she looked so proud and happy.

I like the fascinator face on but I'm not so sure about the profile look. The raised sleeves at the shoulder are interesting but the wide decolletage screams for a necklace and since she's wearing pearl earrings, it would have to be pearls.

The rest of the dress is a mystery until the formal photos.

My favorite is her first dress...the creamy buttery color.

LaRae

:previous:
I totally agree with you Pranter, the 1st picture for me in the best, love the soft butter color on her for it is a soft feminine color. Nothing more say who Catherine is then when she is holding her children in her arms...... that says it all about her!

I love the white dress. Very beautiful and regal. A wonderful dress.

Start with the positive: Her hair looks beautiful. I like her earrings :flowers:

Another boring McQueen dress. They all begin to blend into one another. The shape suits her, but for the shoulders. The 70/80s puff shoulders are not a good retro look.

And sorry not a fan of the headpiece. Looks oversize on her.

Love her hat and hairdo, so flattering.i read in another blog that it mimics a French hood, which was popular when st. James palace was built. She cannot take her eyes off beautiful Louis, simply besotted, how lovely. The v neck and puff sleeves look great and the big pearl earrings finish off the look . Her sisters dress was just ghastly

Last edited:
I thought Catherine looked radiant; her dress indeed has a lot in common with her earlier christening looks but it fits the occasion so that's fine with me.

I'm not sure what was going on with her family members and the godparents (well, the men were dressed sharp - but that's much easier for them than for the women). They tried to fit into the 'blue theme' mostly but not many more positive things (hmm, not even sure that I am a fan of a color theme at a christening) to say.

Does this mean she has the same design in 3 different colours (white, yellow & blue)?

I was never really convinced that her coat at Meghan's wedding was the same one at Charlotte's christening... It had a very distinct yellow tone once she's not standing directly in the sun.

Mercy look at that brooch!

LaRae

Great colour and outfit on the duchess ,not mad about the flowers on the hat but that asides wonderful look today.

She looks beautiful, but I think it's time to give that particular style a rest.

(..)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom