The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion, Part 2: June 2011 - July 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The interesting thing about this "Anne of Green Gables" outfit is that I would NOT like it in any other setting (other than 1930s Wimbledon, as was mentioned above LOL). But I think it's absolutely right for this moment, this setting, this location. In that context, I love it. Would have chosen different earrings (did she only bring 3 pairs of earrings?), the sapphires are too formal for the outfit and the occasion. Cute little buttons would have been better.

You took my thoughts out of my head :lol:! I was trying to figure out how to phrase my opinions on the outfit, and you have said it quite well. This one works well in the context of the setting, and pays a tribute to something the place is famous for (and she likes the books, so it works out).

The interesting thing about this "Anne of Green Gables" outfit is that I would NOT like it in any other setting (other than 1930s Wimbledon, as was mentioned above LOL). But I think it's absolutely right for this moment, this setting, this location. In that context, I love it. Would have chosen different earrings (did she only bring 3 pairs of earrings?), the sapphires are too formal for the outfit and the occasion. Cute little buttons would have been better.

I agree. I think this outfit is great. And as you said, it is in context. I love it

I agree. I think this outfit is great. And as you said, it is in context. I love it

I actually like the Diana earrings with this outfit. Since they are the only jewellry she is wearing it makes them stand out nicely especially with her hair back off her face. They look bigger then when she wore them last. I think it's just an optical illusion

the dress is knited so I think is an under skirt that comes already with it! great shot!!!!!I am happy she had one, so you can imagine the press!!!!!!!

Thanks, Daria and Daisygoogles! For someone who spends most of her time in sweatpants, I sure do enjoy fashion! :)

Daria_S said:
Huh? Did I miss something? :confused:

She changed into pants for the dragonboat race. (like a legging/exercise pants)

Poor William is still wet from the dragonboat race!!

Last edited:
:previous: Ahh. Thank you. That makes sense.

That's my least favorite. It looks like an old rag.

Funny how people differ so much in their fashion opinions. I LOVE this outfit, the only thing I have a problem with is the uneven hemline.

When I saw her in the sailor dress, she reminded me of Leisl - the eldest of the von Trapp children in 'The Sound of Music'. For a very brief second, I tought she would break out singing.

Anyway, her outfit looks more like a costume, a very nice one.

When I saw her in the sailor dress, she reminded me of Leisl - the eldest of the von Trapp children in 'The Sound of Music'. For a very brief second, I tought she would break out singing.

:ROFLMAO: Didn't she take piano lessons? So maybe she is musically inclined can indeed sing (would be interesting if she decided to break out into a song in the middle of an event...then it would be 'Royalty: The New Musical').

Yeah...I'll stop now. My love of Broadway has no place in this discussion. :whistling:

:previous: I like her jacket. It's functional and looks good on her.

Last edited:
I think it's the same outfit she was wearing before the race minus the red scarf.....
I didn't see her outfit before the race, so thanks for the info. Awww...I'm disappointed. I was hoping for another wardrobe change.

:previous: I like her jacket. It's functional and looks good on her.
I agree. I've always liked her casual style. She usually gets it right. Her evening/dressy style has always been hit or miss with me.

Last edited:

I quite like that dress especially for this "olde" charm, as if taken from times when people spend their holidays at seaside resorts like those on Prince Edward Island (or think The Great Gatsby for that matter - Long Island countryhouses). It was very fitting, IMHO.

And I bet Catherine is shrewed enough to know that most photographers wait for a chance to get a pic of her underwear (Ooppps, indeed!) and thus has a matching, dignified kind of shorts under her dresses when in windy surroundings. Jut like the other ladies of the RF have weights in the seams of their skirts.

That should be Lies(e)l - a short form of Elisabeth, not Leisl. :flowers:
Wink from a village not far away from Salzburg, Kataryn

I hesitated on how to call today's outfit because it's so many things at the same time. Then I think we should go for a 20's version of the Tennis Barbie... the modern version was out when she wore that white Alice Temperley dress at Wimbledon last week.

As for the hair, clearly her hairdresser slept over today and she had to fend for herself...

I am starting to get bored with the navy style. It is nice to see from time to time but she should start wearing something different...

Naggi said:
I am starting to get bored with the navy style. It is nice to see from time to time but she should start wearing something different...

I'm bored with it also.
I'm starting to think she's trying to match clothes with her engagement ring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom